slow or stuck autostart of VM

hi,

i need your help for an issue that is getting bigger and bigger...

my setup:

x99-m ws, 5820k, 32gb ram

1 disk in array, 1 parity

1 cache ssd (crucial mx300)

1 passthrough ssd 850 EVO (daily driver with windows 10 with 1060 passthrough with rom dump)

1 unassigned ssd (750 EVO)

I noticed towards the end of the year that upon a fresh start of the unraid box, the windows 10 VM (autostart) would take more time to initialize.

The unraid loads, reaching the tower login prompt, but waiting more and more (sometimes up to 2-3 minutes) to get the win 10 vm to autostart...

now, after the new year, the VM does not start anymore under normal conditions.

it gets stuck at tower login prompt... keyboard seems unresponsive, i cannot even type a username/password (i remember i could do that in the past if i was quick enough)...

Current workaround is to select the gui mode from boot menu of unraid, and then at certain point some 3-5 minutes i believe, after loading the gui, it will autostart the windows 10 vm (with the usual artifacts on screen)

One interesting thing to notice, is that while waiting for autostart VM, i cannot access the admin console (emhttp) - the firefox browser remains in "waiting for IP..."

I am not sure if this is because of the flash usb drive, or some other issue with my hardware, or something else...?

I do get some message just before the tower login prompt, related to unassigned devices, as if a certain file does not exist.

I attach diagnostics for when i am successfully able to autostart the VM (unraid gui boot) - but i cannot extract the diagnostics for the situation when VM does not autostart (unraid default boot)

kindly please suggest what should i try...

thanks,

alex

towerx99-diagnostics-20180110-0035.zip

looks like solved, i did few things - hope it helps somebody:

1) i manually checked for updates in the Plugins page, then installed the updates.

Some hickups along the way:

a) the check for updates was very slow

b) the process stuck 2-3 times, had to navigate away, then back to Plugins page, then restarting the process of check for updates.

c) one pluggin failed to update on first try, then had to restart the update and all was ok...

2) Also, i disabled the autostart of the VM, then started the VM from CLI.

Then re-enabled the autostart for that VM and since then, it starts properly and quickly, couple of seconds after unraid startup.