Lockup on Boot (only non-GUI mode)

I have an unRAID server using an Asrock H170M-ITX/DL and an i5-6500. I have flashed to the latest bios and the server was working fine, up until a week or two ago. The problem I'm having is that if I try to boot to the command line (no-gui), the server locks up at "Loading /bzroot...ok". If, on the other hand, I select "unRAID OS GUI Mode", the server boots up fine and works without any problems.

I haven't been able to find this problem, or any solutions, on the forums, but from what I read about similar issues discussed by others, it may be that the /bzroot, or some other file that loads immediately after, may be corrupt.

Has anyone come across a similar problem?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Can I download the latest version of unRAID and copy the bzroot file on to my USB flash drive, or will that break my server?

I have a backup of my flash drive, but I made it after this problem first came up, so I don't know whether reverting to the backup of the flash drive will help.

If all else fails, can I get a new USB flash drive, transfer my license over, and recover all the data I have on my parity, data, and cache drives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Intermittent reports of this.  AFAIK no solution ever found.  Easiest thing to do is to set GUI as the default bootup and be done with it, but you can try a brand new install just to rule out corruption.

Boot via the GUI, go to Main, Boot Device, Click on Flash, Edit Syslinux.cfg then move the menu default to the GUI section

Should look similar to this:

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label unRAID OS
  kernel /bzimage
  append pcie_acs_override=downstream initrd=/bzroot
label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append pcie_acs_override=downstream initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append pcie_acs_override=downstream initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label unRAID OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append pcie_acs_override=downstream initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

Edited by Squid