Console Decrypter (Auto DVD Ripper) utility - The Lazy Man's way

queeg

• 1 month later...

Here's one more feature.

My computer was going into suspend mode between dvd's so I looked up these commands to disable sleep mode while the ripping is going on.

I edited the ripToISO-MainMovie.cmd script file and added this line at the just above where DVDFab is called. 

powercfg.exe -change -standby-timeout-ac 0

Then at the bottom just after the script deletes temp files I added this.  This sets the time out back to 30 minutes (what I use).  You will need to look up you own power settings in the Control Panel to find out exactly how many minutes to set it back to.

powercfg.exe -change -standby-timeout-ac 30

• 3 months later...

To support new DVDFab 8059 (which installs into a folder named "DVDFab8 Qt"  ) I made some small changes which are in a zip file in the first post of this thread.

One of the DVD's just released requires that verson of DVDFab to rip it.

Edit: 5/21/2-11

I just reposted the latest again because I accidently posted with the Handbrake.v1 and meant to post with Handbrake.v2. 

ConsoleDecryptorForDVDFab8 Qt+Handbrake.v2.zip

• 6 months later...

sorry if I am resurectining an old thread, but I have a question ..

what does the line ""C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\DVDFab.exe" /mode "fulldisc" /SUBTITLE "none" /src "%1" /dest "c:\Movie\" /Title "auto"  /close"

actually do?

I usually use DVDFab with GUI and rip into DVD folder.  as in full DVD structure as is

"\DVDTITLE\"  with "VIDEO" and "AUDIO" folders inside and all VOB  and other files inside that.

I use windows 7 MCE as my player and it does not play ISO files.

also it is easier to add meta data and pictures to home made movies or trans coded from AVI movies(not stolen, I have some DVD from europe the are in PAL and would not play in my DVD player so I had to trans code them into NTSC format but lost the menu etc.)

what does the line ""C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\DVDFab.exe" /mode "fulldisc" /SUBTITLE "none" /src "%1" /dest "c:\Movie\" /Title "auto"  /close"

actually do?

It runs DVDFab and passes parameters to it so it will run unattended.  In this case it rips the full disc (the one in the drive indicated by /src "%1") , doesn't keep any subtitles and puts the output VOB files in a folder under c:\Movie and then closes DFDFab after it's done.  Then the next program converts the VOB files to an iso. 

I usually use DVDFab with GUI and rip into DVD folder.  as in full DVD structure as is

"\DVDTITLE\"  with "VIDEO" and "AUDIO" folders inside and all VOB  and other files inside that.

also it is easier to add meta data and pictures to home made movies or trans coded from AVI movies(not stolen, I have some DVD from europe the are in PAL and would not play in my DVD player so I had to trans code them into NTSC format but lost the menu etc.)

If you are asking about the specific parameters to use with DVDFab, I use it exactly as the scripts indicate and so I can't advise on that.  It's quite alright to wake the thread up.

Dave

sorry if I am resurectining an old thread, but I have a question ..

actually do?

I usually use DVDFab with GUI and rip into DVD folder.   as in full DVD structure as is

Look in the Commandline.txt file in the DVDFab directory for an explanation of the parameters to DVDFab.

thank you Dave and Bob

however some clarification is needed untill I can get to my testbed PC and try this out first hand

(my HDD crushed and I am trying to rebuild it right now but having some driver issues)

Fortunately (or NOT  ::) )  I am not a complete noob to command line and dos/windows batches.

so I do understand what the batch command does.

my question is more to the point of  what folder structure will I end up when using this script as opposed to GUI.

currently when I use DVDFab GUI it rips the dvd like so:

"C:\MyRips\Fulldisk\ DVDTitle" folder

which containd VIDEO and AUDIO folders where all VOB and other files from actual disk is kept

I want to have all the data from the disk as if it was an ISO image. the only extra steps I do in dvdFab is remove the splash screens if possible and remove DRM or other security schema from the target folder  as it can interfere with streaming to HTPC.

so at the end I end up with structure like this (I try to eliminate fuldisk folder ad it is a default location but no luck so far, so I have to move the final rip into my actual MyDVD folder on HTPC)

"C:\

MyRips\

Fulldisk\

DVDTitle\

AUDIO\

VIDEO\

...*.VOB

...*.fr 

...*.ALLOTHER FILES 

will your script do the same in terms of generating the same structure and keeping ALL the files from DVD disk (I think I will remove the Subtitle parameter as I want to keep them as well)

OR will it generate only structure as follows.

"C:\

MyRips\

DVDTitle\

...*.VOB

as in no (VIDEO/AUDIO) folders, VOB files only (no other files on DVD disk is copied)?

I want the full disk experience as in menues/titles and other goodies preserved.

this is also will serve as a back up for my DVD collection just in case something happens to my phisical disk, I can recreate it back to original.

thank you Dave and Bob

I want the full disk experience as in menues/titles and other goodies preserved.

this is also will serve as a back up for my DVD collection just in case something happens to my phisical disk, I can recreate it back to original.

There are two scripts provided.  One for ripping the main movie only and one for the full disc.  For DVD's with multiple episodes (like tv shows) I use the one for full disc and it gets everything including the menues.  So if you want everything then use that script. 

I have one optical drive that I labeled "Main" and anything I put in there gets just the main movie ripped.  I have a second optical drive labeled "Full" and anything I put in there rips the full disc, menues and all.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm curious if any of you guys have tried this on v5 yet?

is it possible to rip bluray disk in unraid? i bought norco 4220 and slim dvd drive. i almost feel like i made a mistake. i dont know what to do with the drive.

I don't know if it does blueray disks or not. I'm not certain how well unraid does on plug-n-play devices such as your external dvd drive. The sole reason I did not buy a server case, such as a norco, was for this ability to have an internal drive for autoripping onto the unraid server.

is it possible to rip bluray disk in unraid? i bought norco 4220 and slim dvd drive. i almost feel like i made a mistake. i dont know what to do with the drive.

I doubt it, there is no device driver for that file-system type on the Blu-Ray disk.  You could always compile your own kernel and add them though.  (although that is a bit on the advanced side)

Could they be compiled as modules and loaded that way into the current release cycle (RC3 for example).  I have a multi core cpu so alot of its ability is not used.  MakeMKV has a linux CLI version avail - as that is what I rip all my purcahsed discs into - DVD and BR.

I have a Norco 2420, and was thinking of getting a slim drive to use in the avail slot.  They do make int laptop drive interface into usb, so was thinking of hooking it up that way - granted not as fast as sata, but I dont have a extra port off the MB to use, 2 8 port cards, and 4 ports off the MB for 20 drives total.

I was also thinking in this process, to just let MKV make each title, and put it in a holding area so I can figure out which is the the main title with correct audio etc.  Right now I am using MakeMKV on win7x64 and doing it by hand and then terramoving over to the BD or DVD user shares.

I also need to make a script to go thru my DVD library and convert to MKV with the cli version as well.  Dont want to do it by hand as there are over 300 DVD ripped in the library - origs are all in storage off site in the rented unit (no garage :(  ).

So again what I am asking, is if the BD filesystem can be loaded as modules instead of compiled into the kernel?  And if anyone is willing to compile them as I dont have a full slackware system to do myself....

Thanks

Myk

Could they be compiled as modules and loaded that way into the current release cycle (RC3 for example).  I have a multi core cpu so alot of its ability is not used.  MakeMKV has a linux CLI version avail - as that is what I rip all my purcahsed discs into - DVD and BR.

I have a Norco 2420, and was thinking of getting a slim drive to use in the avail slot.  They do make int laptop drive interface into usb, so was thinking of hooking it up that way - granted not as fast as sata, but I dont have a extra port off the MB to use, 2 8 port cards, and 4 ports off the MB for 20 drives total.

I was also thinking in this process, to just let MKV make each title, and put it in a holding area so I can figure out which is the the main title with correct audio etc.  Right now I am using MakeMKV on win7x64 and doing it by hand and then terramoving over to the BD or DVD user shares.

I also need to make a script to go thru my DVD library and convert to MKV with the cli version as well.  Dont want to do it by hand as there are over 300 DVD ripped in the library - origs are all in storage off site in the rented unit (no garage :(  ).

So again what I am asking, is if the BD filesystem can be loaded as modules instead of compiled into the kernel?  And if anyone is willing to compile them as I dont have a full slackware system to do myself....

Thanks

Myk

I know of no reason they could not be compiled as loadable modules.  They would be specific to the kernel version used by that release of unRAID, but should not be too difficult once you set up a development slackware instance of unRAID.

I was wondering about this, because in my experiences the DVDs generally do not have the full name listed when I click on the drive. So, even though the ripping is automatic, it seems each DVD must first be renamed correctly. Then I assume there is just a command or two to scrape the media and place it into the unRaid server?

I haven't begun this installation yet, so I apologize if these are naive questions.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...