need help with RX Vega GPU pass-through (single GPU)

fae76

Auto, Gen1/2/3. I have set all the PCIe slots and internals to Gen2 in order to get rid of the PCIe Bus errors I mentioned above. This did not change GPU passthrough behaviour though. Of course I still have to track down where the PCIe Bus errors are coming from.

Edited by fae76

I have to update my findings.

19 hours ago, fae76 said:

Feb  5 20:36:56 RedStoneTower kernel: pcieport 0000:00:01.3: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, id=000b(Receiver ID)
Feb  5 20:36:56 RedStoneTower kernel: pcieport 0000:00:01.3:   device [1022:1453] error status/mask=00000040/00006000
Feb  5 20:36:56 RedStoneTower kernel: pcieport 0000:00:01.3:    [ 6] Bad TLP              
Feb  5 20:36:57 RedStoneTower kernel: pcieport 0000:00:01.3: AER: Corrected error received: id=0000

These error messages have nothing to do with my PCIe speed. As soon a I have array activity they get generated. This happens when copying a file to a share and as well during parity sync. To be honest this worries me quite a bit. Most probably I will open another topic for this issue.

EDIT: maybe they do: https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1022/1453 Now I am really confused...

I had one more Unraid crash today. Unfortunately this happened like 15min after booting and I did forget to activate syslogging to the USB drive therefore I have no logs. These crashes worry me too.Again, Win10 runs stable under AIDA's stability test for hours.

I installed the fix common problems plugin today. There were no findings except for the warings regarding auto-plugin and docker updates as well a suggestion to install Dynamix SSD Trim which I did.

No progress for GPU passthrough. so far.

Edited by fae76
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumping topic. 

I have a Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC 8G

I've dumped the BIOS using GPU-Z from Techpowerup site on Windows 10. None of the Gigabyte downloads work when trying to use GPU Passthrough. I attempted to use other manufacturer's BIOS but that resulted in Unraid crashing completely. 

I've had luck GPU passthrough with Sapphire RX 480, but not with Vega. Is anyone out there using this or a variant of this card? Doesn't help with Vega having limited releases. 

Any help or feedback would be nice. 

Thanks 

• 7 months later...

Has anyone been able to get their Vega 56 to work with a VM?

Having problems with it. GPU is being handed off to the VM but my screen just stays black. I dumped the BIOS as per the unraid manual, no luck unfortunately

Thanks 

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2019 at 3:45 AM, mb01 said:

Having problems with it. GPU is being handed off to the VM but my screen just stays black. I dumped the BIOS as per the unraid manual, no luck unfortunately

Thanks 

Same issue with Vega 64. Still yet to figure out a solution with the drivers. My screen just goes black once I install amd drivers. 

On 4/24/2018 at 1:58 PM, Osiris said:

Is there an update here? Is anyone able to passing through their RX vega card(s) to a windows 10 vm and able to install any AMD drivers?

On 2/28/2019 at 9:45 AM, mb01 said:

Yes, but the card doesn‘t work as expected 😞 all you can read in the corresponding topic.