[Support] Djoss - FileBot

im running into the problem that i dont seem to have any write permissions in the /watch folder so i sadly can not test if my AMC script is working as intended.

Also i had a strange thing happen when i used the GUI to change some names.

I set it up to sort the files into some folders and when it ran this on a different share which does not have this folder structure yet it did create it but on a share level.

So i have a share for TV Series which cache disabled and a downloads share that is cache only, when i ran my renaming i suddenly had the TV series structure on my cache drive and had to set it to cache yes and run mover to have the files moved of the drive.

I guess this is something with my settings but if i could get the AMC to run and have permissions on this folder this should be no problem.

So the important question why do i have no permissions on the/watch folder and how do i fix that?

10 hours ago, Pixel5 said:

im running into the problem that i dont seem to have any write permissions in the /watch folder so i sadly can not test if my AMC script is working as intended.

So the important question why do i have no permissions on the/watch folder and how do i fix that?

Did you try with the "privileged" switched on ? (in the settings of the filebot docker)

17 minutes ago, pee_bear said:

Did you try with the "privileged" switched on ? (in the settings of the filebot docker)

yes but that didnt change anything sadly.

The container seems to have no problems with this folders its just that my own user is not allowed to write to them.

Edit: i think i have solved this now.
i created the folders manually with my own user before starting the container so now my own user is allowed to write to them and the container is as well.

previously the folders were created by the container itself and that didnt work out too well.

Edited by Pixel5
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Plimmer said:

I would love it if someone would explain this a little more. I have tried for two night to make it work and I dont understand what is meant by that post.

may post your layout how you want to move, from -> to ...

in the end its simple, from docker point of view we need to stay on the same "mountpoint" to really move, so i suggested to use /storage (docker point of view) as /mnt/user

then u have a input/output which bot start with /storage/.... so we are for the docker point of view in the same mountpoint.

leave a note where you struggle and pretty sure someone will give you a suggestion, also to check yourself there where some hints from @Djoss which poinzed me in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Andiroo2 said:

Is there a way to not use the amc-exclude-list.txt file?  I'd like file to re-process even if they have been processed before.

appdata folder, remove file or edit it (remove entries), restart docker, sure thre is a trigger to force a rename again, just dont know it now, but filebot has a active dev who is helpful (forum, discord, ...)

19 minutes ago, Djoss said:

If the goal is to re-process the files once, the method proposed by @alturismo is good.

However, if the goal is to never use the exclude file, then this is currently not possible : the "--def excludeList" is always given to the AMC script.

OK, I can script something that will clean out that file regularly...thanks!

Is it just me or does the /watch folder not respect the exclude list if you define one?

my /watch folder is full of stuff from a previous virtual machine setup where it shared to the vm via smb.

I have edited the exclude list I was previously using and updated the paths to match and it's still attempting to extract/process all the various archives.

6 hours ago, ikkuranus said:

Is it just me or does the /watch folder not respect the exclude list if you define one?

my /watch folder is full of stuff from a previous virtual machine setup where it shared to the vm via smb.

I have edited the exclude list I was previously using and updated the paths to match and it's still attempting to extract/process all the various archives.

Are you taking about /mnt/user/appdata/FileBot/amc-exlude-list.txt ?

I assume the path you entered are from the container point of view ?

22 hours ago, Djoss said:

Are you taking about /mnt/user/appdata/FileBot/amc-exlude-list.txt ?

I assume the path you entered are from the container point of view ?

Nevermind. It turns out I had a few things from my last setup that normally wouldn't be processed at all by filebot and they didn't get put into the exclude list.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a new problem with FileBot container after about a year. 

My license expired, and I had to purchase a new one. I deleted the old license file, added the new one and restarted. This coincided with some new files appearing in the watch folder.

These are the messages I'm getting:

[services.d] starting app...
[app] starting FileBot...
[services.d] done.
FileBot 4.9.2 (r8046) JDK8
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.08.1
Tools: fpcalc/1.4.3 p7zip/16.02 unrar/5.61
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2020-12-01 (r724)
Groovy: 3.0.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.8.0_252
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 15 GB Max Memory / 57 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux e864e39620e0 4.19.107-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Mar 5 13:55:57 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
CPU/MEM: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz [MemTotal: 67 GB | MemFree: 63 GB | MemAvailable: 64 GB]
STORAGE: btrfs [/] @ 314 GB | fuse.shfs [/watch] @ 4.6 TB | fuse.shfs [/output] @ 4.6 TB | fuse.shfs [/config] @ 4.6 TB | fuse.shfs [/storage] @ 4.6 TB
DATA: /config
Package: DOCKER
License: UNREGISTERED

(process:963): dconf-CRITICAL **: 16:17:05.829: unable to create file '/tmp/run/user/app/dconf/user': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.

The last line is spammed 8 - 10 times.

I assumed a permissions issue.... so I chmod'd everything in appdata/FileBot to 777 to test, but there is no change in the symptoms. I've also reinstalled the docker with no change.

Has anyone seen this issue arise when adding a new license file? I assume I've borked the ownership or premissions somehow.

Thanks.

Edited by FlexGunship
4 hours ago, FlexGunship said:

I'm having a new problem with FileBot container after about a year. 

My license expired, and I had to purchase a new one. I deleted the old license file, added the new one and restarted. This coincided with some new files appearing in the watch folder.

These are the messages I'm getting:

The last line is spammed 8 - 10 times.

I assumed a permissions issue.... so I chmod'd everything in appdata/FileBot to 777 to test, but there is no change in the symptoms. I've also reinstalled the docker with no change.

Has anyone seen this issue arise when adding a new license file? I assume I've borked the ownership or premissions somehow.

Thanks.

i updated few weeks ago my license and it worked like a charm, renamed the "old" one, placed the new one, restarted, done

image.png.350ffc2b8e05db23a8aa1ec9ac916192.png

12 hours ago, Andiroo2 said:

Did you try to manually match a file in the WebUI yet?  That’s where I was prompted to select the license file when I moved from Windows Filebot to Docker. 

9 hours ago, alturismo said:

i updated few weeks ago my license and it worked like a charm, renamed the "old" one, placed the new one, restarted, done

image.png.350ffc2b8e05db23a8aa1ec9ac916192.png

Okay, I resolved the license issue after fixing an xfs filesystem problem on one of the disks (miracle of miracles). You can see below that the license is now recognized.

However, I still get the error message spam indicating an issue with file permissions:

FileBot 4.9.2 (r8046) JDK8
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.08.1
Tools: fpcalc/1.4.3 p7zip/16.02 unrar/5.61
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2020-12-01 (r724)
Groovy: 3.0.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.8.0_252
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 15 GB Max Memory / 57 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux 6b4207f600d8 4.19.107-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Mar 5 13:55:57 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
CPU/MEM: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz [MemTotal: 67 GB | MemFree: 64 GB | MemAvailable: 65 GB]
STORAGE: btrfs [/] @ 314 GB | fuse.shfs [/watch] @ 7 TB | fuse.shfs [/config] @ 7 TB | fuse.shfs [/output] @ 7 TB | fuse.shfs [/storage] @ 7 TB
DATA: /config
Package: DOCKER
License: FileBot License P22573292 (Valid-Until: 2022-02-05)

(process:1019): dconf-CRITICAL **: 07:07:05.919: unable to create file '/tmp/run/user/app/dconf/user': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.

(process:1019): dconf-CRITICAL **: 07:07:05.920: unable to create file '/tmp/run/user/app/dconf/user': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.

(process:1019): dconf-CRITICAL **: 07:07:05.920: unable to create file '/tmp/run/user/app/dconf/user': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.

(process:1019): dconf-CRITICAL **: 07:07:05.921: unable to create file '/tmp/run/user/app/dconf/user': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.

(process:1019): dconf-CRITICAL **: 07:07:05.921: unable to create file '/tmp/run/user/app/dconf/user': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.

Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm having trouble hardlinking files using the AMC script. I am able to hardlink manually in the WebUI so I think it has to do with my volume mappings? Here's the error:

image.png.9a39874c6ad0eceaa59a2de5429368d3.png

And here are my mappings:

image.png.6c89fb1f345692b9a9d5ea96081221ff.png

Movie output naming:

image.png.f14066b4aa4d20d18a23df30537dc088.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

15 hours ago, saddl said:

Hi all,

I'm having trouble hardlinking files using the AMC script. I am able to hardlink manually in the WebUI so I think it has to do with my volume mappings? Here's the error:

image.png.9a39874c6ad0eceaa59a2de5429368d3.png

And here are my mappings:

image.png.6c89fb1f345692b9a9d5ea96081221ff.png

Movie output naming:

image.png.f14066b4aa4d20d18a23df30537dc088.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

It may be related to the fact that you hard linking between different volumes.  When you use the UI, are you doing the same thing ?