Network problems, Unraid blocking ports

Humi

Can anyone help me with this? 

I'm trying to get the Plex server running.

It's like Unraid is blocking all ports. I've tried the following things:

Router with port forward + Switch

Router with port forward

No router and no switch

I got a Dell Poweredge R710 and it's the same with everything I try. 

If I do it with my other computer it works fine, no problems at all.

What can I do? :(

I would suggest that you post up your diagnostics file.  From the GUI,    Tools   >>>>   Diagnostics   

IF you don't have GUI access, log on the console, login and type    diagnostics    at the command line prompt. That will write the diagnostics file in the   logs   folder/directory on the flash drive.  

The upload the file with your next post. 

Your understanding of the network might be in error.

A typical user has a DSL/Cable/Fiber modem + router (may or may not be integrated with the modem device) + unRAID + other PCs/laptop/tablets/phone

if you claim that you only have a modem + unRAID - this means unRAID should be getting a public IP from ISP and be directly connected to the world (that's a really bad idea) - and you have PCs accessing unRAID internally - so your modem is a combo router 

So double check your modem/router settings for things like port forwarding so you can open the necessary ports.

You can mention your Fiber modem model so we can double check if what you think is correct or not.

Edited by ken-ji
1 hour ago, ken-ji said:

Your understanding of the network might be in error.

A typical user has a DSL/Cable/Fiber modem + router (may or may not be integrated with the modem device) + unRAID + other PCs/laptop/tablets/phone

if you claim that you only have a modem + unRAID - this means unRAID should be getting a public IP from ISP and be directly connected to the world (that's a really bad idea) - and you have PCs accessing unRAID internally - so your modem is a combo router 

So double check your modem/router settings for things like port forwarding so you can open the necessary ports.

You can mention your Fiber modem model so we can double check if what you think is correct or not.

I know that I'm correct, I got a pupblic IP on my server atm. So my problem is with unRAID and now with my ISP, Router, Modem, etc.

I do not connect to my server internally. 

Everything was working when I had Windows on my server.

16 minutes ago, 1812 said:

aaaaaaand that's how unintended pregnancies happen....

regardless, what did the port scan say?

Results from scan of ports:

0-1055

0 Ports Open

0 Ports Closed

1056 Ports Stealth

---------------------

1056 Ports Tested

Edited by Humi

This is using your other PC where things work? Cause you need to test a port which is being used by an app like Plex. (Don't have Plex so don't know the Port off hand)

Edit: windows blocks all ports by default unless you opened them in the fire wall settings.

Edited by ken-ji
18 minutes ago, ken-ji said:

This is using your other PC where things work? Cause you need to test a port which is being used by an app like Plex. (Don't have Plex so don't know the Port off hand)

Edit: windows blocks all ports by default unless you opened them in the fire wall settings.

port 32400 is default

19 hours ago, Humi said:

I know that I'm correct, I got a pupblic IP on my server atm. So my problem is with unRAID and now with my ISP, Router, Modem, etc.

I do not connect to my server internally. 

Everything was working when I had Windows on my server.

Windows includes a firewall by default doesn't it?  (Not sure what version you were using)  What you're doing is a bad idea.  I can only echo what others are trying to tell you.