[Support] Linuxserver.io - Heimdall

17 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

The behavior you are seeing would seem to indicate that port 80 externally is somehow being redirected to port 280 internally.

I dont have anything in my router like that.  Could it somehow be related to the reverse proxy? 

Edited by SPOautos
3 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

I dont have anything in my router like that.  Could it somehow be related to the reverse proxy?

Perhaps.  I am no expert on reverse proxy/SWAG so, unfortunately, I could not tell you what to look for there.  Perhaps someone with more experience there will chime in on this thread.

I do all my remote access to Docker container WebUIs via WireGuard as it is not frequent.

4 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Perhaps.  I am no expert on reverse proxy/SWAG so, unfortunately, I could not tell you what to look for there.  Perhaps someone with more experience there will chime in on this thread.

I do all my remote access to Docker container WebUIs via WireGuard as it is not frequent.

In the file appdata/heimdall/nginx/site-confs it has "listen 80 default_server listen 443 ssl; "  Does that do anything related to my Heimdall and port 80?

Edited by SPOautos
2 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

In the file appdata/heimdall/nginx/site-confs it has "listen 80 default_server listen 443 ssl; "  Does that do anything related to my Heimdall and port 80?

Yeah, mine says the same.  I don't think that's it.  I have had Heimdall running on both server IP address:port and now under a completely separate IP address and in both cases everything behaved as it should. Remote access always displayed unRAID GUI.

Reverse proxy is the only difference as I have never implemented that. 

3 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Yeah, mine says the same.  I don't think that's it.  I have had Heimdall running on both server IP address:port and now under a completely separate IP address and in both cases everything behaved as it should. Remote access always displayed unRAID GUI.

Reverse proxy is the only difference as I have never implemented that. 

How do you put Heimdall on a completely seperate IP address?  Maybe I should consider doing that

Just now, SPOautos said:

How do you put Heimdall on a completely seperate IP address?  Maybe I should consider doing that

I set up a VLAN (192.168.3.x) following this guide.  UnRAID server is on 192.168.1.x LAN

VLAN shows up as br0.3 in Docker container network type.  Once selected, you can assign a fixed IP address (as I do) or let the VLAN DHCP assign it.

image.thumb.png.00f1aaf989c861a4a3c136f3cce4a536.png

NOTE: if you want to try this, it may not be necessary to setup a VLAN.  It may work fine for you on br0 (no setup necessary).  For me and others, IP addresses on br0 cause call traces and server lockups which a VLAN solves.  It seems hardware dependent and your hardware may not cause the problem.

I have several docker containers assigned IP addresses on the 192.168.3.x VLAN subnet.

42 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

I set up a VLAN (192.168.3.x) following this guide.  UnRAID server is on 192.168.1.x LAN

VLAN shows up as br0.3 in Docker container network type.  Once selected, you can assign a fixed IP address (as I do) or let the VLAN DHCP assign it.

image.thumb.png.00f1aaf989c861a4a3c136f3cce4a536.png

NOTE: if you want to try this, it may not be necessary to setup a VLAN.  It may work fine for you on br0 (no setup necessary).  For me and others, IP addresses on br0 cause call traces and server lockups which a VLAN solves.  It seems hardware dependent and your hardware may not cause the problem.

I have several docker containers assigned IP addresses on the 192.168.3.x VLAN subnet.

Thanks for the info.....I may do that.  So going this route since you select the new vlan in the docker template as the network type then you cant run it in a reverse proxy setup....is that correct?  I suppose why you aren't running a reverse proxy

Edited by SPOautos

When setting up Heimdall with the Swag reverse proxy, are you supposed to edit the name of both the Heimdall.subdomain conf file and the Heimdall.subfolder conf file (in the swag sample files)?  Basically where you take the .sample off the end?  If so, is there anything else besides the name that needs to be changed in either of those files?

Edited by SPOautos
2 hours ago, SPOautos said:

When setting up Heimdall with the Swag reverse proxy, are you supposed to edit the name of both the Heimdall.subdomain conf file and the Heimdall.subfolder conf file (in the swag sample files)?  Basically where you take the .sample off the end?  If so, is there anything else besides the name that needs to be changed in either of those files?

You might be better off not posting the same issue in multiple threads. It's hard to follow what has been done.

You only enable one of the reverse proxy configs depending on if you want to do subdomain or subfolder. There are instructions if you have to do something to do proxy conf or not.

You can easily check if this is a port forward error or reverse proxy by stopping one of the two containers and test what happens if you try to access your IP/domain from the outside.

3 hours ago, saarg said:

You might be better off not posting the same issue in multiple threads. It's hard to follow what has been done.

You only enable one of the reverse proxy configs depending on if you want to do subdomain or subfolder. There are instructions if you have to do something to do proxy conf or not.

You can easily check if this is a port forward error or reverse proxy by stopping one of the two containers and test what happens if you try to access your IP/domain from the outside.

With the subdomain vs subfolder config, I suppose I dont understand the difference and why/when I would use one or the other. All the other apps in the reverse proxy used a subfolder....but since Heimdall is actually a subdomain webpage I access at server.mydomain.com does that mean I should have only used the subdomain configs? 

I'll do the 'stopping each container' test in just a little while and report back.

You are correct about two threads, I suppose being support threads, when I had a question more SWAG related I thought I should post it there....since they are app specific supports threads I was trying to keep them on topic of their specific app, not being sure which app is causing the issue. But your correct....definitely not the best way to troubleshoot a issue.

Edited by SPOautos
4 hours ago, SPOautos said:

With the subdomain vs subfolder config, I suppose I dont understand the difference and why/when I would use one or the other. All the other apps in the reverse proxy used a subfolder....but since Heimdall is actually a subdomain webpage I access at server.mydomain.com does that mean I should have only used the subdomain configs? 

I'll do the 'stopping each container' test in just a little while and report back.

You are correct about two threads, I suppose being support threads, when I had a question more SWAG related I thought I should post it there....since they are app specific supports threads I was trying to keep them on topic of their specific app, not being sure which app is causing the issue. But your correct....definitely not the best way to troubleshoot a issue.

Why have you created subdomains in the swag container if you use subfolder?

You only activate one of the configs, not both.

2 hours ago, saarg said:

Why have you created subdomains in the swag container if you use subfolder?

You only activate one of the configs, not both.

I believe I had to activate the subdomain file in order to change the domain from heimdall.mydomain.com to server.mydomain.com 

However, since I used the subdomain file, should I switch the subfolder file back to only being a sample file?

Just to check it....I removed the subfolder file and kept only the subdomain file. It pulls up fine at my url server.myurl.com, however when I type in my router ip address it does something odd....it no longer shows my Heimdall page but it shows this page and I still dont think this should be coming up when I type in my routers internet ip (over cellular).....

1307680033_heimdallwithinternetip.thumb.jpg.5ccc95ed840b5dd52862e916c5d17f93.jpg

I'll try to flip it and rename the subfile and not have the subdomain, but I cant right now, I'll have to do it later tonight. I dont know enough about things like this to just 'know' what these things do, I just have to try it both ways and see what happens.

Edited by SPOautos
4 hours ago, SPOautos said:

I believe I had to activate the subdomain file in order to change the domain from heimdall.mydomain.com to server.mydomain.com 

However, since I used the subdomain file, should I switch the subfolder file back to only being a sample file?

Just to check it....I removed the subfolder file and kept only the subdomain file. It pulls up fine at my url server.myurl.com, however when I type in my router ip address it does something odd....it no longer shows my Heimdall page but it shows this page and I still dont think this should be coming up when I type in my routers internet ip (over cellular).....

1307680033_heimdallwithinternetip.thumb.jpg.5ccc95ed840b5dd52862e916c5d17f93.jpg

I'll try to flip it and rename the subfile and not have the subdomain, but I cant right now, I'll have to do it later tonight. I dont know enough about things like this to just 'know' what these things do, I just have to try it both ways and see what happens.

You will get that page when you just use the IP as nginx, the webserver doesn't know what you want and serves the default landing page. Don't enable the subfolder again. That is probably what have caused all this.

Regarding the subdomains, I didn't mean the server one, but all the others you made. No point if you use subfolder for those apps.

• 2 months later...

Hey all, having an odd issue where Radarr is being reported as having 1 item in the queue, however my queue in Radarr is empty and all missing movies are currently unrelased still. 

This has been going on for a few days now, can't figure out what is still stuck in the queue anywhere? 

Screenshots below.

Thanks in advance!

image.png.642c3bf271c96461b4edd27d9ada7a57.png

image.png.81f7c44bf734570a8afbc1bc9b1557e1.png

image.thumb.png.0675aed7255c2520f7b5493c9c1bef1f.png

2 hours ago, frankie666 said:

Hi, is there a way to launch/connect to a VM with heimdall ? thx

It's just a fancy bookmark tool, so don't think you would be able to launch a VM. You might be able to connect to it if it'susing VNC that you can use in a browser.

Heimdall working using reverse proxy

Ryzen 9 Crosshair VIII hero

Unraid version 6.8.3

Swag & Heimdall version installed Dec 19/20

PHP version 7.1

Yesterday at work, Heimdall started unpinning apps.  I would pin them back and then hours later they were unpinned again.  I found several post addressing the issue dated 2018.  One solution I found was adding the following location to nginx:

location /items {

}

Heimdall stopped working altogether.  How can I stop Heimdall from unpinning apps?

On 1/2/2021 at 7:38 PM, CorneliousJD said:

Hey all, having an odd issue where Radarr is being reported as having 1 item in the queue, however my queue in Radarr is empty and all missing movies are currently unrelased still. 

This has been going on for a few days now, can't figure out what is still stuck in the queue anywhere? 

Screenshots below.

Thanks in advance!

image.png.642c3bf271c96461b4edd27d9ada7a57.png

image.png.81f7c44bf734570a8afbc1bc9b1557e1.png

image.thumb.png.0675aed7255c2520f7b5493c9c1bef1f.png

Still having this same issue and I cannot, for the life of me track down what's wrong. Anyone have any advice before I blow away the Radarr container and re-import my library from scratch? 

copy/paste of my update in rdarr thread.

So this did end up being a Radarr issue after all 

Adding info here incase it helps someone later.

The API command I ran and dumped to a text file helped me find it.

curl -X GET "https://localhost:7878/api/v3/movie" -H "accept: application/json" (also added API key for auth that I removed here)

I then looked for "hasFile": false to find what movies were missing, and found one that wasn't in the GUI under missing and just removed it from Radarr entirely for now to prevent the issue.

Queue issue was an "unkonwn movie" which you can show in UI via options toggle in top right corner. Somehow missed that. Used a separate API command to find that an unkown movie was in queue but this part was findable/fixable via UI in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest version gives me following error

ErrorException thrown with message "Trying to access array offset on value of type int"

Stacktrace:
#24 ErrorException in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/symfony/console/Input/ArrayInput.php:135
#23 Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\HandleExceptions:handleError in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/symfony/console/Input/ArrayInput.php:135
#22 Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArrayInput:parse in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/symfony/console/Input/Input.php:55
#21 Symfony\Component\Console\Input\Input:bind in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:208
#20 Symfony\Component\Console\Application:doRun in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:149
#19 Symfony\Component\Console\Application:run in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Application.php:89
#18 Illuminate\Console\Application:run in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Application.php:188
#17 Illuminate\Console\Application:call in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Console/Kernel.php:250
#16 Illuminate\Foundation\Console\Kernel:call in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Support/Facades/Facade.php:237
#15 Illuminate\Support\Facades\Facade:__callStatic in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/app/Providers/AppServiceProvider.php:52
#14 App\Providers\AppServiceProvider:boot in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php:29
#13 call_user_func_array in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php:29
#12 Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod:Illuminate\Container\{closure} in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php:87
#11 Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod:callBoundMethod in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php:31
#10 Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod:call in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php:572
#9 Illuminate\Container\Container:call in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php:819
#8 Illuminate\Foundation\Application:bootProvider in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php:802
#7 Illuminate\Foundation\Application:Illuminate\Foundation\{closure} in [internal]:0
#6 array_walk in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php:803
#5 Illuminate\Foundation\Application:boot in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Bootstrap/BootProviders.php:17
#4 Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\BootProviders:bootstrap in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php:211
#3 Illuminate\Foundation\Application:bootstrapWith in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php:162
#2 Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel:bootstrap in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php:146
#1 Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel:sendRequestThroughRouter in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php:116
#0 Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel:handle in /var/www/localhost/heimdall/public/index.php:55

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

In ArrayInput.php line 135:
Trying to access array offset on value of type int

Also getting this error looping constantly in the logs.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I'm using Heimdall as my browsers start page inside my LAN (unraid server is not open to the outside) and find it very convinient. I'd like to add one or two website bookmarks though (let's say forums.unraid.net for example) but that doesn't seem to work? Does Heimdall only give you the option to add links to your unraid hosted apps or is adding external weblinks also possible and I'm just doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.