unRAID OS version 6.4.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

3 hours ago, Ryonez said:

Right, I am having no luck with being provisioned a Lets Encrypt Cert.
I added "unraid.net" to the "DNS Rebind Protection" exception list for my router. I also changed the DNS used to openDNS. Despite multiple reboots and attempts, I get the error shown in the image consistently. As far as I know openDNS doesn't have DNS Rebind Protection on, so I have no clue at this stage where to go.

2018-01-13_23-32-39_AtlantisIdentification.png

For PFSense if you're using unbound dns resolver just put into custom options and this will work correctly

server:
private-domain: "unraid.net"

Edited by ffhelllskjdje
  • Like 3

Just updated my two servers; one from 6.3.5 stable and one from rc20. No troubles to report.

Of particular interest to me in this release is the new ability to bind a docker to a VLAN-tagged bridge and assign it an IP address in an isolated subnet so I can route its traffic out a separate gateway interface. Works like a charm!

Cheers,

-A

5 minutes ago, Singh said:

I had changed the web GUI port to 8080 but after this 6.4 update it defaulted back to port 80.

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp -p 8080&       line is still in /config/go but its not having any affect. 

Did you even read the first post? There is a note about exactly that in there under Secure Access...

• Like 2
17 hours ago, limetech said:

Note: The /usr/local/sbin/emhttp line in your /boot/config/go file is no longer used to specify the ports where the webGUI listens for connections. Instead you must configure these on the Identification page. Alternately if you need to set this up prior to server boot, you may add the port settings in /boot/config/ident.cfg. Please refer to /usr/local/sbin/emhttp script for more information if you care about this.

8 minutes ago, Singh said:

I had changed the web GUI port to 8080 but after this 6.4 update it defaulted back to port 80.

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp -p 8080&       line is still in /config/go but its not having any affect. 

• Like 1

Smoking!   The web Gui has always been a dog on my X7SPA-HF D525.  Now it is more responsive than even my fastest Unraid rig on any prior version.  Awesome work folks.

Running a backup script to this server now,  then will manually trigger mover followed by a dual-drive parity check.  I'll update if any snags are hit.

@garycase  I think the folks just injected some major life support for the atom... Thanks  @limetech  and @bonienl

Edited by landS

upgraded from 6.3.5 to 6.4.0

Only issue seeing is VM (OSx) wont start and get following error on the VM log -

2018-01-13 14:21:09.999+0000: starting up libvirt version: 3.8.0, qemu version: 2.10.2, hostname: DataSvr
2018-01-13 14:21:09.999+0000: Domain id=1 is tainted: high-privileges
2018-01-13 14:21:09.999+0000: Domain id=1 is tainted: custom-argv

------

1 hour ago, Woodpusherghd said:

Try Google's public dns server. Worked for me

I changed the DNS to google's to test, that didn't work.

33 minutes ago, ffhelllskjdje said:

For PFSense if you're using unbound dns resolver just put into custom options and this will work correctly

server:
private-domain: "unraid.net"

I don't use a PFsense, and I've already mentioned I've added unRAID to my router's exceptions. Thank you for the suggestion though. Does PFsense do something weird?

31 minutes ago, landS said:

Does the gui terminal live in Unraid memory (aka a nerd pack screen replacement) or is it tied to the web session and cancels out the running command if closed  (aka, a SSH replacement).

It cancels out the running command if closed.  You could use 'screen' or 'tmux' to have the session persist though.

• Upvote 1

I just upgraded and clicked "provision" to get my SSL cert. All worked well, but I can no longer access the web GUI. I get this:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://8513....unraid.net:43/Settings/Identification might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNSAFE_PORT

Is there any way to reverse of fix this? I may have other docker containers using port 43 but am not sure since I can't use the GUI anymore. Really would appreciate any help. Thanks!
18 hours ago, limetech said:

Note: Unfortunately this functionality does not work with Safari.

Funny story: for one of my servers, which started with the 6.4RC, it works, all works on safari. For another one that has been upgraded from 6.2.4 to 6.4RC to 6.4, never worked during the RC. Also, VNC works for the pure 6.4RC one, but not the 6.2.4 upgraded one. 

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Try booting from a USB2 port.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it and got the same result. I also tried to restore from the previous directory on the USB drive and was able to get back in under 6.3.5. I redid the update from the GUI and got the same result. I have attached the last log run which was on 12/23/17 to see if anyone can spot something with the setup.

tower-diagnostics-20171223-0635.zip

16 minutes ago, ipreferpie said:

I just upgraded and clicked "provision" to get my SSL cert. All worked well, but I can no longer access the web GUI. I get this:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://8513....unraid.net:43/Settings/Identification might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNSAFE_PORT

Is there any way to reverse of fix this? I may have other docker containers using port 43 but am not sure since I can't use the GUI anymore. Really would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Why are you trying to access the GUI on port 43?

Just now, trurl said:

Why are you trying to access the GUI on port 43?

I did something stupid since I had another docker app using 443. So I changed the https for unRAID to 43. Now I can't access it. But I can still use Krusader and can make changes. Any way to remove the SSL certs and or change the port?

7 minutes ago, ipreferpie said:

I did something stupid since I had another docker app using 443. So I changed the https for unRAID to 43. Now I can't access it. But I can still use Krusader and can make changes. Any way to remove the SSL certs and or change the port?

Solved it...I just used MS IE which doesn't block unsafe ports. Then went into the page and changed the port to something else!

21 minutes ago, Squid said:

Your diagnostics would be a boon

Sorry guys I should of read the FAQ for posting issues.

I have worked out the issue, I had setup separate macvlan for my dockers and it seems that was not copied over to latest upgrade. Will report back shortly after some investigations and if I can re-create it. 

Thanks

FIXED: Re-created macvlan network I had setup to use pi-hole docker with VM service running. All is well. Thanks guys, leaving this here for anyone else who had the same issue. 

This is the link to macvlan creation tutorial: 

Edited by witalit
23 minutes ago, witalit said:

This is the link to macvlan creation tutorial:

This link describes a manual configuration for unRAID 6.3.

With unRAID 6.4. macvlan support is built-in and custom networks are automatically created and made available to docker containers.

It is recommended to remove any manual macvlan configuration and use the built-in functionality.

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

This link describes a manual configuration for unRAID 6.3.

With unRAID 6.4. macvlan support is built-in and custom networks are automatically created and made available to docker containers.

It is recommended to remove any manual macvlan configuration and use the built-in functionality.

Ah yes I did see that thanks. How do you specify which IP address I would like each docker to use?

• limetech unpinned and locked this topic