Parasitic Drive Writes

Does anyone have any idea if unRAID 6.4 could suffer from parasitic drive writing bug?

For example, I have some drives in my array that I rarely ever write to.  The remaining capacity on one had been 204 GB for over a year.  Then I switched to unRAID 6.4 a week ago.  Now I consistently see these small writes to the drive, 4 MB here, 4 MB there  The free capacity on the drive is down to 196 GB now (so 8 GB of data written to it in a week, since switching to 6.4).  However, there are no new folders, and no new files on the drive.

This seems to be occurring on every drive, and not just one.  I cleared the stats on my drives, and over night, every drive showed at east 80MB of writes, with some showing more.  I rebooting about an hour ago.  Every drive created at 4 MB of writes immediately upon the reboot, with some as high as 18 MB.  Since then, the drives showing 4 MB of writes are now showing 16 MB of writes (the highest showing 41 MB), yet I have made sure that not a single thing was written to unRAID during that one hour period.

What could this be?  Is unRAID somehow using some sort of disk caching now to run the OS?  All my drives just seem to be loosing storage space while just sitting, with no new files being added?  In my 8 years with unRAID, I have never noticed this behavior, but it seems to be constantly occurring after a switch to 6.4.

Any ideas?  What could cause this behavior?

I should add  that I have added some plugins that I didn't use before.  Could any of them be consuming drive space, without adding a file to the directories.

Community Applications

Dynamix Cache Directories

Dynamix SSD Trim

Fix Common Problems

Statistics

Docker is disabled.

I just reset statistics, so I will see what happens in the next hour.

Edited by KYThrill
I should add  that I have added some plugins that I didn't use before.  Could any of them be consuming drive space, without adding a file to the directories.

Community Applications
Dynamix Cache Directories
Dynamix SSD Trim
Fix Common Problems
Statistics

Docker is disabled.

I just reset statistics, so I will see what happens in the next hour.
Fix common problems whenever it does a scan will write, read, and then delete a 20 byte file in the root of every spinning disk as part of its tests.

Well, my unRAID apparently decided to make a liar out of me.  After clearing the statistics yesterday, and having it sit for over 24 hours with no writes (at least that I initiated), all the drives still read 0 writes, except for one 4TB, which shows 36 MB of writes.  It also shows 22 MB of reads, which is odd, because there is no file on that drive smaller than 1 GB.  So it wasn't a file transfer.

I'm preclearing a disk, but as soon as that is done, I'm going to do a parity check just to see if it says anything.