Plugin for Watching Folders and moving files

I suspect there's something already out there for what I'm about to ask but don't know what it would be called...

I use Delugevpn and Emby Server dockers.  I was looking for something that would watch my completed torrents folder and any new files in that folder it would move to the appropriate folder on another disk that contains the TV Series name

So if I download a torrent such as The.Flash.2014.S04E12.Honey,.I.Shrunk.Team.Flash.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD+5.1.H.264-ViSUM.mkv it would use some logic and move the file automatically to my "The Flash" folder.  I have all my tv shows arranged by tv series name.

I use the User Scripts Plugin and a simple script I made to move everything every hour that lands in the completed Folder that is being watched by Medusa Docker which I use to rename and keep all of my Tv shows organized for Plex. 

In case you ask what my code is. :D

Which is ran once an hour, but I'm sure it could simply be changed to run sooner or later. 

#!/bin/bash

mv /mnt/user/uploads/complete/* /mnt/user/uploads/Tv-Incoming/

Medusa grabs it and does its thing placing it in my Media/TV folder by Series/Season/

• Like 1

If you are wondering why the answers to your question are kind of thin, here's why.

Most people here probably use sonarr and radarr, which automatically do what you are asking.

They take care of everything, from finding the torrent / nzb, sending it to the appropriate download client, harvesting the actual media file from the download, discarding extra files that came along for the ride, and placing the media file in the proper destination and collecting artwork and nfo about the media.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could disable the search function, and manually import the files you downloaded but still use the sorting function of radarr / sonarr, but it seems like kind of a waste.

12 hours ago, DigitalDivide said:

I installed the Emby Auto organize plugin but don't see where it allows you to choose where to copy the files to....

To use your Flash series as an example, you would create a Flash (2014) folder, the year in the folder name is only needed to differentiate from Flash (1990),  where your Emby tv library is pointing to. Inside that folder (this part may no longer be needed but I still do it), you would create at least one season folder, ie Season 1. When Auto Organize sees a new file in the watch folder, it will try to parse the name and see if it matches with an existing series in Emby. If it matches, it renames and moves the file to the correct location for that series.

There are rare times where this doesn't work because it can't figure out what series a file belongs to (and Auot Organize only works with series, not movies). In that case, click on the folder icon next to the listed file. Here you can specify which series, season, and episode number the file is. If you click on "remember this correction" it will add it to the list of smart matches and should take care of it properly next time. 

Edited by Endy
4 hours ago, jonathanm said:

If you are wondering why the answers to your question are kind of thin, here's why.

Most people here probably use sonarr and radarr, which automatically do what you are asking.

They take care of everything, from finding the torrent / nzb, sending it to the appropriate download client, harvesting the actual media file from the download, discarding extra files that came along for the ride, and placing the media file in the proper destination and collecting artwork and nfo about the media.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could disable the search function, and manually import the files you downloaded but still use the sorting function of radarr / sonarr, but it seems like kind of a waste.

Exactly. I use Medusa, which could be Sonarr or Radarr or CouchPotatoe just the same simply because I don't let my Server do the pulling of files. I have a separate machine on my Network that does it, but I do use Medusa for the renaming and organizing. 

• 6 years later...
On 2/1/2018 at 10:32 AM, kizer said:

Exactly. I use Medusa, which could be Sonarr or Radarr or CouchPotatoe just the same simply because I don't let my Server do the pulling of files. I have a separate machine on my Network that does it, but I do use Medusa for the renaming and organizing. 

Do you perhaps have a link to a walk through for this? I currently download/rip to a "downloads" share. And then I move the files over to the appropriate folder in my plex media share. I'm looking for a way to automate this. So as things get downloaded into the downloads share, an app can automatically move it to the appropriate tv show/season folder. I have both Sonarr and Medusa installed currently but I have no clue how to set it up to do this. Everything I've found is to set them up to download things and then organize what they downloaded. Or to organize something a torrent app downloaded. I've searched for ways to auto move files and came up empty handed other than writing a script which wouldn't do exactly what I'm wanting (and I don't know how to program).