Re-adding parity drive with known correct data

JimBob

Okay, just discovered something and I worry this has complicated things, apologies for not including this earlier, as I just saw this.

Disk5, when my array is started displays "Unmountable: No file system" but the FS column still shows btrfs in it. This is clearly not a good thing. does this change the rebuild processors we discussed before?

Edited by JimBob
Spelling
1 minute ago, trurl said:

I don't know if it means anything now, since unRAID thinks parity1 is valid, parity2 and disk5 are new, then it is emulating disk5 from parity1, which you say is actually invalid.

The thing I am finding it hard to imagine is how you got to a point where unRAID thinks parity1 is valid.

I'm not sure if Unraid thinks parit1 is valid, as it display it as a disabled drive with a red x as seen in screenshot1. Parity1 has been invalid since my first screenshot.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

OK, reviewed the screenshots again. So how can it emulate disk5 when it thinks parity1 is invalid and parity2 is new???

I don't think it is emulating disk5 anymore, as it describes it as unmountable and its storage size of 10TB does not get listed in the array total when it is "in" the array

That would be:

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply
-assign missing disk(s) you can leave parity1 unassigned for now
-check both "parity is already valid" and "maintenance mode" before starting the array
-start the array
-stop array, unassign disk5
-start array, check emulated disk5 mounts and contents look correct
-stop array, reassign disk5, also assign parity1
-start array to begin rebuild/parity sync

3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

That would be:

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply
-assign missing disk(s) you can leave parity1 unassigned for now
-check both "parity is already valid" and "maintenance mode" before starting the array
-start the array
-stop array, unassign disk5
-start array, check emulated disk5 mounts and contents look correct
-stop array, reassign disk5, also assign parity1
-start array to begin rebuild/parity sync

Which do you think would be the safest option, given the scenario? These steps or the ones you detailed before?

Ok update. at step " -start array, check emulated disk5 mounts and contents look correct" the disk 5 is currently listed as "Unmountable: No file system" with a red X. That says "Disk is Missing (Disabled), Contents Emulated" when you hover over the X.

Which to me sounds like two bits of conflicting information. And the total array size is listed as 34TB which does not include the 10TB of disk5. SO that doesn't appear to be running in the array.

Is Disk5 out for the count?

Edited by JimBob
Adding more info