unRAID OS version 6.4.1 Stable Release Available

limetech

1 hour ago, JohanSF said:

Also, I love that plugin, too bad :/ 

Often, with major new releases of unRAID, certain plugins are rendered incompatible until such time as the author updates them.  S3 Sleep is another plugin that was incompatible with 6.4.x and it was recommended to remove it before upgrading to 6.4.x.  However, the author has since provided a 6.4.x compatible version. 

The author (gfjardim) needs to update the Advanced Buttons plugin and you will be able to use it again when that happens.  He is also the author of the Preclear plugin which is also incompatible with 6.4.x. You may want to check with the author regarding his plans for providing an update.  It is a useful plugin, but, its current incompatibilities cause more harm (orphaning docker images) than good.

Edited by Hoopster
5 hours ago, trurl said:

That's how I would have done it but I was actually wondering if it isn't responsible for the problem. I'll let you test the various scenarios. Let us know.

Ok, so I played around with Unassigned Devices to connect to the NAS. Unfortunately, the results were the same. When I manually close the connection on the Diskstation interface it triggers an auth_key.response in Unraid, specifically:

Tower kernel: CIFS VFS: Free previous auth_key.response = ffff880212becd80

And it reconnects immediately. This is where my knowledge is limited, but are cifs sessions monitored and restarted if terminated?

Edited by Seige
21 minutes ago, TristBella said:

I ran this in the plugins and now my apps tab is gone.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/misc-stuff/master/fix_template.plg

The two have nothing to do with each other.  Easiest solution to whatever caused this is to remove /config/plugins/community.applications.plg and the folder /config/plugins/community.applications from the flash drive, reboot then reinstall

On 2/3/2018 at 8:02 PM, CHBMB said:

Well they've not gone, the VM service isn't running.

I had the same problem. Unfortunately I am not sure what fixed it, but I suggest going to the VM Manager Settings page, enabling the advanced view and making sure all settings and paths are valid, even the ones you don't use (like Windows drivers).

Restarting the VM Manager via the web GUI might not work, because it consists of multiple components and the start/stop commands can abort early if it is in an inconsistent state. At least the command:

/etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt restart

did not work for me. I modified the script to allow restarting anyway, but rebooting the server is probably easier.

4 hours ago, TristBella said:

I ran this in the plugins and now my apps tab is gone.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/misc-stuff/master/fix_template.plg

image.thumb.png.d3357e1e68049a29516d015590143046.png

There are two plugins that are known to be incompatible with 6.4.1... uninstall Advanced Buttons and Preclear if you have them.  You should also review the update notes here:
  https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-641-stable-release-update-notes/

Then reboot, and if you are still having problems, upload your diagnostics.

p.s. Since Squid recommended removing and reinstalling Community Applications, I'd do  that too.

Edited by ljm42
On 2/3/2018 at 10:53 AM, Gordo74 said:

Upgraded from 6.3.5 and my VMs are gone! In the VM settings page it just says "Stopped" in yellow.

4 hours ago, Clink said:

I had the same problem. Unfortunately I am not sure what fixed it, but I suggest going to the VM Manager Settings page, enabling the advanced view and making sure all settings and paths are valid, even the ones you don't use (like Windows drivers).

We really need to see the diagnostics from a system that is having problems so we can help confirm the fix.

13 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

You are assuming that your LAN is secure.  If it is all wired, you probably are OK. That assumes that all of your users are trustworthy.  Wireless is a bit more of problem.  I understand that there are some kiddy-scripts out there that can crack the security on wireless routers pretty quick.  (But those folks are not really seeking out your unRAID server, they often want to hide their identities when they are conducting certain types of Internet activities.)

I decided to go the middle route.  I am using https with a self-signed certificate.  Most modern browsers will scream holy terror when you go that route but googling will quickly find the method to make the server address a 'trusted' one.  

Thank you sir! I was wondering the same thing myself and your answer was very helpful!

On 2/4/2018 at 2:14 AM, ryoko227 said:

Making a new rig with a 1920X Threadripper in it. ...

When I start a Win10VM my syslog ... spams this message

"

Feb  4 02:01:02 BEAST kernel: vfio-pci 0000:42:00.0: BAR 3: can't reserve [mem 0xc0000000-0xc1ffffff 64bit pref]

"

Not sure if it is unRAID specifically or the uefi bios loading it there, but efifb is being loaded into the same piece of memory that the primary slot GPU was trying to request. Running bios and unRAID in legacy mode fixed this issue for me as efifb is no longer being loaded. I did a quick write up over here detailing the journey, www. Hope this is helpful for someone, or that maybe the LT guys can take a look into it.

12 hours ago, ljm42 said:

There are two plugins that are known to be incompatible with 6.4.1... uninstall Advanced Buttons and Preclear if you have them.  You should also review the update notes here:
  https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-641-stable-release-update-notes/

Then reboot, and if you are still having problems, upload your diagnostics.

p.s. Since Squid recommended removing and reinstalling Community Applications, I'd do  that too.

I wish I would have found that before, but I was so excited to try an upgrade. I did go from 6.3.5 without any of these steps. Going to try the solution from Squid first and then maybe some of the troubleshooting from the link. Thanks for the help.

17 hours ago, Squid said:

The two have nothing to do with each other.  Easiest solution to whatever caused this is to remove /config/plugins/community.applications.plg and the folder /config/plugins/community.applications from the flash drive, reboot then reinstall

Would it surprise you that I have neither of those? Maybe I just need to do a reinstall?

image.png.5143a1272e4c60afbffee4d2256b8b09.png

Advanced Buttons / Preclear even if installed wouldn't (or at least to my knowledge) has never caused the Apps tab to disappear.  My suggestion of what to do with regards to CA was basically a solution without knowing what the problem that actually caused it would be.  But, I can pretty much guarantee that it had nothing to do with the Support / Project script.  Although I talk about the Apps tab in it, all I'm doing is getting the apps tab to download the links the script uses.  Best wild guess is that you've got some sort of corruption on your flash drive or your /var folder on the server was completely full.

5 minutes ago, TristBella said:

Would it surprise you that I have neither of those? Maybe I just need to do a reinstall?

On a re-read, I also see that you don't have CA installed either.  Which, if you didn't already manually remove them explains the App Tab not being present.  Doesn't explain though why it was present...

My VMs don't start either, libvirt is not started. Manually starting it from the commandline gives this:

Starting virtlockd...
2018-02-06 22:51:40.501+0000: 27009: info : libvirt version: 3.8.0
2018-02-06 22:51:40.501+0000: 27009: info : hostname: Tower
2018-02-06 22:51:40.501+0000: 27009: error : main:1212 : Can't load config file: Failed to open file '/etc/libvirt/virtlockd.conf': No such file or directory: /etc/libvirt/virtlockd.conf
Starting virtlogd...
2018-02-06 22:51:40.518+0000: 27012: info : libvirt version: 3.8.0
2018-02-06 22:51:40.518+0000: 27012: info : hostname: Tower
2018-02-06 22:51:40.518+0000: 27012: error : main:977 : Can't load config file: Failed to open file '/etc/libvirt/virtlogd.conf': No such file or directory: /etc/libvirt/virtlogd.conf
no image mounted at /etc/libvirt

2 hours ago, gsayer said:

VM's are still stuck in 'stopped' state, does anyone have anymore ideas? Thanks

1 hour ago, bonzi said:

My VMs don't start either, libvirt is not started. Manually starting it from the commandline gives this:

We really need to see the diagnostics

10 hours ago, Squid said:

On a re-read, I also see that you don't have CA installed either.  Which, if you didn't already manually remove them explains the App Tab not being present.  Doesn't explain though why it was present...

Looks like that was the issue. I had used the plugin "Fix Common Problems" which told me about a depreciated plugin that I removed and I guess it removed CA as well. After reading your post, went back to "Fix Common Problems" and it had an error about "Community Applications" not being found with a link to install it. Imagine my surprise when the link took me to a posting by Squid about installing CA. :) I am all good once again. Thanks for the help!

Edited by TristBella

Hi,

I just removed my self-signed cert <server-name>_unraid_bundle.pem after upgrading as described in the first post.

Unfortunately, my server doesn't create a new one after reboot.

I still have the other file in my certs folder so which one does my server actually use and how do I get back the other file?

A bit confused here.

On 06/02/2018 at 5:11 AM, ljm42 said:

Your problem is the Advanced Buttons plugin, it is not compatible. Remove it (might need to reboot) and you'll be fine.

You may also want to review the other topics here:

After removing the plugin and rebooting I still do not have my missing containers back Is there any other steps to take?

Read the instructions and notes and ensured unsupported plugins removed. Upgraded from 6.3.5 to 6.4.1 with no issues. My setup is simple - just a docker container. No VMs etc. Have not taken the encryption/certificate route yet.

thanks

Edited by TheWombat
  • limetech locked and unpinned this topic