unRAID OS version 6.4.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

Hi,
i just updated today to 6.4 and i'm having problems with my windows vm 

when i start it it keeps spamming this error
Jan 14 17:35:54 Server kernel: vfio-pci 0000:00:02.0: BAR 2: can't reserve [mem 0xc0000000-0xcfffffff 64bit pref]
to the console, until it fills the log folder.

it's a windows 10 vm with igpu passthrough, and the device mentioned in the log seems to be the intel gpu.
does anyone know how that can be solved?

thank you

server-diagnostics-20180114-1740.zip
You post has the same error as this guy's.

https://lime-technology.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/65494-unRAID-OS-version-6.4.0-Stable-Release-Available#entry619723

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, francesco995 said:

Hi,

i just updated today to 6.4 and i'm having problems with my windows vm 

when i start it it keeps spamming this error

Jan 14 17:35:54 Server kernel: vfio-pci 0000:00:02.0: BAR 2: can't reserve [mem 0xc0000000-0xcfffffff 64bit pref]
to the console, until it fills the log folder.

it's a windows 10 vm with igpu passthrough, and the device mentioned in the log seems to be the intel gpu.

does anyone know how that can be solved?

thank you

server-diagnostics-20180114-1740.zip

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/65494-unraid-os-version-640-stable-release-available/?do=findComment&comment=619723

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

That fix is still in place and correct (only active plugins are read).

The cause comes client 192.168.1.220 which tries to execute a non-existing preclear.

Sure.  With regards to preclear.  But dynamix system stats .cron is still being added.  Follow my link.  Cron entries are still being processed in safe mode.

I'm experiencing hard crashes with 6.4.0 on my Ryzen build.  For those that don't know, I'm the original discoverer of the Global C-state Control fix for Ryzens, and my unRAID server is extremely susceptible to this issue for whatever reason.  I typically get crashes within a few hours if the problem exists.

Until today, I was running 6.4-rc7a for several months, with Global C-state control ENABLED, and no other manual fixes.  I had uptime exceeding 50 days, and never experienced a crash under rc7a.

This morning I updated to 6.4.0 stable, and applied the ZenStates fix to the config/go file (my file shown here):

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
zenstates --c6-disable
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp 

Within 3 hours, I have already experienced my first hard crash.  Console was not responsive, no output anywhere.

I have disabled Global C-state Control again, so hopefully I can be stable on 6.4.0 while this is being addressed.

Here's what I don't understand:  If this is an AMD bug, and is AMD's responsibility to fix, why did the fixes that were put into rc7a work so well?  And why can't those same fixes be brought forward to 6.4.0?

Thanks,

Paul

Hello, just upgraded to 6.4, rebooted just fine but now it's telling me ext4 for my SSD cache is unsupported and is prompting me to format.

I've never had an issue with this previously, so I guess my first question is, is there any way to get it back to allowing the cache SSD as ext4?

If not, what would be recommended process so I don't lose everything current stored on the cache?  If it was mountable, I could move everything off, format, then move it back on but given I can't get to that point, looking for some tips.

Appreciate the assistance in advance!

Screenshot 2018-01-14 12.17.19.png

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sean M. said:

Hello, just upgraded to 6.4, rebooted just fine but now it's telling me ext4 for my SSD cache is unsupported and is prompting me to format.

I've never had an issue with this previously, so I guess my first question is, is there any way to get it back to allowing the cache SSD as ext4?

If not, what would be recommended process so I don't lose everything current stored on the cache?  If it was mountable, I could move everything off, format, then move it back on but given I can't get to that point, looking for some tips.

Appreciate the assistance in advance!

Screenshot 2018-01-14 12.17.19.png

ext4 has never been a supported filesystem for cache or array disks. Possibly your previous version mounted them anyway. You should be able to mount ext4 with Unassigned Devices.

8 hours ago, remati said:

The upgrade process from 6.3.5 to 6.4 went smoothly but I'm having a weird logging issue when starting one of my VM's with an Intel HD Graphics passthrough. It loads on the monitor ok but I'm getting a flood of these errors in the unraid log:

Jan 14 01:18:50 Tower kernel: vfio-pci 0000:00:02.0: BAR 2: can't reserve [mem 0xd0000000-0xdfffffff 64bit pref]

It seems to be filling up my /var/logs folder 100% completely. I've attached my diagnostics zip. What could be causing this issue now?

tower-diagnostics-20180114-0125.zip

Try adding to your append line in syslinux:

video=efifb:off

From: https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2016-April/msg00236.html

Please report if this solves the problem.

Just now, zin105 said:

You can generate your own cert with OpenSSL.

I didn't think generating my own would effect the auto renewal thats built in. Essentially, I just want to alter what unraid is doing when it reaches out to letencrypt to generate a new cert. Adding my own fqdn and nixing the unraid dns would be ideal. I don't really like being able to resolve an fqdn outside of my network to an ip that is internal. I know its technically safe, but I just think its weird and don't really care for it. I can see it being a nice feature for most though.

21 minutes ago, limetech said:

No but that's a good idea to make it configurable.

I realize I'm being a little picky at this point since I'm sure I'm a small percentage of users who have their own internal domain, along with their own internal home lab, but it would be nice to have for those who want it.

EDIT: Better yet, it would be amazing to be able to configure the details of the cert registered with letsencrypt, but be able to toggle the limetech dns feature and cert auto renewal independently. That way users can just leave it at auto for those who are less picky or we can enter our own details and choose to use limetech dns or auto renew independently.  

Edited by manofcolombia

Just lost user shares again. Here's what's in the syslog. All drives are approximately half full.

Jan 14 11:19:55 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdc 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:55 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdd 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:55 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sde 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:55 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdf 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:55 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdg 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:55 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdh 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:55 Tower kernel: notify[6545]: segfault at 0 ip 0000000000603e0d sp 00007fffb4f509c0 error 4 in php[400000+74a000]
Jan 14 11:19:56 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdf 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:56 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdg 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:56 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdh 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:56 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdi 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:57 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdc 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:57 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdd 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:57 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sde 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:57 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdf 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:57 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdg 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:57 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdh 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:57 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'timeout -s 9 60 udevadm info --query=property --name /dev/sdi 2>/dev/null' in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 369
Jan 14 11:19:58 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [timeout -s 9 60 /bin/lsblk -nbP -o name,type,size,mountpoint,fstype,label 2>/dev/null] in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 361
Jan 14 11:19:59 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [timeout -s 9 60 /bin/lsblk -nbP -o name,type,size,mountpoint,fstype,label 2>/dev/null] in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 361
Jan 14 11:19:59 Tower rc.diskinfo[8573]: PHP Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 2 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 266

HI,

I started using Unraid for the first time with 6.4.0 Stable release .(On Ryzen 1700X/X370 Asus Prime)

USB booting is Ok,

The system just had one & only one new hard disk.(WD Datacenter)

I think I started the array, Unraid was telling that the hdd is unpartitioned/unformatted and such.

After that  I initiated a quick smart test & was clicking around the GUI,

Suddenly the Web interface got stuck, went to the putty/ssh session to check, ran top, saw a process @100% and then the ssh session go stuck too.

But ping to the Tower was responding.

Initiating a second ssh session did not help either. Had to hard shutdown & restart the machine.

Wondering what is going on...

Then later after a fresh reboot the hdd was formatted, Tried to create a Ubuntu VM & so on and then, the server was left on its own for an hour.

ping was running on the client machine & Tower was responding.

Then tried to refresh the unraid page, and then that was it.. Unraid got stuck.. Then ping also timed out.

Screenshot attached of 100% cpu use.

Client machine runs on XP & uses Firefox ESR & Putty to connect to Unraid Tower.

(Also had another issue where I started VirtIO download & then could not stop the array.. Had to kill the wget, so that it did not use the share.)

emhhtpd_100_percent.jpg

• limetech unpinned and locked this topic