Plex Media Server library missing after restart of server

I tried searching and searching for days but i cant seem to find an answer. I know its just my lack of knowledge but everytime the server reboots i have to readd my library so i can watch on my roku and apple tv. i cant be the only this is happening to?? Yet I cant seem to find a solution. Can someone help me please. thanks

*Unraid 6.3.5

Plex Media Server 1.10.1.4602-f54242b6b

PlexConnect (uninstalled until I can figure this out)

16 minutes ago, carlos28355 said:

I tried searching and searching for days but i cant seem to find an answer. I know its just my lack of knowledge but everytime the server reboots i have to readd my library so i can watch on my roku and apple tv. i cant be the only this is happening to?? Yet I cant seem to find a solution. Can someone help me please. thanks

*Unraid 6.3.5

Plex Media Server 1.10.1.4602-f54242b6b

PlexConnect (uninstalled until I can figure this out)

How is plex installed?  Plugin or docker application? 

ok ok please forgive me. I was able to get plex installed via docker. i know this has to be easy but i cant firgure it out nor can i find the answer online. I know it has to be there somewhere. i have like 20 tabs open and have been trying to find the answer for several days. I cant point the plex library to my share titled "My Movies" if I browse to add the folder through plex webgui i cant navigate out of "/var/lib/plexmediaserver" I tried to manually type to my movie folder using "/mnt/user/My Movies" and im sure thats wrong. it must be wrong because its not scanning my movie library. any ideas? thanks

7 hours ago, carlos28355 said:

does this give you any ideas?

A couple, actually. First, using limetech's own docker may not be the best choice for this app. They have enough on their plate maintaining unraid, their containers don't see a lot of love. I'd recommend linuxserver's version, the support is much more responsive. In the future, it's always best to post to the specific container's thread here on the forum for support, as posts out in the wilderness like yours aren't as likely to get seen.

Second, and why you can't scan your library, is that you don't have anything in the container part of the path for your movies. You've specified the unraid part, but the container part tells the docker where to look. Usually it would be something like /media. In your example, everything in /mnt/user/My Movies/ is mapped to a blank, so the container can't see it. If you map it to /media, then you would tell plex to scan /media, and all your movies would be there.

Normally, that part of the container template would be filled in automatically, so I recommend removing the limetech container and all the appdata it generated, and download the linuxserver version from the apps tab and see if you get on better.

14 hours ago, jonathanm said:

A couple, actually. First, using limetech's own docker may not be the best choice for this app. They have enough on their plate maintaining unraid, their containers don't see a lot of love. I'd recommend linuxserver's version, the support is much more responsive. In the future, it's always best to post to the specific container's thread here on the forum for support, as posts out in the wilderness like yours aren't as likely to get seen.

Second, and why you can't scan your library, is that you don't have anything in the container part of the path for your movies. You've specified the unraid part, but the container part tells the docker where to look. Usually it would be something like /media. In your example, everything in /mnt/user/My Movies/ is mapped to a blank, so the container can't see it. If you map it to /media, then you would tell plex to scan /media, and all your movies would be there.

Normally, that part of the container template would be filled in automatically, so I recommend removing the limetech container and all the appdata it generated, and download the linuxserver version from the apps tab and see if you get on better.

ok thanks for your help. im not good with this stuff and i recently learned about dockers from this post haha... ill undo current one and dl what you said. ill try to do it all without bothering you guys. thanks again!