Solved - No VM or plugins after Upgrading from 6.3.5 to 6.4.1

Good Morning,

I decided to upgrade from 6.3.5 to 6.4.1 last night and following a reboot my VM and plugin tabs did not populate anything.  The tabs loaded up a white page.  I then tried to remote into my Windows VM only to find it didn't boot :(.  I immediately rolled back to 6.3.5 as I needed the server to be running.  I plan on retrying this afternoon and if I hit this scenario again, what information will I need to pull in order to troubleshoot this issue?

Edited by mrdally204
7 minutes ago, jbear said:

I have the same problem as well, long time user, ran all the beta's prior to 6.4, everything was fine under 6.4, VM status is stopped in 6.4.1.  

FYI (for those interested), I was able to fix mine by tinkering with the paths, default ISO storage path was blank or incorrect.

Edited by jbear

[SOLVED]

replacing the -img File and fixing the boot loader did the job - i'm fine with that.

[/SOLVED]

Hello everybody,

looks like I've tried too hard to fix it by myself.

My VMs disappeared with the 4.6.1 Update (4.6.0 was fine).

So I tried to fix paths and got the VM system working again - but with no VMs.

When new VMs are created now, their disk files appear next to the old ones, so paths seem to be ok?

I didn't succeed ceating new VMs and just replace the disk files with my old ones.

How can I include my VMs again, please?

[EDIT]

ok, so far I figured out the location of the .xml files for the VMs

and as I only can find the .xml of my new VM I am positive to get my old .xmls back in there again...

sadly this method:

seems not to be working anymore. in my backed up "domain.img" I can't find those XML parts...

somebody knows where they are located now?

[/EDIT]

Edited by z0rn
further investigation done O:) - solution found.

I tried again with the same result.  The odd thing about my experience that differs from the above is nothing is shown in my "VMs" tab, it is a white screen.  There is not an apparent way to even make a new VM.  My first instinct is the way I made the VMs.  It was early in Unraid support of VMs, and I followed a forum guide that had me mount the VM drive in the go file, outside of Unraid web ui.  Is this a problem?

Anyways, I would appreciate a little help if someone is willing to have a look.  I'm still trying to make sense of it.

Edited by mrdally204

4 hours ago, mrdally204 said:

I tried again with the same result.  I have included my diagnostic output in the attached link.  The odd thing about my experience that differs from the above is nothing is shown in my "VMs" tab, it is a white screen.  There is not an apparent way to even make a new VM.  My first instinct is the way I made the VMs.  It was early in Unraid support of VMs, and I followed a forum guide that had me mount the VM drive in the go file, outside of Unraid web ui.  Is this a problem?

Anyways, I would appreciate a little help if someone is willing to have a look.  I'm still trying to make sense of it.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727imageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727imageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727

go to Settings -> VM Manager, switch to Advanced View, and make sure all of the paths are valid. More details here:

4 hours ago, mrdally204 said:

I followed a forum guide that had me mount the VM drive in the go file, outside of Unraid web ui.  Is this a problem?

I'm not sure about this part, but the paths mentioned above are definitely an issue.

Edited by ljm42

Changing the paths under the advanced options did indeed solve the problem.  I think my biggest hang up was that the VM tab was completely blank.  There should really be some simple text in there to direct a user on what's going on, where to go to enable/fix, etc.  A little guidance within the UI would help a lot I would expect.  Thanks again for the helpful direction :)