Cache Disk Missing after 6.4.1 Upgrade

somail

I upgraded from 4.0 -> 4.1 and my SSD cache disk disappeared. I have it connected to a PCI SATA add-in card, although the issue appears specific to the cache drive as the HDD drive attached to the add-in card is reported correctly in the Unraid Gui.

I downgraded to 4.0 and the cache drive appears again. My logs from 4.1 (attached) show new errors, but I am not knowledgeable enough to decipher them.  To be clear, the cache does not appear at all (even when the array is stopped) in 4.1. Given I can see and mount it in 4.0, I do not think it is related to the partition issue identified in the upgrade notes thread. 

The drive is a Samsung_SSD_850_EVO_250GB

Was something new added in 4.1 that would impact the system's ability to see my cache drive?

Thanks for the help.

Computer locking up after 6.4.0

server-diagnostics-20180206-1900.zip

Edited by somail
11 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Post diags from v6.4.0 for comparison.

Attached.

13 hours ago, trurl said:

See here. Scroll down to Solutions to Common Problems where it talks about incompatible partitions on cache:

I thought that issue is due to using the old version of the unassigned disk plugin (which I have never used) and also I thought the problem would also appear on the 4.0 (which is doesn't) - Happy to be wrong as it seems like an easy fix. How do I know if I have an incompatible partition?

server-diagnostics-6.4.0.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow update, but I wanted to give closure to the issue. I swapped the SSD to the onboard controller and it is recognized in 6.4.1. The HDD that I swapped to the expansion SATA controller is recognized as well.

For whatever reason, the combination of my expansion controller, my Samsung SSD and 6.4.1 creates issues. The previous IRQ errors in my log are gone as well. O.o