INVENTEC B800 Motherboard

Hi I purchased a INVENTEC B800 Motherboard for my dual xeon setup, they are cheap on Ebay if your willing to take a risk on importing one from Hong Kong. 

My problem is actually finding any info on these boards, Unraid reports this board as being a ZTSYSTEM - A9DRPF-10S, I did a search of the serial number on the zt-system website for available downloads and drivers but the site does not recognize the serial number. I'm only looking for a bios update because currently in the current bios I do not see any options to set the onboard vga to first boot rather than it taking the pci-e slot.

The board runs great and I have not had much of a issue but its pain sometimes with vm's and gpu pass through, although I have a working gaming vm I have trouble with reboots/shutdowns of vm's and have to do a full system reboot for the vm's to become alive on my screen again. If I do not do a full system reboot I end up with black screen.

• 1 year later...

I have this board and have issues with the RJ-45 port being recognized. I have used 3 different Ethernet cords but none of them pickup. I looked in the bios and do not see an option to turn on the standard 1G ethernet port, just the 10G ports. Whenever I boot to Unraid in the UI and go to the Interface for eth0 it says the "Interface Ethernet Port 0 is down. Check cable!"

Any idea what I can do to get this working?

1 hour ago, Jebaroo said:

Any idea what I can do to get this working?

The port should light up and attempt to negotiate regardless of OS being loaded, so I'd check the status lights on the port itself while in the BIOS on the board. Check the 8 wires in the port to see if they are all neatly lined up, check that the port you are plugging in to at the other end works with other devices, etc.

@jonathanm So for the status lights on the port, the one on the left is solid green and the one on the right is flicking. When I look at the hub the status light on it is flicking in conjunction with the right light on the RJ-45 port. I attempted to connect directly to the router and am getting the same results. I used a cable tester and confirmed the cable is ok.

P.S. Thank you for the quick reply.

Here are some screenshots from what I figured would be applicable here. I'm not super familiar with Linux so i had to lookup most of these terminal commands. If we need something more let me know and I can get that. I'm not sure what the best way to go about this is so I'll just play it by ear.

hostname, ifcongfig - all, resolv.conf (All 3 blanked out MAC addresses are the same)

20190528_214028.thumb.jpg.959ff80404aa2564b73230106288cb6d.jpg 

20190528_214044.thumb.jpg.c551ea6a2adb1f2042140f61344705c0.jpg

20190528_214433.thumb.jpg.c64541e2cfe1e55211aa9d8d8e7c1155.jpg

Bios > Advanced > Onboard Device Configuration

20190528_214853.thumb.jpg.c94e2fb37cd0c6fd5b40ff812590e139.jpg

Bios > Server Mgmt > BMC Network Configuration (I believe this is for remote booting but it seems to be the only thing I can see that is getting assigned an IP so I figured I'd include it. This MAC address if different than the three in the previous image.)

20190528_215049.thumb.jpg.8090e1432340809971d799692c875f25.jpg

Inventec B800 mainboard RJ45 should be an IPMI port ( remote management ), only 10G SFP+ was network port, if you not planing run in 10G optical, you may try some converter from SFP+ to 1G RJ45 or add a Network card.

To avoid hijack from OP, you should open a new post.  OP was 2018.

INVENTEC-B800-10GB-SFP-Motherboard-Dual-

UFRJ451G-Cable-Front.png

Edited by Benson
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Benson said:

Inventec B800 mainboard RJ45 should be an IPMI port ( remote management ), only 10G SFP+ was network port, if you not planing run in 10G optical, you may try some converter from SFP+ to 1G RJ45 or add a Network card.

This is exactly what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Since I saw so many people having success with this card I figured they were using the RJ45. Thank you so much for your insight!

9 hours ago, Benson said:

To avoid hijack from OP, you should open a new post.  OP was 2018.

I know, but I'm new here and wasn't sure what was proper decorum. In the future I will open a new post, just figured since this looks to be the only post about this board I figured it might save some time.

• Like 1