How To Map A Network Drive?

Hi Folks,

I'm new to UnRaid, not a Linux SysAdmin, and was attracted to this product because it seemed like a point/click kinda thing and so far I've been updating my plugins and every few months I check my array consistency and all reports happy.  I'm on 6.3.5.

So now I want to upgrade to the new 6.4.x soon, but before I do so, I thought it would be a good idea to backup my backup.  Sure, it's RAID, but I'd feel better if the system backed up the data to an external network share on another server just in case.  I don't want to pay for cloud storage and if my house burns down I'll have bigger problems.

So here is my very basic problem that I couldn't find help for on the forum when searching for "map network drive" or "map drive"

I have HDD attached to my router at //Servername/share and I want to "map" that drive on my UnRaid server so it'll show up as a "local" resource.  The backup apps I've downloaded to my UnRaid seem to only support talking to network drives this way.

The problem is that I don't see any buttons anywhere to help me accomplish this.  Can someone please teach me how to map to a network share drive from another server?

Are there any downsides to doing this?  My server is basic and I've already reached my drive max per the license; I'm assuming that mapping to a network share wouldn't count as another drive since it's not actually physically connected, right?

Thanks, the plugin worked and I'm able to map to my alternative NAS (/mnt/disks/SERVERNAME_FOLDER.  However, none of my other dockers nor the Backup utility in Settings are able to see it.  So I don't know what good this has done.  I just want my unRAID server to see that other NAS as an available destination to save to.  

Edited by Boldly_Goes
1 hour ago, Boldly_Goes said:

Thanks, the plugin worked and I'm able to map to my alternative NAS (/mnt/disks/SERVERNAME_FOLDER.  However, none of my other dockers nor the Backup utility in Settings are able to see it.  So I don't know what good this has done.  I just want my unRAID server to see that other NAS as an available destination to save to.  

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-564314

• Like 1

Thanks.  So with that plugin I learned one still has to click the mount button after connecting the network drive; it seems so intuitive now! 

Being a n00b to unRaid, I still wasn't understanding how config paths worked.  

In my case, I learned that after adding the network drive via the plugin, mounting the drive, then editing Duplicati config and added the following path:

Name: BackupNAS

Container Path: /foldername - What it's going to show up listed as in the folder list within the container

Hostpath: /mnt/disks/NAS_Backup - what the network drive is named/mounted in the plugin

I also configured Access Mode as slave/RW per thread referenced above

Works like a charm.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1