Manjaro VM stuck at 1280X720 resolution with VNC video

iga

Hello everyone,

I've been using unraid for storage for quite a while and recently I started trying out VMs. I created a manjaro xfce vm and tried to remote access it via vnc, the GUI performance is not great but usable. however, the monitor resolution was stuck at 1280X720,  1280X768 is available but it is more like virtual screen if set it to that resolution. I tried vmvga and qxl for video driver and got the same result. I also tried manually set resolution to 1920X1080 in manjaro vm via xrandr but did not succeed.

tried noVnc and tightvnc/tigervnc viewer, same result. 

I can get higher resolution via installing vncserver or x2goserver on manjaro, but that is remote session and has limited privilege. As long as I connect as local desktop, I am stuck at 1280X720.

I also tried lxde live cd in vm and it seems got stuck at 1280X720 as well, although 1920X1080 is available to choose, but it did not change resolution if I set it. 

Is there any setting I missed? I want to have 1080p resolution for this vm to have practical purpose.

Unraid is up to 6.4.0 and here are some screenshots of my settings:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

manjaro-vm.png

manjaro-vnc.png

By changing it in the bios, do you mean changing resolution in the bios or changing the vm config to using ovmf instead of seaBios? If later, I cannot change it once the vm has been created and if create a new vm with ovmf, the installer won't boot to gui.

How to get into bios setting in seaBios mode?

1 hour ago, iga said:

How to get into bios setting in seaBios mode?

I don't believe you can in the normal way of accessing  bios to change settings in seabios. could be wrong, but i haven't tried.

you may be out of luck unless you can use another type of desktop sharing with that os, like  teamviewer or nomachine.