unRAID OS version 6.4.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

1 minute ago, garycase said:

Noted the following on 6.4:

=> On the Plugins page, clicking "Check for Updates" does a check, but after it's done still shows Status: Unknown for my only plugin (Dynamix Cache Directories)

=> On the new "OS Update" page in Tools, clicking "Check for Updates" does a check, but it also shows Status: Unknown after the check.

While you don't have Fix Common Problems installed, it does have an explicit test for the ability to communicate with GitHub basically so you can receive plugin update notifications.  What happens if you set a static DNS addresses of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4?

Noted the following on 6.4:

=> On the Plugins page, clicking "Check for Updates" does a check, but after it's done still shows Status: Unknown for my only plugin (Dynamix Cache Directories)

=> On the new "OS Update" page in Tools, clicking "Check for Updates" does a check, but it also shows Status: Unknown after the check.

If status is unknown then the repository (github or Limetech) could not be contacted. Do you have internet connection from your server?

7 minutes ago, bonienl said:

If status is unknown then the repository (github or Limetech) could not be contacted. Do you have internet connection from your server?

Yes, it should have a connection.   It had no problem getting the update from 6.3.5 and the checks always worked fine then.

Just upgraded from 6.3.5 to 6.4.0, process went very smoothly. The only thing I had to do was upgrade my CA Backup plugin to v2 and re-enter settings. One thing I noticed in the Docker page, "Version" shows as "not available" for all of my dockers.

Loving the speed of the new interface. Thanks for all your hard work on this release.

This seems to show a GB connection, so I'd think it would be able to connect for the update checks.

That is only the physical connection state, no guarantees that communication is possible.

What happens with (terminal window)

ping github.com

8 minutes ago, no1home said:

One thing I noticed in the Docker page, "Version" shows as "not available" for all of my dockers.

In this release the online check for Docker containers upon system start is removed.

You can either do a manual check or wait for the automated check (if enabled).

18 minutes ago, bonienl said:

That is only the physical connection state, no guarantees that communication is possible.

What happens with (terminal window)

ping github.com

The ping results in a series of 64 byte packets being received until I hit Ctrl-C, which stopped it and gave the following results:

GitHub.com ping statistics

58 packets transmitted, 58 received, 0% packet loss, time: 57075 ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 44.465/51.391/82.397/5.597 ms

Just for grins, I backed up the flash on my main media server and did the update there as well.   SAME results with update checks --- "Status: Unknown" for both the plugin and OS checks.

It seems to show the check working okay ...

Media OS Update Check.jpg

14 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

Just had another hard crash.

Here's the log from before. 

unraid-diagnostics-20180113-1252.zip

This time around, unRAID did not auto generate a diagnostic.

You are getting huge number of errors trying to connect to  192.168.1.4 - what is that?

There are a large number of files being moved and log rapidly fills up, maybe turn off mover logging? Settings/Scheduler/Mover Settings

Once again, please boot in safe mode and see if problem persists.

6 minutes ago, limetech said:

You are getting huge number of errors trying to connect to  192.168.1.4 - what is that?

There are a large number of files being moved and log rapidly fills up, maybe turn off mover logging? Settings/Scheduler/Mover Settings

Once again, please boot in safe mode and see if problem persists.

192.168.1.4 is IPMI.  I do have a plugin for that which I will remove.

I will move off mover logging as well.  The files are likely the images from surveillance.

I already rolled back to 6.3.5 but I'll give 6.4 again after removing some plugins.  At this point, the only plugins I'll be using are the CA, Dynamix, Fix Common Problems, Recycle Bin and Unassigned devices.  I'll give safe mode ago on next boot.

Edited by Living Legend

image.thumb.png.0a1afd87002e281a3b4c9ac1a4e20c6c.png

1 hour ago, bonienl said:

Open a terminal window and type

ping 8.8.8.8

(ctrl-C to break)

I get request timeout for  any host on my network trying to ping google dns, but I'm using 8.8.8.8 as my main dns in pfsense and can browse internet fine. I can ping github.com directly and the domain name resolves fine:

Screenshot 2018-01-13 15.53.31

Upgrade went fine. No (real) issues besides having to add nomodeset at the unraid start menu when booting to avoid a red screen.

As requested here:

"Some users report vmwrite syslog errors as a result of VM startup. This is a harmless message and can be ignored; however, please report if you see this."

5a5a9cff473ff_unraidvmstarterror.thumb.PNG.46b9f03a971eb159047669295054f8df.PNG

The only issue I've had so far is even after moving the UI to port 99 and 9443 I can't bring up any of my containers on port 80 or 443 as they're still being used.

I can't restart to check if that'll fix right now as I'm running a parity check but I'm guessing that's all I need todo to free the port from nginx?

P.S. Love that my parity check went from 10MB/s per drive to 50MB/s after the last update.

48 minutes ago, jonp said:

Thanks everyone for all the feedback on the new release so far!!  It really helps to know how people are doing with their upgrades and what issues (if any) arise. Please keep it up!

Outside of safe mode, are there any other ways in trying to figure out the reason for my constant hard crash?  I had to roll back to 6.3.5 as the family was getting cranky with me all day with the constant hard crashes where it'd only last for an hour and their tv shows would freeze.

Here again is the diagnostic from before the first freeze:
unraid-diagnostics-20180113-1252.zip

I have since removed nearly ever Plugin that's not CA or Dymanix.  The only other ones I run are quite popular ones:

Unassigned Devices

Fix Common Problems

Nerd Tools

Preclear Disks

Recycle Bin

Server Layout

User Scripts

If I'm at a dead end I'll upgrade again tonight when the family gets to sleep and see what happens.

• limetech unpinned and locked this topic