5400 vs 7200 rpm drives?

I currently have 8x Toshiba x300 6tb drives in my server. These are 7200 rpm, 128mb cache drives. I also have room to expand and add 3 more drives should I choose to. I keep seeing deals for the 8tb easy store WD external, that most say has the possibility of 256mb cache red drives in them. At worst I would end up with 128mb white. But all of these are 5400 rpm. My question is, if I decided to get a few of these, even if I ended up with the best case scenario and got the high end reds, would the 5400 rpm be a bottleneck for my system. Obviously I would be using them as my parity drives (dual) and one data drive, until swapping out later when the Toshibas start to die.

Those WD 8TB drive should have highest ~183MB/s and Toshiba 6TB drive are ~200MB/s, in fact I don't think this have big different in general use because unRAID wasn't a high performance system and network still 1 giga usually.

The main issue may be parity sync/check which change from 11hrs to 18 hrs (ideal case).

For me, my system have 6 bays for further expansion, so I won't go with 8TB drive this moment.

Edited by Benson