Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Heimdall

130 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Same for me with Tautulli.  I have copied the API key, enabled the config, tried both the docker IP address and LAN IP address, but,  clicking test does absolutely nothing.  Am I missing something?

 

 

Tautulli.png

That url looks like an internal docker network ip. Are you sure it's still accurate? They are dynamic and can change

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, aptalca said:

That url looks like an internal docker network ip. Are you sure it's still accurate? They are dynamic and can change

It is.  The Heimdall blog in which enhanced apps were discussed mentioned that the internal docker IP may work if the LAN IP does not.  My screenshot was taken after trying that but neither worked.  The current internal docker IP is something different and that does not work either.

 

I also tried leaving the bottom URL blank, also no joy.

Edited by Hoopster

Share this post


Link to post
I am unable to edit my application list.  Any idea why? 
Connecting directly or through reverse proxy? Reverse proxy editing used to fail for me, haven't tested in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gog said:

Connecting directly or through reverse proxy? Reverse proxy editing used to fail for me, haven't tested in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
 

I'm directly connecting.  What is weird is there are no options on the page to edit the existing applications.

Share this post


Link to post
I'm directly connecting.  What is weird is there are no options on the page to edit the existing applications.
Try the list mode button on the bottom right. From there you can edit entries and there is an add button top right.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Gog said:

Try the list mode button on the bottom right. From there you can edit entries and there is an add button top right.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
 

Here is my issue.  I'm not seeing any buttons to edit existing entries.  This is what I'm seeing - https://imgur.com/VqetP7U

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Gog said:

I see them in your screenshot emoji13.png

Extreme bottom right in the blue field

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
 

I hope I'm not being an idiot.  :)

 

I hit the "list" button on the far bottom right and landed on the page showing all my entries.  Once there, I am not seeing an option to edit any of the existing  entries.

Share this post


Link to post
I hope I'm not being an idiot. 
 
I hit the "list" button on the far bottom right and landed on the page showing all my entries.  Once there, I am not seeing an option to edit any of the existing  entries.
Dammit, I told tapatalk to delete my last post when I realized that I was the blind one. I was a passenger In a car when I took the first look at your screenshot, things were moving a bit too much.

In my setup, in the white section, there is an edit button at the end of each line.

Maybe stupid but can you try on a wider screen?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Gog said:

Dammit, I told tapatalk to delete my last post when I realized that I was the blind one. I was a passenger In a car when I took the first look at your screenshot, things were moving a bit too much.

In my setup, in the white section, there is an edit button at the end of each line.

Maybe stupid but can you try on a wider screen?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
 

No, nothing there.  I just blew the config away and I'm starting over. 

 

Once I started with a clean container, I now see the option to edit my entries.  Weird.

 

Thank you for all your help!  :)

Share this post


Link to post

The latest Heimdall docker update totally borked my install. I could not start, stop or remove it. I had to go into advanced view and found two orphan images that, once removed, allowed me to delete Heimdall appdata and reinstall from scratch. I am in the process of reconfiguring everything now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

@Hoopster first report we've heard of this. I've just updated my container and it's worked fine. If you have backups, I believe you can just restore the sqlite db file.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, j0nnymoe said:

@Hoopster first report we've heard of this. I've just updated my container and it's worked fine. If you have backups, I believe you can just restore the sqlite db file.

I figured my case was an anomaly and certainly not the norm.  It has been a very long time since any docker update failed, but, for some reason, this time the Heimdall docker update failed to complete successfully and left me with an non-functional application.  There were a couple of other dockers that updated at the same time without issue.

 

I backup appdata regularly through CA Backup and I could have just tried to restore, but Heimdall was so messed up I opted for a complete and clean reinstall.  No enhanced apps were functional anyway, so, I thought I would start over completely and see if that made a difference.  It appears that, as noted earlier by @sempervirens, enhanced apps may not work properly on unRAID.

 

No big deal, I am up and running again with Heimdall configured as before.

Share this post


Link to post

@MrMoosieMan, your vCenter URL is the reason for that. The page only wraps lines on certain characters it seems, so if you have a long URL there's a good chance that there will be a sequence in it without those characters (dashes for sure, and forward slashes from the looks of it in your case) that is long enough to push the edit and delete buttons out of sight.

 

To fix it without going nuclear: view the source in your web browser and you'll find that the edit link is in there. click it and then either shorten the url or delete it.

Share this post


Link to post

This might be a silly question, but is there a way to make Heimdall if accessed via reverse proxy, to point to subdomain.mydomain.com but when Heimdall is accessed via LAN, make it point to their respective IP:ports?

Example :

 

1) Heimdall has a link to Radarr. If accessed via https://hemdall.mydomain.com and then Radarr is accessed, it redirects to https://radarr.mydomain.com

2) Heimdall has a link to Radarr. If accessed via http://192.168.1.123:9999 and then Radarr is accessed, it redirects to http://192.168.1.123:9998 (Radarr)

 

Alternatively, is there a way if accessed via my domain.com, to make it not ask for the htpasswd if it comes from the same LAN? 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, teh0wner said:

This might be a silly question, but is there a way to make Heimdall if accessed via reverse proxy, to point to subdomain.mydomain.com but when Heimdall is accessed via LAN, make it point to their respective IP:ports?

Example :

 

1) Heimdall has a link to Radarr. If accessed via https://hemdall.mydomain.com and then Radarr is accessed, it redirects to https://radarr.mydomain.com

2) Heimdall has a link to Radarr. If accessed via http://192.168.1.123:9999 and then Radarr is accessed, it redirects to http://192.168.1.123:9998 (Radarr)

 

Alternatively, is there a way if accessed via my domain.com, to make it not ask for the htpasswd if it comes from the same LAN? 

 

Thanks

 

For your first question, you can use the dns resolver if you are running pfsense. If not, you have to check if your router supports something similar. 

For the second question, it seems like you got something setup wrong. But I don't know radarr or Heimdall good enough to be of much help. But check for typos. 

Share this post


Link to post

Trying to reverse proxy heimdall using duckdns. Can anyone that has set it up please share their config?

1) In Heimdall, i have http set to 8888, https to 4333

2) I have letsencrypt domain w/ coffee.duckdns.org, with subdomain "home", so would like to have it as home.coffee.duckdns.org

3) I have nextcloud as nextcloud.coffee.duckdns.org, which works great. Would I have to change the letsencrypt domain to duckdns.org and place coffee in the subdomain and create a separate coffeehome subdomain or does that not matter?

 

In my letsencrypt default.conf, I have in it the following, which CHBMB wrote down in page 2:

Quote

server {
  listen 80;
  server_name home.coffee.duckdns.org;
  return 301 https://$server_name$request_uri;
}

 

server {
  listen 443 ssl;
  server_name home.coffee.duckdns.org;
  include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
  
  location / {
    proxy_pass https://192.168.0.100:4333;
    include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    satisfy any;
    allow 192.168.0.0/24;
    deny all;
      auth_basic "Restricted";
    auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
  }
}

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Is there a way to share username/passwords set-up in Heimdall with other apps like Sonarr and Radarr instead of having to rely on .htpasswd?

The issue right now I need a password for heimdall, and then another u/p on redirect for the linked apps.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, nuhll said:

Did they finally add a way to display RSS feeds with this?

Might help to up your game, buddy and ask nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cessquill said:

Might help to up your game, buddy and ask nicely.

As it came out i even added a feature request for it, anyway, i just wanted to ask if its added or not (i coulnd find it). 

Share this post


Link to post

I seem to have some problem after i reinstalled Heimdall.

first time worked fine, but now i cant access it.

I specify to use port 8008 and 8009 but it wants to bind to port 80 and 443. 

i have the network setting to host.

switching it to bridge does not give the same problem, but still cant access the page.

 

Have someone else the same problem? 

Edited by Armada64

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.