Diagnosing server load

Dimtar

Hi all.

This problem wasn't happening but then it started randomly and its happening more and more. So right now, my server is near un-usable. Its currently sitting at a load of 60. (please see screenshot)

The server isn't doing anything, the load will at some stage come down and the server will be usable again but I am trying to work out what exactly is causing this. If i open netdata during this time, it shows IOwait as the biggest issue but I am not sure what is causing that. 

This is the result of "free -hm", am I running out of ram and its swapping to drives?

root@ASTRO:~# free -hm
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           3.6G        2.9G        190M        473M        558M         14M
Swap:            0B          0B          0B

Like right now I have 10% of kswap0 and 10% of unraidd, is that it swapping to the disk?

I don't have a cache drive and the server is essentially ideal right now. Any ideas on stuff to look at?

putty_2018-01-19_22-59-37.png

Edited by Dimtar
On 21/01/2018 at 12:01 AM, johnnie.black said:

You're getting out of memory errors, probably one of the dockers, best bet would be to shut them all down, turn on one by one and leave it a few days to try and find the culprit.

Why am I not getting email notifications of your replies? This comment is not directed at you, just speaking out loud.

Thanks for the tip, I am pretty sure its the NZBGet docker as its the only container doing anything each day. I also install iotop to help me, thanks for your help I appreciate it.