NVIDIA Installer failed

Parigot

I'm running a Windows 10 Pro (not activated yet) VM with a GTX960 passed-through.

The card is recognized by Windows and I was able to play a game without problem.

I did try to install the latest NVIDIA drivers using the NVIDIA installer and by updating the driver in system devices but both are unable to install it and said installation failed.

I attached a screenshot of it.

I can't figure out what is causing the install to fail.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 7.30.08 PM.png

Using Unraid 6.3.5

Getting code 28 in device manager. Wondering if it's not because my Windows is not up to date since I didn't activate it yet...

Here are the 2 events showing up once the driver installation fails:

Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service nvlddmkm for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_29663842&REV_A1\3&13C0B0C5&0&28 with the following status: 0.

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5601d21ccd639df9\nv_dispi.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_29663842&REV_A1\3&13C0B0C5&0&28 with the following status: 0x0.

2 hours ago, nox_uk said:

I would not think lack of activation is the issue.

Have you tried dumping the card BIOS and passing that through? (it's actually really easy, just sounds bad!)

youtube search for 'spaceinvader one' and follow his guide (clearest one I found)

I was referring to the fact that I didn't do the Windows update since it is not activated.

I'll check the video from SpaceInvader definitely.

Thanks