Can't access webgui after changing default port from 80 (unraid 6.4.0.)

As mentioned in the title i was playing around with some of the new settings in unraid 6.4.0, after going into identification settings and changing the default port from 80 to 79 i can't access the webgui. I tried rebooting into safe mode with gui and i can't access the webgui using localhost either. Is there an easy way to fix this or will i have to wipe my settings from the flash drive?

1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

You can change the port by editing a file on your flash drive (config/ident.cfg)

1 hour ago, Invincible said:

I had to edit the ident.cfg file in \\flash\config however i did get it working.

Sounds like maybe you think these are different. You and ljm42 are saying the same thing.

config is a folder on the flash drive. If you put the flash drive in your PC you will see it has a config folder on it, and inside that folder is a file named ident.cfg

\\tower\flash is the network share of the flash drive. In that network share is a config folder, etc.

\\tower\flash\config\ident.cfg is the same thing as config/ident.cfg.

Also, if you access the flash drive from the unRAID command line, the flash drive is mounted at /boot, so that file is /boot/config/ident.cfg

All different ways of accessing the same thing.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Invincible said:

changing the default port from 80 to 79

It is considered bad practise to change to a port number under 1024, these are well-known ports and should be used only by the respective application.

Better change to something like 8080 or 8008.

Edited by bonienl