Halfway through upgrading my parity drive, what's next?

grphx

I had 4x4TB drives and I got a new 8TB drive.  Obviously if I want to add this to my system I have to replace my parity drive.  So I pulled my parity 4TB drive out and put my 8TB drive in.  Assigned it to parity and the rebuild started going.  It's within a couple hours away from being complete(so it says) and I was just wondering how I can still use the other 4TB drive that I was using for parity. 

I'm assuming once the parity rebuild completes I can shut down my server and readd the old 4TB drive and assign it to a slot.  Doing this will erase all the info on that disk, but that's okay right since the parity drive completed the rebuild?  Once that happens then Unraid will start storing data on the 4TB again and thus increase my total storage from 12TB to 16TB?

22 minutes ago, grphx said:

Doing this will erase all the info on that disk, but that's okay right since the parity drive completed the rebuild?

Yes

23 minutes ago, grphx said:

Once that happens then Unraid will start storing data on the 4TB again and thus increase my total storage from 12TB to 16TB?

You'll need to format it once it cleared and then unRAID can start using it.