(Solved) Seeing some 'Missing CSRF Token' errors in the logs

Hello All,

I've been away from this forum for awhile, but been updating my system with each new release. After updating to 6.4.0 I started noticing this error, "Tower root: error: /JNAP/: missing csrf_token" in the log.  Along this same time I had issues with SAB and Sickbeard dockers, so I worked on moving over to Sonarr and NZBGet. 

Now that that migration is over the system is working great. However this missing csrf_token message pops up in the log on a regular basis. I've searched this forum for answers and found a couple suggestions. The 'close tab' on browser is one, but this error keeps showing up after multiple reboots of unRAID and closing/rebooting browser/computer.

****** Oops, hit enter by mistake *************

The attached diagnostic log was taken while running in safe mode.

Thanks for the help!

--Al

tower-diagnostics-20180207-1128.zip

Edited by doorunrun
hit enter too soon.

Squid, thanks for the link. I had looked over that message in my earlier searches, and since I'm running in 'Safe Mode' and getting the errors, it might point to the two Dockers (Sonarr & NZBGet) from linuxserver.io. 

I guess the next step is to not start/disable those Dockers and reboot and see where pops up, right?

I did follow the link's link and read about "Cross Site Request Forgery." Thanks again!

Squid, thanks for the link. I had looked over that message in my earlier searches, and since I'm running in 'Safe Mode' and getting the errors, it might point to the two Dockers (Sonarr & NZBGet) from linuxserver.io. 
I guess the next step is to not start/disable those Dockers and reboot and see where pops up, right?

I did follow the link's link and read about "Cross Site Request Forgery." Thanks again!
It will be something you have open on a client browser rather than a docker container on your server.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yes, after a few restarts and testing Browsers it's a bit clearer. I'm attaching the latest diagnostic file reflecting a Safe Boot, Array Not Started and No Dockers mode.

I normally use Chrome browser on my Win 10 desktop to manage unRAID and I did have a SONARR extension running on it, but disabled it for troubleshooting purposes.

It seems that when Chrome OR Firefox (which I don't normally use) touches unRAID the error is logged. I did have one 'clean' session with between unRAID and Firefox using a private browsing window. I'll try it again to make sure and go from there.

Thanks again!!

tower-diagnostics-20180207-1357.zip

12 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

You're over complicating this :) All you have to do is make sure that when you reboot the server, you close (or refresh) any browser windows that were pointed at the server.

Well, when you put it like that, it makes all the sense in the world. Not a 'face palm' moment....more like, DOH! :)

Thanks!

• doorunrun changed the title to (Solved) Seeing some 'Missing CSRF Token' errors in the logs