[Support] Djoss - FileBot

Support for FileBot docker container

Application Name: FileBot
Application Site: http://www.filebot.net/

This container is based on Alpine Linux (meaning that its size is very small), has a very nice, mobile-friendly web UI to access FileBot's graphical interface and is actively supported!

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

In the Current FileBot Container I'm using it has a file and you can customize which will give you an output of your folder/file when you run it via command line. Does this container support such as thing?

I like to do a lot of things via command line or automated and this is a rather important feature for me. 

2 hours ago, kizer said:

In the Current FileBot Container I'm using it has a file and you can customize which will give you an output of your folder/file when you run it via command line. Does this container support such as thing?

I like to do a lot of things via command line or automated and this is a rather important feature for me. 

The cli version of Filebot (/usr/bin/filebot.sh) can be used via the "docker exec" command or via the container's shell.  Is it what you want?

Yes. I use currently and I just tweak the filebot.sh file and Its been pretty handy because I'm rather picky on my folder/file formats. 

As well tweaking the filebot.conf file for how often it auto runs is pretty nice too. I restart the docker and it checks every few minutes or whatever I tweak it to be.

I haven't tried yours yet, but I can honestly say I've used many of your dockers because I like how light and efficient they are. Plus I really appreciate the fact that you are willing to tweak to make things work for us all. :)

14 hours ago, kizer said:

Yes. I use currently and I just tweak the filebot.sh file and Its been pretty handy because I'm rather picky on my folder/file formats. 

As well tweaking the filebot.conf file for how often it auto runs is pretty nice too. I restart the docker and it checks every few minutes or whatever I tweak it to be.

I haven't tried yours yet, but I can honestly say I've used many of your dockers because I like how light and efficient they are. Plus I really appreciate the fact that you are willing to tweak to make things work for us all. :)

I guess you are using the Filebot's AMC script?  So all we need is a shell script (that can be customised) called automatically when new files are detected in a watch folder?

Exactly what I'm using. Believe me when I say this. I tried and tried and tried to love FileBot over the years, but I could never get it to work and constantly used other things and once I stumbled on that script and a couple hours of patience things started working the way I needed them. Ok now we have something here. :x

Sent you a PM with a bit more explanation. 

I am trying to use the docker but it is using the incorrect port.  I want it to have its own IP address so I am using network type br0 and an IP address of 192.168.1.239.  I have changed the web GUI port to 80, but the container seems to insist on using port 5800 on my specified IP of 192.168.1.239.  I don't know where it got 5800 from as I don't see that port specified anywhere in the Docker settings.

54 minutes ago, wayner said:

I am trying to use the docker but it is using the incorrect port.  I want it to have its own IP address so I am using network type br0 and an IP address of 192.168.1.239.  I have changed the web GUI port to 80, but the container seems to insist on using port 5800 on my specified IP of 192.168.1.239.  I don't know where it got 5800 from as I don't see that port specified anywhere in the Docker settings.

Port 5800 is what the container uses internally and is not something configurable.  When using a "bridge" network mode, this port can be re-mapped to anything else.

Any reason you need a dedicated IP address and have it running on port 80?

I would prefer being able to use different IPs for dockers and stick with standard ports.  IMHO it is easier to remember IP addresses then ports - so then you can just change the IP number and leave the port at 80 for web UIs.  And you could even set up a hosts file to make things even easier. 

However it appears that things don't work the way that I want them to and that you can't configure the "docker side port" or however you call that.

2 hours ago, wayner said:

I would prefer being able to use different IPs for dockers and stick with standard ports.  IMHO it is easier to remember IP addresses then ports - so then you can just change the IP number and leave the port at 80 for web UIs.  And you could even set up a hosts file to make things even easier. 

However it appears that things don't work the way that I want them to and that you can't configure the "docker side port" or however you call that.

To avoid remembering IPs and/or ports, you could look at Organizr (https://organizr.us/).  It's available in community apps.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, dent1337 said:

Hello and thanks for a fantastic docker. I recently downloaded it, and i really like how user friendly it is. Renaming the MKV and SRT files inside a folder works fantastic. But is it any way to rename the folder to the same name as the MKV?

I think the way to go is to include the folder in your filename format.  See https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=829#p5289

• Like 1

im with kizer on this one. is there a way to have it run headless on start up with the AMC script to watch for input and output folders plus still have the option to open the webui if needed at the same time? coppit's version runs great for headless operations but his webgui running on Guacamole isn't ideal for me. after a while the x11 session gets locked up. i like what you did to the webgui. it runs smoother and faster when parsing the media information. i noticed the was a option in the startapp.sh for headless operations.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

im with kizer on this one. is there a way to have it run headless on start up with the AMC script to watch for input and output folders plus still have the option to open the webui if needed at the same time? coppit's version runs great for headless operations but his webgui running on Guacamole isn't ideal for me. after a while the x11 session gets locked up. i like what you did to the webgui. it runs smoother and faster when parsing the media information. i noticed the was a option in the startapp.sh for headless operations.

Yes it's definitely possible to have a "watch" folder and I'm planning to do it.  I'm just not sure yet what is the best way: simply call a user-defined script periodically (where the user will have the ability to call the AMC script) or have something more targeted toward the AMC script (where its behaviour is configurable via container settings (environment variables)).

• Like 1
On 4/18/2018 at 5:35 PM, Djoss said:

Yes it's definitely possible to have a "watch" folder and I'm planning to do it.  I'm just not sure yet what is the best way: simply call a user-defined script periodically (where the user will have the ability to call the AMC script) or have something more targeted toward the AMC script (where its behaviour is configurable via container settings (environment variables)).

in my experience, you would be better off using user-defined script calling the AMC script and set the user-defined script configurable via containers. if they want to change the syntax of AMC script it can be done via shell or make it accessible via folder for changes with editors like notepad++. rednoah has the AMC script well documented on the filebot forums on change the syntax. this would make it easier for you to maintain and troubleshoot. but either way i look forward to the implementation change. i only need the the webui for the wife. lol!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Meller said:

Any idea why it would do this (see attached picture).

It happens after I click auto detect.  I can move the box around and max/min it, but I can't close it and it just sits at the screen until I restart the whole docker. 

fb.png

Tried on my side and I don't have this issue with the autodetect feature.  Do you have anything in the container's log?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

There are a ton of these warnings for the most recent show I tried that it didn't work on

Failed to read audio language: Failed to open media file:

Files definitely work, as I nagivated to them and tested them.  They are dual audio files.. all 900 of them and half of them it had no warning, and the other half it kicked out that warning.  So idk.

Edited by Meller