6.4 - Array Starting - Starting Services (Stuck?)

bakes82

I'm having the same issue. Shares and dockers show up after the array is started, but VM's are inaccessible. The UI just says "services starting"  Tried safe mode without plugins and disabling Docker but nothing worked.  Reverted back to 6.3.5 for the time being. 

On 1/16/2018 at 6:25 PM, ti6462 said:

I'm having the same issue. Shares and dockers show up after the array is started, but VM's are inaccessible. The UI just says "services starting"  Tried safe mode without plugins and disabling Docker but nothing worked.  Reverted back to 6.3.5 for the time being. 

Same for me. I disabled all plugins and docker. Tried following all relevant steps from the "6.4.0 Stable Release - Update Notes". My server is still stuck in "service starting".

Just now, Squid said:

Just on the off chance, did you try simply loading the UI in another tab?  Does anything happen / appear if you hit the log button?

I did try that, nothing different happened. I was able to use the new terminal/console feature to view the syslog, but the "Log" display popup (from the nav bar) never loaded. Although i did find at one point i could view the syslog through the ui from the Tools -> Syslog page. 

As far as I can tell, the array started up no problems.  Your apps are running, FCP did its thing 10 minutes after start (and you manually hit it 5 minutes after start)

Outside of suggesting the probably won't solve it, but why not you've got nothing to lose of clearing your browser cache, and/or a different browser I don't have much to suggest

If you're willing you could try redoing your flash to make sure it's not related to your config or any customization, which IMO it's highly likely.

Backup the current flash drive, create a new install on it and copy just super.dat (disk assignments) and your key from the current flash, both on the config folder, if the array starts normally you can then start reconfiguring the rest one thing at a time.

3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

If you're willing you could try redoing your flash to make sure it's not related to your config or any customization, which IMO it's highly likely.

Backup the current flash drive, create a new install on it and copy just super.dat (disk assignments) and your key from the current flash, both on the config folder, if the array starts normally you can then start reconfiguring the rest one thing at a time.

Quick update - i followed @johnnie.black advice: 

I backed up the /boot drive, deleted everything from it, downloaded the latest unRAID server: https://lime-technology.com/download/, and then copied over my key and super.dat file from my backup (/boot/config/super.dat and /boot/config/Basic.key). 

Upon restart, the array started up successfully! 

However (obviously), now i have none of my dockers or other system configuration. I'll spend a little time seeing if i can add back config slowly enough to find the culprit.

Following a hint from @bakes82, I think I see the problem.  Your /boot/config/domain.cfg file looks like this:

SERVICE="enable"
IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img"
IMAGE_SIZE="1"
DEBUG="no"
DOMAINDIR="/mnt/user/domains/"
MEDIADIR=""
VIRTIOISO=""
BRNAME="virbr0"
VMSTORAGEMODE="auto"

Note that the MEDIADIR setting is empty.  I just verified on my system that that is required for the array to start.  Here is the default:

MEDIADIR="/mnt/user/isos/"

I'm not sure if VIRTIOISO is required, but here is what I have:

VIRTIOISO="/mnt/user/isos/virtio-win-0.1.118-2.iso"

Fingers crossed this does it!

• Like 1