Xeon motherboard with dual graphics slots

Im planning on getting a Xeon E3 1245v6 and I'm looking for a motherboard. Must meet the following requirements:

- Must be able to hold two dual slot graphics cards (1080Ti). These will be passed through to different VMs

- Micro ATX or smaller

- ECC RAM (not sure to what degree this is determined by the motherboard)

- At least 6 SATA ports

- The machine is on 24/7, so presumably some server grade board would be better

Any recommendations?

Edited by Nem

awesome, didnt know ASRock made server boards

so originally I was planning on using a riser to plug my 16x graphics card into the 8x slot. I dont think it would fit otherwise?

it might be good to have an option without needing a riser, so are there any motherboards that support 2 16x slots if I relax my requirements about motherboard size and allow for an ATX board?

The CPU you have chosen only supports 16 PCIe lanes.  Compare that to the Xeon E5 2670 V2 (a very popular used chip many unRAID users are buying from eBay) which supports 40 PCie lanes.

The C236 chipset (like on the ASRock board I mentioned) supports a total of 20 PCIe lanes.  Fortunately, the Skylake and Kaby Lake CPUs, like the Xeon E3-1245 v6,  have support for the 4 additional motherboard controlled PCIe lanes, so, you could add an x4 NVMe SSD, for example

https://ark.intel.com/products/97473/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1245-v6-8M-Cache-3_70-GHz

https://ark.intel.com/products/90594/Intel-C236-Chipset

Your two x16 1080TIs would both run in x8 mode even if the board had two x16 slots.  This is true even on boards/CPUs that support more PCIe lanes.

The bottom line is that you are unlikely to find any server motherboard in any form factor that has an 1151 socket and the C236 chipset (the most prevalent server chipset for 1151 socket) with two x16 PCie slots because of the number of supported PCIe lanes of the CPU and chipset

Server board manufacturers are not thinking, "hey, someone may want to run two high-end gaming graphics cards on their server."

You are more likely to find 2 x16 slots on dual socket server motherboards and gaming motherboards. On the latter, you will likely lose ECC support.

Edited by Hoopster