Remote FTP Backup to unRAID

kizer

Long time ago when I was running BSD on a little P350 I would use the fget -rC command to download a file or directly. Ok actually it was like this. It would only download each main folder I pointed it at, but it worked great. Of course it was some work to say grab this folder and not just a blanket grab, but sometimes I really didn't care

/usr/local/bin/fget -rC /usr/home/cj/L4J/public_html/database/ ftp://username:[email protected]/public_html/database/*

Now I was tinkering around and I don't seem to be able to find fget for Slackware so I'm trying to find something else.

Basically here are what the switches I used meant.

-r Do not remove local files which do not exist on the server. (The default is to remove these files.)

-C Save files to local directory dir instead of the current directory.

Is there any options to running something simular? I looked into wget, but fget allowed me to download only files that changed not all files. Since I'm only looking to download files that change and update my public_html directly not download the entire directly over again. I could download the entire directly, but I'd rather not download 800meg every night.

Anyways anybody have any ideas because I'd really like to download my website again like I used to and automation is always the fun way of doing it if I can. ;)

I kinda got this far, but I'm trying to figure out how to make it run a bit smoother.

wget -m ftp://username:[email protected]:21/public_html/database/ /mnt/disk1

I also haven't really figured out why it doesn't seem to want to copy my files to the /mnt/disk1 directly, but hey its only a few minutes old. LOL

It tells me /mnt/disk1: Unsupported scheme. Hmmmm, I kinda want to tell it where to save opposed to in the same directly its ran. I'm sure I could create a little script that changes to the directy I want it to run then run that above posted code, but you would think you could force wget to save to a specified directory.

After tinkering I ended up with this.

cd /mnt/disk1

wget -m ftp://username:[email protected]:21/public_html/database/