unRAID OS version 6.4.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

On 1/14/2018 at 4:37 PM, limetech said:

You can get your own LE cert and upload to your server to file config/ssl/certs/certificate_bundle.pem.  Set 'Use SSL/TLS' to Yes (not Auto).

You are also on your own to renew the cert every 90 days.  We can't do it because it's not our domain obviously.

thanks for you help, is there a way to just change that long address for something more short

6 hours ago, mata7 said:

thanks for you help, is there a way to just change that long address for something more short

Why?

You don't need to type or bookmark or otherwise use that long address for anything. Just use the same address you have always used and it will automatically insert the rest.

I’m pretty sure at some point I saw a post about how to completely nuke the network settings by deleting a config file, but I can’t find it now. Is it possible to reset the network settings to default this way? Every time I try to just change the settings I just get a never ending “Waiting” banner on the settings>network page.

5 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I’m pretty sure at some point I saw a post about how to completely nuke the network settings by deleting a config file, but I can’t find it now. Is it possible to reset the network settings to default this way? Every time I try to just change the settings I just get a never ending “Waiting” banner on the settings>network page.

On /boot/config delete network.cfg and if exists network-rules.cfg and reboot

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Mat1926 said:

Is there a simple answer w/o criticizing a legitimate customer?

Not criticizing. It's just that simple answers to simple questions often lead to more questions, some of which may have already been answered.

By the way, we are all mostly just volunteers here, so you are not really my customer in any sense. I did take the trouble to re-read the last few pages myself looking for your simple answer, but I'm not really clear on exactly what your question is. Simple questions often have a host of assumptions that I may not have in mind when trying to answer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, trurl said:

Not criticizing. It's just that simple answers to simple questions often lead to more questions, some of which may have already been answered.

By the way, we are all mostly just volunteers here, so you are not really my customer in any sense. I did take the trouble to re-read the last few pages myself looking for your simple answer, but I'm not really clear on exactly what your question is. Simple questions often have a host of assumptions that I may not have in mind when trying to answer.

I thought you work for LT, not volunteering, sorry for that. Are you aware of the best way to get support if I needed to, or booking sessions is the only way?!

11 minutes ago, Mat1926 said:

Are you aware of the best way to get support if I needed to, or booking sessions is the only way?!

Best option is this forum. Almost all issues can be resolved with a little research and patience. Booking a session with LT would be the only alternative in most cases.

7 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Best option is this forum. Almost all issues can be resolved with a little research and patience. Booking a session with LT would be the only alternative in most cases.

Limetech may or may not read any particular forum thread, though they often read release threads, at least for a while. They might also respond to email.

They don't have many employees, but they do have a lot of enthusiastic volunteers. The forums are one of the best things about the product and the reason I chose unRAID years ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Settings - Identification - SSL Certificate Settings. Turn on Help

Well, I checked there and the only thing which looks like 'off' to a layman is

"Note: After provisioning a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate you may turn off the updatedns and newcert background processes by chaning this field to Yes."

Having done that, I'm still getting a 'no vnc' error when I try to use my Windows 10 VM, hence my posting here. Is it off now or what? Has 6.4 broken my VNC?

• limetech unpinned and locked this topic