Backspace moves forwards in 6.4

• 4 weeks later...

So, I totally have the same thing, but turns out it's when using screen, not when just SSH into the server... Screen version 4.04.00 (GNU) 19-Jun-16, installed via NerdPack plugin... after some digging I figured out it was the termcap, for some reason screen is starting and using the vt100 term, even with no changes made to PuTTY or anything else (other than upgrade to 6.4, still present in 6.4.1 btw), it's doing this now, despite TERM=xterm being present as a system variable prior to starting screen... The fix is simple, just add '-T xterm' to your screen start command (capital T is important), or add this alias to work around your habits: 

alias screen='/usr/bin/screen -T $TERM'

So, I totally have the same thing, but turns out it's when using screen, not when just SSH into the server... Screen version 4.04.00 (GNU) 19-Jun-16, installed via NerdPack plugin... after some digging I figured out it was the termcap, for some reason screen is starting and using the vt100 term, even with no changes made to PuTTY or anything else (other than upgrade to 6.4, still present in 6.4.1 btw), it's doing this now, despite TERM=xterm being present as a system variable prior to starting screen... The fix is simple, just add '-T xterm' to your screen start command (capital T is important), or add this alias to work around your habits: 

alias screen='/usr/bin/screen -T $TERM'

There is a different version of screen for 6.4. I have included a special screen terminfo for this exact problem. I have not tried putty but it works from my Linux laptop and phone using JuiceSSH

21 minutes ago, dmacias said:

There is a different version of screen for 6.4. I have included a special screen terminfo for this exact problem. I have not tried putty but it works from my Linux laptop and phone using JuiceSSH

I was having the same issues with screen recently. How do I update screen in nerdtools? Or is there some other process to install it?

I was having the same issues with screen recently. How do I update screen in nerdtools? Or is there some other process to install it?
Just check under the nerdpack settings and make sure screen is up to date. Should be screen-4.6.1s-x86_64-1.txz. I'll try putty when I get a chance. UnRAID doesn't include all the terminfo. I may need to add a separate one to screen for putty.
4 minutes ago, dmacias said:

Just check under the nerdpack settings and make sure screen is up to date. Should be screen-4.6.1s-x86_64-1.txz

After having just updated to 6.4.1 I hadn't updated my NerdPack, which was what led to missing the fact that there was this update, which has since fixed the issue... The 10 minutes of my life I could have had back from just updating everything first and then ssh in, rather than first ssh in, go crazy that it doesn't work, and fix that first...

Edit: Also, it works fine with PuTTY, thanks dmacias, no need for more work!

Edited by Kyrin
38 minutes ago, dmacias said:
47 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Just check under the nerdpack settings and make sure screen is up to date. Should be screen-4.6.1s-x86_64-1.txz. I'll try putty when I get a chance. UnRAID doesn't include all the terminfo. I may need to add a separate one to screen for putty.

Mine is showing that version but also shows that it is old and has an update ready. Tried updating but still shows “update ready”.

7BF07241-EF5A-4A0A-9A07-44471312F701.thumb.jpeg.d29f197ae34be336148aa65f5a37f315.jpeg

Must have something to do with using a mobile browser. I’m guessing its because I can't click the done button at the bottom of the popup window (not visible). I have to just wait until i think the update has probably finished and then close the window. Remoted into a desktop on my home network and used that browser and everything worked.

Regardless, it looks like updating fixed the screen issue (at least with the built in terminal).

• 1 year later...

This is the exact problem I have when I ssh into unraid from a screen session on another machine. I do not use or even have installed the screen version in nerdpack. Any idea how to fix this for unraid in general?

Just type the following in the terminal to fix it. "export TERM=xterm"

Edited by xamindar