unRAID OS version 6.5.0 Stable Release - Update Notes

ljm42

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

It's an old unaligned partition, should still be accepted, though performance won't be optimal if using an AF (advanced format) disk or any SSD.

ok.  But my understanding was that the partition had to start at 64 regardless.  Trying to avoid unnecessary false positives here.

ok.  But my understanding was that the partition had to start at 64 regardless.  Trying to avoid unnecessary false positives here.

Assuming the rules are the same as array disks, it will accept sector 63 for unaligned partitions, I had forgotten about those since no one should still be using them, these come from 

kk.  I rearrange the assistant so that if you're already on 6.4+ it will skip the test.  Probably the false positives will be pretty rare, and if it does pop up, then the user should follow the post anyways to redo the cache drive

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 11:38 PM, ljm42 said:

Upgrading from 6.3.5 (or earlier?) to 6.5.0

Before you upgrade from 6.3.5

•  
    • If you have VMs, go to Settings -> VM Manager, switch to Advanced View, and make sure all of the paths are valid. Here are the default settings, but make sure the paths below actually exist on your system. Without these paths, your VMs will not load under 6.4.1.  For more info see this

default VM storage path -> /mnt/user/domains/    (this is DOMAINDIR in \\tower\flash\config\domain.cfg)
      default ISO storage path -> /mnt/user/isos/    (this is MEDIADIR in \\tower\flash\config\domain.cfg)
    •  

When I go to VM manager (advanced view) I see three  "path does not exist warnings"  for the first three entries (Libvert storage, Default VM, Default ISO).

I do not have any VM's installed and have not enabled them.
Do I need to fix this, and if so how?

26 minutes ago, icedragonslair said:

When I go to VM manager (advanced view) I see three  "path does not exist warnings"  for the first three entries (Libvert storage, Default VM, Default ISO).

I do not have any VM's installed and have not enabled them.
Do I need to fix this, and if so how?

Shouldn't need to, so long as the VM system is disabled

Thanks Squid, my only questions that remain (at this point...lol) is that if I decide to enable later on down the road, am I better off trying to deal with that now, or just wait till then? 

And what is the best media server to use with 6.5 for small device streaming?

Edited by icedragonslair

Upgraded from 6.3.5 to 6.5.0, then reverted back to 6.3.5.

6.5.0 worked fine from the web-gui on the monitor at the server. However, when accessing the web-gui from any other machine I got a 500 Internal Server Error which I think this is an nginx error message. 

Working from the web-gui at the server, I was able to provision the certificate for https, but this did not fix the problem.

I've tried booting into the web-gui in safe mode, but this also does not fix the problem.

I've removed dynamix.plg as per the instructions in this post. 

Is there anything else I can check?

@Swithblade:

Thanks for your suggestion.

I reverted back to 6.3.5 so I can't check the logs or settings in 6.5.0. However, when 6.5.0 was running I could access the shares and Sonarr, Plex, (and others) which were running as dockers were also accessible via http.  I think that means the network was running ok.

• trurl unpinned and locked this topic
  • trurl pinned this topic
  • jonp unpinned this topic