Looking for some help/advice with my vm network

pyrater

I built a small NAS server (u-nas 810A) to take with me all over the world as i tend to travel to places with multiple crappy internet connections (100-200 kbps) . I am trying to do a fairly weird setup so if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it. This may be a bit confusing so thank you for sticking with me, here goes:

Windows VM 

Running Speedify (software) with 4 passthrough wifi Cards and 1 virtual NIC shared on br0. 

This VM takes the 4 wifi cards and does packet based bonding over a VPN connection to a speed server located elsewhere in the world. (this works fine) 

I have this connection shared out to the network using hotspot max (software) and its creating a dhcp server on the br0 in the 192.127.x.x range.  

So far this all works.

Untangled router VM 

This vm has 4 RJ45 ports via external PCI-e card which has been passed through and a virtual nic on br0

The external or wan port (192.127.x.x) is set to be the virtual nic on br0, this works and pulls an ip from the windows VM and untangled can ping the internet though the wan port to the virtual adapter to the windows vm through the bonded connection. everything is good SO FAR.

The issue is with getting untangle to serve lan clients. I have the RJ45 port 1 set to internal and dhcp serving on 10.10.5.1/24 . However when i plug in a cat5 cable to any external device it will not pull an IP from the untangled VM. I see a correct ARP entry matching my MAC addy and the correct ip subnet that i set, however the laptop / pc will never actually get the IP.  

The unraid box has a network as such using an additional onboard RJ45

Default -> 10.10.5.0

10.10.5.1 -> br0

I am at a loss, if you have any tips or thoughts please let me know.  Basicly without the untangled VM up i will be unable to access unraid webgui, and the untangled webgui unless i use a local monitor and keyboard / mouse.

Edited by pyrater
2 hours ago, pyrater said:

dhcp server on the br0 in the 192.127.x.x range. 

Dunno if this has anything to do with your specific issue, but it's bad practice to use live internet addresses that you don't own on your private network. That address range is owned and used by NCR corporation.

Use private non-routable addresses instead.

https://www.arin.net/knowledge/address_filters.html