[Support] Djoss - FileBot

No, I mean the files work.  i can play them in multiple players.  So when it kicks out the error "Failed to read audio language: Failed to open file, I can still open the files. 

I can do an entire show, and the next show gives me errors.  Or I can do Season 1 of said show,  but then Season 2 gives me the error and gray box.

Sorry for the confusion.

18 hours ago, Meller said:

No, I mean the files work.  i can play them in multiple players.  So when it kicks out the error "Failed to read audio language: Failed to open file, I can still open the files. 

I can do an entire show, and the next show gives me errors.  Or I can do Season 1 of said show,  but then Season 2 gives me the error and gray box.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry it's me that it's not clear :).  What I meant is if FileBot gives you the error and gray box on a show, does restarting the container and re-run it on the same show produce the same error again?

10 hours ago, Meller said:

Ah ok, same page now.

No.  Let's say Saturday Night Live Season 30 doesn't work.  If I restart the docker, it will do the exact same thing for Season 30.

So if I understand correctly the FileBot issue doesn't occur systematically on the same files.

Do you have access to another Linux system where you could try to reproduce using the native application?

Let me set it up and figure out how to get it on Fedora.  I'm very, very new to Linux. 

Thanks for the replies by the way. I do appreciate your help.  Even if we find out it's not filebot it's self... I'm just glad to be figuring out how to troubleshoot it.

On 5/26/2018 at 10:10 PM, Meller said:

So I didn't get it on my Fedora set up, but I went a head and just bought it on Windows 10.  Works flawless for everything that the docker couldn't.

Yeah the paid version is for sure the most up-to-date.  Unfortunately, the free Linux version (that the docker container uses) halted at version 4.7.9 and is no longer developed/maintained.

• 1 month later...

I am also experiencing the grey box issue, mine is 100% of the time as of today. I am not able to rename anything, regardless of source (tvdb, tvmaze, etc) and to get rid of the grey box requires a restart of the app. I have reinstalled the app and the issue remains. Any ideas? Thanks in advance 

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 9.20.27 AM.png

On 7/21/2018 at 10:29 AM, Kyle said:

I am also experiencing the grey box issue, mine is 100% of the time as of today. I am not able to rename anything, regardless of source (tvdb, tvmaze, etc) and to get rid of the grey box requires a restart of the app. I have reinstalled the app and the issue remains. Any ideas? Thanks in advance 

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 9.20.27 AM.png

So even after restarting the container you get the same problem?

On 7/23/2018 at 4:28 AM, Djoss said:

So even after restarting the container you get the same problem?

Some, yes. Seems to happen completely randomly for periods of time. I don't seem to be able to replicate it with any consistency. I realize that isn't helpful at all lol

23 hours ago, Kyle said:

Some, yes. Seems to happen completely randomly for periods of time. I don't seem to be able to replicate it with any consistency. I realize that isn't helpful at all lol

Yeah this kind of issue is not easy to investigate... You may try to clean the config directory, keeping only your preference file "prefs.properties".

56 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Super Super awesome. Seems it's likely going to require we buy a license to get all the features. But I am more than happy to do that ($6 a year), same as I did with MakeMKV, just to support the Dev's on these great apps.

Yes, license will be required.  Fortunately 6$ / year is not expensive and there is always the option to keep the actual (free) version for people that doesn't want to buy it.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Will your popup come on every start? Can we modify startapp.sh to add another check that if a license.pem exists it does not execute the license warning?

Pop-up will show only once when upgrading.  On a new install you won’t see it.