USB Disconnects

I recently added a Aeotec Z-wave USB stick to my unraid server and attached this device to my Homeassistant docker.  Randomly this USB Z-wave stick stops working and I am wondering if this is a general USB issue as I am also having USB communications with my APC UPS (see below).  For the Z-wave stick if I shut the docker down, unplug the USB Z-wave stick and then reinsert it  and restart the docker, I am back up and running.  This is a major inconvenience (WAF) since the home automation randomly stops working.

For reference on the APC UPS issue here is the additional information:

About a year ago I added an APC UPS to my system and ever since it was added I get notifications about communications lost from the UPS.   If you look in the syslog these are the messages:

Jan 27 06:34:28 Tower kernel: usb 5-2: USB disconnect, device number 5
Jan 27 06:34:29 Tower kernel: usb 5-2: new full-speed USB device number 6 using xhci_hcd
Jan 27 06:34:29 Tower kernel: hid-generic 0003:051D:0002.0004: hiddev96,hidraw0: USB HID v1.00 Device [American Power Conversion Back-UPS RS 700G FW:856.L4 -P.D USB FW:L4 -P ] on usb-0000:0a:00.0-2/input0
Jan 27 06:34:35 Tower apcupsd[9482]: Communications with UPS restored.

I have just been ignoring these messages...sometimes I get 3 notifications a day...somedays none.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Logs are attached.  

tower-diagnostics-20180203-2243.zip

• Upvote 1