Can't access shares

I've had windows 10 automatic updates off for a while and just decided to turn it back on.

After upgrading, I'm no longer able to access shares via //tower or //ipaddress.

I've tried editing group policy to allow guest access, and unraid is set to local master. Also, the windows 10 vm and unraid are both on the same workgroup.

I think I'm at a lose. Any suggestions?

You are not alone.  Windows 10 has been besieged by access problems since it was introduced.  Some of these issues have been caused by the increased security as MS tries to make this OS more secure.  It seems that MS has decided to block some of the earlier versions of SMB.  You might want to review this information here:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/53172-windows-issues-with-unraid/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-606752

and read the rest of  this  thread as it contains a lot information.  

If that doesn't solve the problem, a search of this portion of the subforum might pull up a couple of more threads where this problem has been solved.  You might want to double check that your unRAID version is current for whichever track (Staple or rc) you are on.  

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, rmilyard said:

Been reading around but can’t find fix for me. My Windows 10 desktop on ver 1709. I can’t access shares by name or IP. I can ping the server. Server is at 10.0.1.100. If change IP to 10.0.1.110 seems to work. I need it at 100. Anyone have any help can provide me?

Please, You need to start your own thread.  Your issue (as described) is not the same as the original poster.  Basically, it sounds like you have two devices with the same IP address.

44 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Please, You need to start your own thread.  Your issue (as described) is not the same as the original poster.  Basically, it sounds like you have two devices with the same IP address.

Nope. The FreeNAS server was parted to make this server. Only one device using this IP.