Docker Service failed to start.

Melocco

What do you do if you deleted the docker.img file and rebuilt and then went to previously installed apps and find that none of the docker are there.  WIll I have to manually reinstall all of these dockers or is there a way to recreate these with all my old settings?

I upgraded to 6.10 this past week and installed a new precleared drive and woke up to none of the dockers working. So I did the Docker rebuild first...

2 minutes ago, Japes said:

went to previously installed apps and find that none of the docker are there. 

The settings for previously installed apps are in the config folder on your flash drive just like all of your other settings. Did you make a new Unraid install without your configuration?

I did not make a new Unraid install I just uploaded through GUI to 6.10 and then upgraded again today when the pop up came up.

I was upgrading an old 2TB drive with a new 6TB drive and I coppied all the data from old drive to a current drive.  I then removed the old drive in the config and rebuilt parity with one less drive.  all checked out.  I then precleared the new drive and added it to the array and formatted it as normal.  All checked out.  noticed none of my dockers were showing in the dashboard (don't know if that was before or after but they were all on when I went to bed last night as the new drive was finishing Post Read.  Remembered last time this happened a few years ago about the rebuilding docker.img.  So I did that.  but when I went to previous apps location it only had two plugins listed and dockers was greyed out.

Unfortunately my flash back up is way out of date.  Brain fart and I didn't backup before upgrade.  I hadn't upgraded in awhile.  I think I was on 6.5 still.

But anyway on the app page after deleting and re enabling docker image in settings page I get this at the top.

image.png.79fc000d9d025ad92a172311d56bad43.png

EDIT:

found this

image.thumb.png.419e058efa8e1a8d5dcfa6a9568b6ad4.png

but here is my cache info

image.thumb.png.ee31f3c74a867d3fe66ddabd3024e5f5.png

Edited by Japes

I figured so that's what I was in the process of doing so I'' report back when that's done.

Starting with all the family photos since it looks like the mover hasn't moved those in quite awhile

Edited by Japes
8 hours ago, Japes said:

Starting with all the family photos since it looks like the mover hasn't moved those in quite awhile

Even if these had been moved to the parity array, parity is NOT a substitute for backup.

You must always have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Even if these had been moved to the parity array, parity is NOT a substitute for backup.

You must always have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable.

oh, for sure.  Photos are stored on an external hard drive that is backed up to the unraid server.  It was more a comment of that seeming weird since I haven't added photos to the server in over a week and Mover is supposed to have been run nightly so the Cache drive must have been having issues for at least a week.  So, the Docker weirdness I was experiencing last week kind of makes sense now.

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/loop2       30G   30G     0 100% /var/lib/docker

Docker image is completely full, delete and recreate, then monitor to see if there's a misconfigured container writing to the image.

I changed it to 40G and it was doing the same. Half a day later, I updated unraid to 6.11.5, rebooted, everything started working normally. Here is the new diagnostics:

realserver-diagnostics-20221212-0952.zip

24 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Docker -> Container size

I have no idea what is taking 20GB in docker image.

Name                                              Container                Writable                 Log

Filerun-ofi                                       1.79 GB                  3.05 MB                  2.91 MB
baidupan                                          1.41 GB                  38.6 MB                  30.7 kB
binhex-delugevpn                                  1.37 GB                  10.4 MB                  14.5 MB
Chrome                                            784 MB                   330 kB                   4.92 kB
Plex-Media-Server                                 716 MB                   58.2 MB                  11.8 kB
Netdata                                           587 MB                   186 MB                   963 kB
krusader                                          486 MB                   23.7 kB                  15.7 MB
sonarr                                            403 MB                   29.4 MB                  26.4 MB
jackett                                           379 MB                   107 MB                   25.6 kB
Grafana                                           315 MB                   0 B                      234 kB
mariadb                                           287 MB                   21.5 kB                  6.95 kB
Postgres11                                        284 MB                   63 B                     12.1 MB
radarr                                            246 MB                   18.0 kB                  9.10 MB
NginxProxyManager                                 192 MB                   16.3 kB                  167 kB
TeslaMate                                         182 MB                   3.48 MB                  4.67 MB
mosquitto                                         13.1 MB                  0 B                      12.9 kB
Total size                                        9.44 GB                  437 MB                   86.9 MB

2022-12-12 10_27_45-REALSERVER_DockerSettings.jpg

My filerun stopped working and would not restart, while most other dockers were still ok. Grafana and Mosquitto could not start. So I turned docker service off, and back on, it reported the same issue. Rebooted, same issue. I tried to backup appdata with CA plugin, but the status part always stops at filerun/system/data. I will leave it overnight and see if it gets any further. I am downloading diagnostic, but it is stuck at "lsof -Pni 2>/dev/null|todos >'/realserver-diagnostics-20221212-1807/system/lsof.txt'"

2022-12-12 18_16_29-REALSERVER_Diagnostics.jpg

2022-12-12 18_16_20-REALSERVER_BackupMainV2.jpg

• 1 month later...

complete noob to unraid.  brand new install.  this docker failing to start stuff is not giving me the warm and fuzzies about paying for this once my trial runs out.

any assistance would be appreciated.  I've tried most of the previous fixes

root@Sadie:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.docker restart

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

stopping dockerd ...

Cannot find device "docker0"

Cannot find device "docker0"

no image mounted at /var/lib/docker root@Sadie:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.docker status status of dockerd: stopped root@Sadie:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.docker restart Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running? Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running? stopping dockerd ... Cannot find device "docker0" Cannot find device "docker0" no image mounted at /var/lib/docker root@Sadie:~# cd /var/lib/docker root@Sadie:/var/lib/docker# ls unraid/ root@Sadie:/var/lib/docker# cd unraid root@Sadie:/var/lib/docker/unraid# ls ca.backup2.datastore/ root@Sadie:/var/lib/docker/unraid# cd .. root@Sadie:/var/lib/docker# ls unraid/

sadie-diagnostics-20230128-2214.zip