unRAID OS version 6.4.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

Hey!

upgraded from gui, reboot, everything went smoothly. 

Had som initial issues with https and the certificate provisioning, got blocked by dns rebinding protection.

I have a DD WRT router, tried to disable dnsmasq and disabled  filter ident (113) on the firewall settings with no success, then I just changed the dns to 8.8.8.8 and all is well, thanks for the hard work devs and testers! :) 

Rebuilding my unRAID server with device encryption now, but have struck two issues, along with the cert provisioning still not working.

Encryption. I can't find any option to encrypt the parity drive. How is encryption being worked? Is parity being calculated on the LUKS layer itself?

Https. This is starting to feel like a mess. Https redirects to the local domain name ("atlantis.local" for me) and then my browser throws an error, which is attached. I will use http for now because I have to, but what is going on?
It worked perfectly until I used mc to backup all the data off of disk one. Been doing this since, despite me adding the ip address to my hosts file.

2018-01-21_09-33-45_atlantis.local.png

Encryption. I can't find any option to encrypt the parity drive. How is encryption being worked? Is parity being calculated on the LUKS layer itself?

parity works at a lower level than encryption (It works at the physical sector level) so it works in a way that is not affected by whether encryption is in use or not.

1 hour ago, Ryonez said:

Https. This is starting to feel like a mess. Https redirects to the local domain name ("atlantis.local" for me) and then my browser throws an error, which is attached. I will use http for now because I have to, but what is going on?

I have the same issue. Made a thread about it here but no solution so far: 

3 minutes ago, limetech said:

Added ability to set your own TLD in the next release, including setting it blank.  Prob will solve this for you.

That sounds great, thank you. 

I'll try to look into the cert stuff on my side more later. Seems weird with a the router and dns both set to allow it that it's failing to do provisioning.

Was playing with my router settings a little, and during one of my changes provisioning worked. I have no clue what made it work, as I'd used the settings I switched back to as the default base before trying things. So it's had the current setting in use now a fair few times already.

20 minutes ago, miccos said:

Hi have i understood correctly; if I upgrade to 6.4 and enable SSL and use the HTTPS address, can i access my webGUI outside of my network? I would assume i can create a login?

No, that address points to the machines local IP. Later though, that might change.

unRAID's root login is the only login for the unRAID system still.

Edited by Ryonez
On 1/13/2018 at 9:55 PM, Zero said:

People who get the 403 error and you have an USG Gateway,  SSH into the gateway and enter this command:

configure
set service dns forwarding options rebind-domain-ok=/unraid.net/

Whoever added all the useful 'Help' information, you're amazing!

Thanks for your post, I am finding how to make it work on my USG-PRO-4.

Edited by TheBlueKingLP

I just built two new servers (https://pcpartpicker.com/b/LKKBD3) to replace my two original servers (that have been humming along since Nov 2010 ).  Upgraded both new servers from 6.3.5 to 6.4.0 with no problems.  I let them run a few days to make sure they were stable, and thought 'what the heck', how about upgrading the original servers (which were running 4.7).

So, I did a 'clean install' using this guide-- http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6

It worked perfectly.  Easy as pie.

Thanks,

--srengr

I have UNRAID 6.4.0 running under VirtualBox to develop a plugin to handle NVMe drives. I have two such drives configured in the VM but UNRAID is only reporting on the 2nd device.

ls -l /sys/block

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jan 22 01:17 nvme0n1 -> ../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0e.0/nvme/nvme0/nvme0n1/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jan 22 01:16 nvme0n2 -> ../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0e.0/nvme/nvme0/nvme0n2/

[devs] => Array
        (
            [device0] => Array
                (
                    [id] => ORCL-VBOX-NVME-VER12_VB1234-56789
                    [tag] => 0
                    [device] => nvme0n2
                    [sectors] => 268435456
                    [sector_size] => 512
                )

[device1] => Array
                (
                    [id] => VBOX_HARDDISK_VBded2914d-ccd3c738
                    [tag] => 0
                    [device] => sdb
                    [sectors] => 67108864
                    [sector_size] => 512
                )

)

ETA: Rebooting into safe mode showed the other NVMe drive but still only one.

nasdev-diagnostics-20180122-1252.zip

Edited by jbartlett
On 1/15/2018 at 7:23 AM, limetech said:

There are issues with Ryzen, try disabling "Global C-state control" in your bios.

Thanks for letting me know that.

Now, with Global C-state control disabled & also adding a 6800GT GPU (was headless before) I haven't had any problems for at least 12 hours, when I last checked.

I've got one more question though.. The Ryzen processor in question, fails the Kill Ryzen test.. it belongs to the Week 18 of 2017 batch.

Was wondering if Unraid is known to trigger that buggy situation also

Edited by Shinobi

Unraid 6.4 installed using the following spec

Ryzen 1800

32gb ram

Asrock Itach X370

Nvidia 1030

nvidia 710

500gb NVME

I have 2 VM's running, passing thro each GPU to 2 separate monitors, keyboards etc.

All running perfect, no issues.      Some really great features added into 6.4, feel a bit spoiled :D

Thank you unraid team and all their DEV's...  especially CHBMB putting up with my  letsencrypt setup lol

• limetech unpinned and locked this topic