Plugins - Check for Updates Missing?

If you have dynamix (Settings - Notification Settings) set to check for updates on a schedule, then the button is not there.  The system will automatically check for updates whenever you enter the tab.

If dynamix checking for updates is disabled (ie: you're relying upon CA AutoUpdate to automatically check and install updates), then the button will be there.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 1/14/2018 at 10:32 PM, Squid said:

If you have dynamix (Settings - Notification Settings) set to check for updates on a schedule, then the button is not there.  The system will automatically check for updates whenever you enter the tab.

If dynamix checking for updates is disabled (ie: you're relying upon CA AutoUpdate to automatically check and install updates), then the button will be there.

i have same problem (button update plugin dissapered) i think after update to 6.9.1.

in 6.8.2 it was avalibe even i have dynamix (Settings - Notification Settings) set to check for plugin updates on a twice a day and CA AutoUpdate to automatically check and install updates .

where is the problem ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Without digging through the past revs to see when it was introduced, I can at least say that on 6.8.3+ the operation is as I described.  My gut tells me that it was introduced somewhere in 6.7

You mean its OK for 6.9.1 when (check) button is missing and (update) button is avalible only when updates ready ?

PS (checked when disable (Settings - Notification Settings) plugin update, then a button is avalible ... like you said i think its from 6.8.3+ 

Thanks

Edited by Masterwishx

No.  If you have in notification settings check for updates enabled, then the button is never there.  The system will check both on the schedule you set and whenever you go to the plugins tab.  If check for updates is disabled in settings, then the button is always there.