Updating Dockers fails and removes container

I've had 2 docker images update today and each time, when updating the docker images, it fails and removes the container totally.

I then go into apps, install the app again and it works perfectly, retaining all the settings?

I've checked the logs and this is the only warning I can see, but not sure what to do?

Feb 6 11:01:00 TechNAS [26693]: The command failed. Error: sh: /usr/local/emhttp/usr/bin/docker: No such file or directory<br>

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Uninstall the advanced button plugin.  

You will have to though switch the docker page to advanced view, delete the orphaned containers

Thanks for the pointer.

I've done that, but I don't seem to see anything relating to 'orphaned containers'? Is there somewhere in particular I should be looking?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a similiar problem.

After I edited dockers, (maybe i messed up something, and it didn't start) they went missing, and 'became' an orphan image.

I've been using unraid for over a year now, it never happened in 6.3.x

few days ago I updated to 6.4.1, and it started happening (could be unrelated)

what could cause this?

what is an orphan image anyway? why can't I just edit the xml, it wasn't from a template

23 minutes ago, LSL1337 said:

After I edited dockers, (maybe i messed up something, and it didn't start)

Misread the post, and I'm so used to saying uninstall advanced buttons plugin about a million times a day its become the standard opening for any of my posts.  But, if you do have it installed, get rid of it.  Please save my keyboard the wear and tear.

In your case, since you said "edited" dockers, what happened is that you made a mistake, and the container failed to start.  The error that you made would have been listed beneath the docker run command.

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

I don't have the advanced buttons plugin installed, but are getting the same issue. It seems to happen when the auto update of the dockers occur. It happens like once or twice a month. The docker disappears and become and orphan... Anyone know what the problem could be+