MiniITX board + Sempron 140 - $49.98 after MIR!!!

OK, this was one deal I had to order for myself before I posted it here  ;D

ZOTAC GF6100-E-E AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

+

AMD Sempron 140 Sargas 2.7GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 45W Single-Core Processor SDX140HBGQBOX

$59.98; $49.98 after MIR

Motherboard has 4 SATA slots and a single PCIe x1 slot.  Add a cheap PCIe x1 card (such as this) to bring it up to 6 SATA slots.

The Sempron 140 we all know and love, I don't think I need to comment on that.

I'm planning on using this combo as the basis for a small form factor 3-6 drive unRAID server.  I've got some friends interested in something cheap and small, so this should fit the bill.

Note: There may be an unRAID incompatibility issue with the mobo's northbridge/SATA controller, see below.

OK, this was one deal I had to order for myself before I posted it here  ;D

ZOTAC GF6100-E-E AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

+

AMD Sempron 140 Sargas 2.7GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 45W Single-Core Processor SDX140HBGQBOX

$59.98; $49.98 after MIR

Motherboard has 4 SATA slots and a single PCIe x1 slot.  Add a cheap PCIe x1 card (such as this) to bring it up to 6 SATA slots.

The Sempron 140 we all know and love, I don't think I need to comment on that.

I'm planning on using this combo as the basis for a small form factor 3-6 drive unRAID server.  I've got some friends interested in something cheap and small, so this should fit the bill.

Not bad at all for a small setup.  If i did not have other stuff on my plate i would grab one of these to mess around with.  I wish the board had HDMI on it... if it had i would grab it in a second for a HTPC type setup.

Well, some of the Newegg reviews said that it doesn't work very well as an HTPC.  The GPU is not an ION.  It would probably work as an SD HTPC, but I wouldn't count on it as capable of playing HD (unless maybe you put in a beefy CPU).  Plus the only video output is VGA, no DVI or HDMI.