[Support] Linuxserver.io - Heimdall

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 6:26 PM, greg_gorrell said:

Does anyone know why I would be unable to access Heimdall all of a sudden?  It worked fine for a year now then over the past week since we had a power outage, I try to login and go to a 419 page informing me that my session expired.  I just access this container inside my network via IP so no reverse proxying or DNS issues.  I also tried deleting the keys and still had no luck.  What might be causing this and how can i force a new session?

Hey! Facing the same issue here. Did you manage to solve it?

• 4 weeks later...

@Zotarios

actually, I got it working now. 
1. Completely remove the Heimdall installation data folder (/mnt/user/appdata/Heimdall);
2. In the docker config, user your own PID and PGID (cannot be root or the default ones);
3. Re-run the docker, and it worked :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Team, I've been playing with Heimdall for a little while and had setup a user through the UI (password working etc.) but have no changed to using Authelia and for the life of me I'm unsure how to disable password requirement in Heimdall. I have no .htpasswd so I wonder if it's stored in the sqlite db?

Basically I want just a single populated page with no login requirement in Heimdall and I'm protecting it with Authelia. Any pointers appreciated! I'd rather not blow everything away and start fresh as I have put a number of links and details in that I don't particularly want to redo, but if I have to...

3 hours ago, hoppers99 said:

Basically I want just a single populated page with no login requirement in Heimdall and I'm protecting it with Authelia. Any pointers appreciated! I'd rather not blow everything away and start fresh as I have put a number of links and details in that I don't particularly want to redo, but if I have to...

In Heimdall go to users and then try the link in the column 'app.apps.autologin_url'. Using that link should auto login your user and require to not enter any password. Note, anybody acquiring that link is able to gain admin privileges using that link! It is like handing out your password. Hope that helps.

Edited by T0a
On 9/4/2021 at 8:07 PM, T0a said:

In Heimdall go to users and then try the link in the column 'app.apps.autologin_url'. Using that link should auto login your user and require to not enter any password. Note, anybody acquiring that link is able to gain admin privileges using that link! It is like handing out your password. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly that doesn't proxy well in a way that is transparent to the user as to make the login URL as the default proxied endpoint runs into the issue that Heimdall then redirects to the actual root of the site. While it's doable, it wasn't easy to make happen reliably. I ended up biting the bullet and removing the existing config and reloading it all which now has it working well and was less effort than trying the login url proxy approach anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Im having what is probably an easy fix, but I havent been successful yet.

When I run:

php artisan register:app appname

I am getting the error:

Could not open input file: artisan

I have tried bashing into the container and using the console link as well.  I have tried various folder locations from heimdall root and further in as well to run the command.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am sure I am missing something simple.  Thanks!

EDIT:  Got it.   Never mind...

Edited by danktankk
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how to prevent web crawlers from accessing Heimdall?

I created a robots.txt file and added the values to my /config, but when I check my domain.com/robots.txt it defaults to whatever Heimdall has existing:

User-agent: * Disallow:

I am not sure how to change it.

*Update:

Open a terminal to your docker Heimdall container and edit:

/var/www/localhost/heimdall/public/robots.txt

Edited by 9v9
Update
  • 2 months later...

Heimdall stop working with Nginx Reverse Proxy. In LAN is everything okay. Looks like CSS ist broken. 

*edit* i open the console from the docker go the path /var/www/localhost/heimdall/ open with vi editor the file  ".env" and change the host from http://localhost to http://SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN - reboot the docker. 

*edit edit*

i write it a little bit more understandable

Edited by Drahakar
  • Like 4

I can confirm @Drhakar solution works.  Thanks man, because I totally really on Heimdal and I spent the morning re-bookmarking sites that I use to get through the work day and it was brutal.... "I haven't bookmarked in years"!

Vaultwarden was a slight help when I had a clue about a URL which was rare soooo, like I said a brutal, brutal day for me non-the-less.

I never used vi to edit Heimdal's files before.  After applying the fix, I change Heimdal to "Mystic Dashboard" which was something I've wanted to do for years....  NICE.  Does anyone know where they keep the fav icon??  I'd love to change that as well.

Edited by Mystic
On 1/3/2022 at 2:25 PM, Drahakar said:

Heimdall stop working with Nginx Reverse Proxy. In LAN is everything okay. Looks like CSS ist broken. 

*edit* i open the console from the docker /var/www/localhost/heimdall/ open wie vi  ".env" and change the host from http://localhost to http://SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN - reboot the docker. 

I have a password on Admin account.  After I enter the password the re-direct says.  "This site can't be reached". DNS shows correct SUB.IP:PORT.  Once I refresh the page Heimdal dashboard works.  Do you know any reason for this.

Edited by Mystic
1 hour ago, xxDeadbolt said:

Thanks for this, wondered what was up with Heimdall! 

I don't understand what you mean by this part, though, could you dumb it down a little for me, please? I'm not seasoned with modifying things through the terminal this way.

I think he means, open the file .env with text editor (vi)

So basicly cd path and type command: vi .env

Make the edits and save (press escape, and type :wq)

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, xxDeadbolt said:

Thanks for this, wondered what was up with Heimdall! 

I don't understand what you mean by this part, though, could you dumb it down a little for me, please? I'm not seasoned with modifying things through the terminal this way.

I was unsure myself.  So this is what I did.  

Click on the console access from the docker Heimdal

I cut and past the cd /var/www/localhost/heimdall/ - this changed the directory

type: vi .env - and the file will open correctly.  I don't quite understand it because this .env seams to work like a wildcard of some sort but it open the correct file which you have to edit local host to subdomain.domain.com

I hope that helps from one Newbie to another,

Please anyone, step in and correct or educate us both on why the "vi" editor opens the correct file even when you type .env

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, gunraid said:

I think he means, open the file .env with text editor (vi)

So basicly cd path and type command: vi .env

Make the edits and save (press escape, and type :wq)

If you aren't a fan of command line you can just edit it via going to \appdata\heimdall\www and then opening the .env file with a text editor of your choice and editing it there. 

I put in https://sub.domain.com and saved it, restarted container, and I'm good to go now again.