unRAID OS version 6.4.0-rc21b available

48 posts in this topic Last Reply

5 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Thanks but the question was whether or not it will ever work with 6.4. I don’t have any plans to stop using Safari.

If I remember correctly, someone said the reason it doesn't work in safari is that it doesn't support authenticated websockets. 

So then it looks like a Safari issue. 

If I remember correctly, someone said the reason it doesn't work in safari is that it doesn't support authenticated websockets. 
So then it looks like a Safari issue. 
That was my recollection@saarg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

updated, no issues.. first line of my logs is the microcode update.. but not sure why its so old.

Jan 11 10:05:48 husky kernel: microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0x1c, date = 2015-02-26

cpu is Intel Core i3-3220

# dmesg | grep microcode
[    0.000000] microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0x1c, date = 2015-02-26
[    7.231117] microcode: sig=0x306a9, pf=0x2, revision=0x1c
[    7.231280] microcode: Microcode Update Driver: v2.2.

went looking, forgot how old this mobo is, its last bios update was 2013-09-29... so yeah cpu prob hasnt had any updates in awhile :/

Edited by zoggy
49 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Thanks but the question was whether or not it will ever work with 6.4. I don’t have any plans to stop using Safari.

I know. Sorry my comment was  towards the release notes. I forgot to quote the other part of your post. sorry.

5 minutes ago, starbix said:

The other solution would be to disable authentication for the WEBUI.

This can be done by setting a blank root password.  Not recommended.

6 minutes ago, starbix said:

Or maybe if a lot of people wrote something in here: https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=80362 it'll be fixed.

Good luck with that.

There are a couple ways we can solve this but nothing before 6.4 'stable' is released.

1 hour ago, limetech said:

There are a couple ways we can solve this but nothing before 6.4 'stable' is released.

I imagine I’ll wait for the stable anyway. See what happens when it comes around.

Thanks for the info.

4 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I imagine I’ll wait for the stable anyway. See what happens when it comes around.

Thanks for the info.

It's just the real-time CPU stats on Dashboard and web-Terminal that doesn't work in Safari - everything else works the same.

2 minutes ago, limetech said:

It's just the real-time CPU stats on Dashboard and web-Terminal that doesn't work in Safari - everything else works the same.

I’ve been using Terminal.app for so long I’d probably forget the web Terminal was there anyway.?

I tend to have opera open for all my server related tabs anyway with everything else in Safari. To be honest I'd only trust the browser based session for small stuff anyway. I am not sure if it creates a new session each page load or anything but long running stuff I'd want to open in screen to protect myself. in other words, I'd just open terminal (iTerm) and be done with it :)

Still on version 6.3.5 as I need a very stable server. You are now on the 21st version of the release candidate for 6.4. I am following progress closely, however I do not know (and therefore cannot plan) when the stable version of 6.4 will be released. 

For 6.3 no (security) fixes have been released after 6.3.5. With all the chatter around meltdown I would like to learn the timeline when 6.4 will be released, and if this will take more time, if a 6.3.6 will be released to implement fixes for Meltdown.

Regards, Richard

once i updated I started getting an error on one of my drives. The drive is a 4TB seagate nas drive with 600mb of data on it when I try to write anything on it I get drive is full, here is the error in log:

Jan 12 15:57:52 SHS emhttpd: error: send_file, 139: Broken pipe (32): sendfile: /usr/local/emhttp/logging.htm
Jan 12 15:58:09 SHS shfs: error: shfs_mkdir, 1356: No space left on device (28): assign_disk: VR/New folder

Edited by PSYCHOPATHiO
26 minutes ago, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

once i updated I started getting an error on one of my drives. The drive is a 4TB seagate nas drive with 600mb of data on it when I try to write anything on it I get drive is full, here is the error in log:

Jan 12 15:57:52 SHS emhttpd: error: send_file, 139: Broken pipe (32): sendfile: /usr/local/emhttp/logging.htm
Jan 12 15:58:09 SHS shfs: error: shfs_mkdir, 1356: No space left on device (28): assign_disk: VR/New folder

Syslog snippets are seldom sufficient. Post Diagnostics.

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

Syslog snippets are seldom sufficient. Post Diagnostics.

I found out that all shares assigned to that specific drive are no longer pointed to that drive, I re-assigned them & will re-apply permissions and see what happens.

EDIT: problem fixed, it seems the update reset the drive allocation for everything on that drive.

Edited by PSYCHOPATHiO
3 hours ago, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

I found out that all shares assigned to that specific drive are no longer pointed to that drive, I re-assigned them & will re-apply permissions and see what happens.

EDIT: problem fixed, it seems the update reset the drive allocation for everything on that drive.

Neither the description of your problem nor your solution seem to make any sense, at least to me. I wonder if you don't have corruption somewhere, either on flash or on a disk. Can't tell without more information.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Neither the description of your problem nor your solution seem to make any sense, at least to me. I wonder if you don't have corruption somewhere, either on flash or on a disk. Can't tell without more information.

me neither, the system was running fine from previous updates but suddenly after the last update I noticed when I write to one of the shares on my 4TB HDD it tells me drive full, so I checked the share assignment and found that it was assigned to all. All the share on the drive were reset for an unknown reason.

What I did is reassign it to that drive and restart the array, checked it back and all seems to be ok.

8 hours ago, Richard Aarnink said:

Still on version 6.3.5 as I need a very stable server. You are now on the 21st version of the release candidate for 6.4. I am following progress closely, however I do not know (and therefore cannot plan) when the stable version of 6.4 will be released. 

For 6.3 no (security) fixes have been released after 6.3.5. With all the chatter around meltdown I would like to learn the timeline when 6.4 will be released, and if this will take more time, if a 6.3.6 will be released to implement fixes for Meltdown.

Regards, Richard

The 6.4 RC21b is very stable, a friend of mine made it on a Ryzen system similar to mine for over 30 days straight on RC19 before he updated to 21b.

If your on an intel platform be sure to check for bios updates.