Slow VM startup in 6.4.0

NY152

46 minutes ago, NY152 said:

In 6.4.0, boot is very very slow.

After boot, my VM is very fast.

I don't understand

You've bumped a post that's well over a year old, nothing to do with the current unraid release and you've been more than a little sparse with your description and info, I suspect you're not going to get any replies to aid your understanding without "fleshing it out a little more" tbh. 

21 hours ago, CHBMB said:

You've bumped a post that's well over a year old, nothing to do with the current unraid release and you've been more than a little sparse with your description and info, I suspect you're not going to get any replies to aid your understanding without "fleshing it out a little more" tbh. 

I will try to be clearer.

When I start my VMs, this one, although indicated as started, nothing happens for 1, 2 or even 3 minutes and then runs in a normal way.

I read somewhere that a bug could be the cause of this bug (bug between the kernel and the bios file if I understood correctly)

I would have liked to have confirmation of this and if it is a bug, how to avoid it!

21 hours ago, SSD said:

@NY152 - I moved your topic into its very own thread!

Suggest posting a diagnostics file and more details to solicit useful advise.

I did not find anything in the diagnostics files on this freeze

Sorry, this is not a common scenario. I would have no clue as to what might be happening. It sounds like some driver or something is trying to load and creating a delay. In Windows I believe there is a way to generate a boot log that might shed some light.

The diagnostics file contains a lot of details about your system, and sometimes gives someone a clue of what might be going wrong. On the other hand, it may not. 

1 hour ago, NY152 said:

I will try to be clearer.

When I start my VMs, this one, although indicated as started, nothing happens for 1, 2 or even 3 minutes and then runs in a normal way.

I read somewhere that a bug could be the cause of this bug (bug between the kernel and the bios file if I understood correctly)

I would have liked to have confirmation of this and if it is a bug, how to avoid it!

I did not find anything in the diagnostics files on this freeze

You're asking for help. It was suggested that you post diagnostics. You're no closer to getting an answer on here without them.

I have an idea what it "could" be but not going to send you on a possible wild goose chase without more info, like, uh, your diagnostics.

If you don't want to post them, then good luck!

2 hours ago, SSD said:

Sorry, this is not a common scenario. I would have no clue as to what might be happening. It sounds like some driver or something is trying to load and creating a delay. In Windows I believe there is a way to generate a boot log that might shed some light.

The diagnostics file contains a lot of details about your system, and sometimes gives someone a clue of what might be going wrong. On the other hand, it may not. 

It was not a freeze of the VM but a concern of QEMU that has a problem. It is QEMU that freeze before starting, not the VM, which once launched, runs at full speed.

2 hours ago, 1812 said:

You're asking for help. It was suggested that you post diagnostics. You're no closer to getting an answer on here without them.

I have an idea what it "could" be but not going to send you on a possible wild goose chase without more info, like, uh, your diagnostics.

If you don't want to post them, then good luck!

By not wanting to help because we do not give diagnostic files (I think some people do not want to give them in full, it can be understood), it has an advantage, we find ourselves alone without owing anything to anyone ^^

10 minutes ago, NY152 said:

By not wanting to help because we do not give diagnostic files (I think some people do not want to give them in full, it can be understood)

If you have privacy concerns, I believe you can generate diagnostics and have the script remove any identifiable stuff before it outputs (A checkbox you need to select). Also make sure to turn off mover logging... That might address your concerns while providing a diagnostics file that people can use to help you...

37 minutes ago, DoeBoye said:

If you have privacy concerns, I believe you can generate diagnostics and have the script remove any identifiable stuff before it outputs (A checkbox you need to select). Also make sure to turn off mover logging... That might address your concerns while providing a diagnostics file that people can use to help you...

Certainly but just for a concern of VM (that I have settled), I do not want to provide all the data generated by my server (anonymous or not)

And I'm surely not the only one in this case.

That this data is useful is one thing but in this case, tell me where to look so that I give only the necessary.

38 minutes ago, NY152 said:

Certainly but just for a concern of VM (that I have settled), I do not want to provide all the data generated by my server (anonymous or not)

That this data is useful is one thing but in this case, tell me where to look so that I give only the necessary.

You're pretty much the only one I can recall that won't post anonymised data.  You want people's help, bearing in mind, we're all volunteers, and now we got to start explaining for things to look for, point is, we're not sure, that's why we asked for diagnostics. 

I suggest you start looking through the diagnostics yourself and see if anything jumps out, because I really don't think it's possible to provide you with any meaningful help at the impasse we're at.

13 hours ago, NY152 said:

Collect yourself the zip file with the anonymized data and check for yourself what information remains.