unRAID OS version 6.4.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

Just now, Random.Name said:

Well sadly i am not at my server right now but when i tried to updated this morning my cache drive was unable to mount.
It said it had to be formated.

Anyone else with this problem?

Going back to 6.3 got my drive up again. I will post again with logs when i am back with my server, just wanted to check if any one else has problems with XFS SSD Cache drives.

Did you format this disk using Unassigned Devices (UD) before start using it as cache disk?

Earlier versions of UD formatted disks in a non-compatible way for unRAID 6.4.

Just now, dlandon said:

You probably formatted the disk with UD and it is not a compatible format with 6.4.  Roll back to 63, unload the cache drive, update to 6.4, format the cache, and move the stuff back.

Maybe ;)

Whats the best way to unload the cache drive? Copying everything to an external drive via gui or rsync allways crashes and complains about permission errors (even witrh sudo rsync).

4 minutes ago, Random.Name said:

Maybe ;)

Whats the best way to unload the cache drive? Copying everything to an external drive via gui or rsync allways crashes and complains about permission errors (even witrh sudo rsync).

Stop VMs and Dockers and set the cache shares to use cache.  Then run the mover.  Verify the cache disk has unloaded.  You may have to reboot so the appdata and Docker loop files are unmounted.  Then format the cache disk.  Set the shares to prefer cache and run the mover again.  Your stuff will move back to the new cache.

The previous post links to a post that describes this procedure in detail.

Edited by dlandon
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, dlandon said:

If you don't currently need it, just remove it.  The preclear plugin is not needed for daily operation.

I also realized that I have this edit to my syslinux.cfg file (last line):

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 10
label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot
  vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1

I imagine no issue here?

42 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

default menu.c32
prompt 0
timeout 10
label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot

I imagine no issue here?

That's fine. No issue. 

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

That would be a much better answer.  Preclearing is not a daily operation and is done very infrequently in a normal unRAID setup.

Ahh... Screen is ok, but I love the gui version!   I use it on all mechanical hard drives for myself, friends, family, and work when the HDD new.... And again when disks go out of commission... I also use it for fresh Unraid disks :)

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

If you don't currently need it, just remove it.  The preclear plugin is not needed for daily operation.

I removed the preclear plugin.  I've been running for about an hour and just had my first hiccup.  I have a TV connected to a VM and it froze for about 20 seconds.  Now it's running again.  Yesterday, 3-4x this was the same precursor to it giving me an entire server freeze within the next 30 minutes.

if it matters, another diagnostics, with the issue having happened sometime between 6:00-6:05 EST

unraid-diagnostics-20180114-1805.zip

Assuming I freeze up again, what's the next check?  Everything ran perfectly fine in safe mode, so we can assume it's still a plugin issue?

4 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

I removed the preclear plugin.  I've been running for about an hour and just had my first hiccup.  I have a TV connected to a VM and it froze for about 20 seconds.  Now it's running again.  Yesterday, 3-4x this was the same precursor to it giving me an entire server freeze within the next 30 minutes.

if it matters, another diagnostics, with the issue having happened sometime between 6:00-6:05 EST

unraid-diagnostics-20180114-1805.zip

Assuming I freeze up again, what's the next check?  Everything ran perfectly fine in safe mode, so we can assume it's still a plugin issue?

Take a look at fix common problems.  You have issues to sort out.

3 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

with the issue having happened sometime between 6:00-6:05 EST

Server is trying to suspend while in use, and there was a call trace about it:

Jan 14 18:04:13 unraid kernel: PM: suspend entry (s2idle)
Jan 14 18:04:13 unraid kernel: PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: Freezing user space processes ...
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: Freezing of tasks failed after 20.007 seconds (1 tasks refusing to freeze, wq_busy=0):
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: find            D    0 18626  18625 0x00000004
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: Call Trace:
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: ? __schedule+0x4ac/0x4e9
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: schedule+0x76/0x8e
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: request_wait_answer+0xd2/0x19c
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: ? wait_woken+0x68/0x68
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: __fuse_request_send+0x70/0x75
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: fuse_readdir+0x15b/0x55b
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: ? _copy_to_user+0x22/0x28
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: iterate_dir+0x86/0x123
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: SyS_getdents+0x8a/0xea
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: ? compat_fillonedir+0xb7/0xb7
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: ? entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x1e/0x81
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x1e/0x81
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: RIP: 0033:0x150daffa3c6b
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: RSP: 002b:00007ffd69f89d70 EFLAGS: 00000202
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: OOM killer enabled.
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: Restarting tasks ... done.
Jan 14 18:04:33 unraid kernel: PM: suspend exit

1 hour ago, Pauven said:

Is that a thing?  All I know is I needed the kvm_intel.netsted=1 statement to allow VMWare images to play inside a Linux VM, and it works even on my Ryzen box.  Without this option, the passed through CPU reports no VM capabilities.

But I'll look into it further, maybe the AMD version would work even better...

Can't find the page I saw earlier that said to exchange Intel with and, but here is a link to jonp suggesting the same.

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/40927-nested-virtualization/?tab=comments#comment-420127

7 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Likely the S3 plugin

Interesting.  I did have this set to suspend after 30 minutes of inactivity on the server.  But I now realize that the VM is on an unassigned device which has not been selected to be monitored.  However, this was note an issue on 6.3.5.  Any idea what changed between 6.3.5 and 6.4 which would cause this freezing issue now?

3 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

Interesting.  I did have this set to suspend after 30 minutes of inactivity on the server.  But I now realize that the VM is on an unassigned device which has not been selected to be monitored.  However, this was note an issue on 6.3.5.  Any idea what changed between 6.3.5 and 6.4 which would cause this freezing issue now?

I believe I read in another thread about some compatibility issue with that plugin and v6.4, better to uninstall it until it's updated.

I just bought a pro license few days ago, and I'm on the latest stable release. I am only using my system as file storage, I have one plugin installed, the community one, and I might even remove it. Usually I wait for the next minor update, I don't jump on major updates. regarding meltdown, if I am not accessing my system remotely, and I don't surf the web through it...I believe I am safe, correct?

Thnx

26 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

What issues are you seeing?  This is all I got:

image.thumb.png.e7e0e51d11e4cfb245952e16be7ea765.png

Jan 14 17:12:02 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share vm set to not use the cache, but files / folders exist on the cache drive
Jan 14 17:12:08 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: ca.resource.monitor.plg Not Compatible with unRaid version 6.4.0
Jan 14 17:12:09 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: serverlayout.plg Not Compatible with unRaid version 6.4.0
Jan 14 17:12:11 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application headphones does not have the same webUI interface as what the template author specified ** Ignored
Jan 14 17:12:11 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application letsencrypt does not have the same webUI interface as what the template author specified
Jan 14 17:12:11 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application zoneminder does not have the same webUI interface as what the template author specified ** Ignored
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application binhex-delugevpn is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application DuckDNS is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application freshrss is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application headphones is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application hydra is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application jackett is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application letsencrypt is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application mariadb is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application NZBGet is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application openvpn-as is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application plex is missing.
Jan 14 17:12:14 unraid root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application radarr is missing.

Not sure if these are important.

11 minutes ago, Mat1926 said:

I just bought a pro license few days ago, and I'm on the latest stable release. I am only using my system as file storage, I have one plugin installed, the community one, and I might even remove it. Usually I wait for the next minor update, I don't jump on major updates. regarding meltdown, if I am not accessing my system remotely, and I don't surf the web through it...I believe I am safe, correct?

Thnx

If you are running 6.4.0 then you are protected as well as you can be at this point*. It is likely that additional updates will become available down the road as more mitigations are put in place.

(*) You should also install any bios updates that become available for your motherboard.

28 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

If you are running 6.4.0 then you are protected as well as you can be at this point*. It is likely that additional updates will become available down the road as more mitigations are put in place.

(*) You should also install any bios updates that become available for your motherboard.

No, I am 6.3.5. As I said I dont access my server remotely -outside my home network-, and I don't use it a gateway or VPN...

2 hours ago, Living Legend said:

default menu.c32
prompt 0
timeout 10
label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot

I imagine no issue here?

No, all kernel options must appear on the one and only one "append" line.  Above should be:

default menu.c32
prompt 0
timeout 10
label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1

14 hours ago, bonienl said:

This is a browser artifact and happens when browser scaling is set larger than 100%. Different browsers give different results when scaling.

Well browser scaling is at %100, it's the OS scaling at %125. Stock skin had 0 issues with this. Quite annoying for people with large format displays.

great job guys.

works flawlessly and dockers seem to be a bit faster doing processing.

Plex from clicking play to Transcoding and showing a video stream is about 2 seconds faster.

loving the webui being in its own thread.

Edited by Maticks
  • limetech unpinned and locked this topic