error booting server (SOLVED)

I am getting an error booting my unraid server and I can not tell if it is related to a usb drive issue or a hardware issue.

Final line of screen says “kernel panic - not syncing: fatal exception in interrupt”

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by jmcconathy
issue resolved

Post up more details.  Describe what you see on the screen during the boot process...

Is this an attempted upgrade from an old version to the latest version?  Give versions...

Is this new hardware?   

Is it the first attempt to use unRAID on this hardware? 

If so, what is the hardware? 

Will the flashdrive boot in another computer?   (unRAID will not write to any HD on that system UNLESS you tell it to.)

Take a picture of the monitor (make sure it is sharp, not blurry from camera movement, and does not have a flash spot that obscures the text) and post it up in a new post. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jmcconathy said:

I apologize for the delay in this response. I tried it in safe mode and it comes up. I tried it in safe mode with Gui too and it works. It still wont boot up in regular mode.

Do you have starting dockers and VMs disabled?    If so and it works only when starting in Safe mode then it strongly suggests that it is a plugin you have installed that is causing your problem

• 11 months later...