[Support] MarkusMcNugens Docker Repository

39 minutes ago, MarkusMcNugen said:

Are you mounting that folder to the docker host? If not then it wouldn't have persistence. 

There is already a volume for persistence that you can use for the container. Check out the docker hub or within pages for the container. You should have /config mounted to the docker host and your ssh key for the SFTP server should go in /config/sshd/keys. You'll probably need to be logged in as root on your Unraid server to get into that folder once you have /config mounted, its locked down pretty hard for security.

I've tried both ways, by using a mapped folder and recently by just bashing into the docker container and creating the key under the docker filesystem.

I see in the template that the appdata /mnt/cache/appdata/crushftp is mapped to /var/opt/CrushFTP10 in the docker, should I place it there?

Edited by ffhelllskjdje
On 4/6/2021 at 5:29 PM, ffhelllskjdje said:

I've tried both ways, by using a mapped folder and recently by just bashing into the docker container and creating the key under the docker filesystem.

I see in the template that the appdata /mnt/cache/appdata/crushftp is mapped to /var/opt/CrushFTP10 in the docker, should I place it there?

Seems it only works with non admin users, so i just created another user and it seems to work now.

9 hours ago, ffhelllskjdje said:

Seems it only works with non admin users, so i just created another user and it seems to work now.

You shouldn't need to create the users manually. You can just them in the config file and the container will create them automatically. If the SSH key exists for the user it will copy it to their authorized_keys file as well.

I'm glad you got it figured out at least. Sorry I didn't have team to look I to it further this week. Was waiting for the weekend to test it myself.

• 2 months later...

Trying to test CrushFTP, but unfortunately the container crushes (sic :D) on me immediately after trying to start it.

I am pretty sure there is no port conflict.

I used an existing user as admin (was that bad) and used a different password than the user's (I assume CrushFTP has its own account management?).

Any ideas?

What should I look for?

EDIT: Tried a different (non existing) user and different "FTP Folder 1". Still same issue.

Edited by NLS
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2021 at 2:32 PM, NLS said:

Trying to test CrushFTP, but unfortunately the container crushes (sic :D) on me immediately after trying to start it.

I am pretty sure there is no port conflict.

I used an existing user as admin (was that bad) and used a different password than the user's (I assume CrushFTP has its own account management?).

Any ideas?

What should I look for?

EDIT: Tried a different (non existing) user and different "FTP Folder 1". Still same issue.

I have the same problem.

Getting "Execution error, Server error" when staring. From the log I get:

Aug 31 03:05:19 UnRAID kernel: device veth8760dc8 left promiscuous mode
Aug 31 03:05:19 UnRAID kernel: docker0: port 12(veth8760dc8) entered disabled state

EDIT: It worked after I disabled the build-in FTP-server in UnRAID

Edited by Flemming

Hello,

I am using the CrushFTP docker container and it works very good for me here. Thank you very much for providing it.

But I have one issue: How can I setup the container to write files in the correct user and group ownerships? Files and directories are created with root:root, but all other files on my shares have username:users. Problem for me is that I need to adjust the ownership before being able to rename, move, delete... through the shares.

Regards,

Roi

• 7 months later...

Sorry for asking probably stupid questions but I could need a little help with the sftp app.

image.thumb.png.e1bbd548e0a8472dc15ec46be9460e1a.png

I have the container running and added one user in the /mnt/user/disk1/appdata/sftp/sshd/users.conf like mentioned on the docker page: 

user:pass:1001:100

When I connect with filezilla I land in this folder:
image.png.5f6ed2c2237dc0d5512f327b843a75e5.png

Unfortunately I can not copy something in that folder: I have read permissions, I can copy that .ssh folder for example.
And generally read persmissions are enough but how can I specify the folder for a user when I connect to the server.

I thought about passing a folder from the host to the containerlike this:
image.png.5305afcfdae4bb76b63f31ee48c3db2e.png

But I dont know where I can configure that. Can anyone help me ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 4:41 AM, Dent_ said:

I probably did something to muck this up. Once installed and the container starts I cant access the ui. When looking at the log this is what I get.  Is there a permission I am missing?

Unzipping CrushFTP...
Creating default admin...
Admin user written to:./users/MainUsers/
cat: can't open '/etc/system-release': No such file or directory
CrushFTP is not currently running...
cat: can't open '/etc/system-release': No such file or directory
Starting CrushFTP... OK

Hello,

I have the same problem

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi @MarkusMcNugen,

Thanks for maintaining docker containers! I'm trying to setup the sftp docker to sync/share some files across multiple devices. I read through the instructions, but can't seem to authenticate.

I setup a sftp-share user in unraid, and granted read/write permissions to a single share. I then went into the container and configured a username and password, assigning to the same user/group as the unraid user:

root@db516ccd2f61:/# cat /config/sshd/users.conf
sftp-share:testpass:1000:100

Whenever I try to sftp, I can't authenticate at all; I've tried both terminal, and filezilla.

Example: sftp -P 2222 sft-share@<server_IP>

enter "testpass" without quotes, and then permission denied.

Is there a step I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help!

• 1 month later...

hi i installed crushftp10, and assigned 4444 as sftp port and 2221 as ftp port, i opened them in the router, and i cannot access this externally via these protocols. https web browsing is working fine but filezilla is not able to connect unless i use the local ip. any ideas?

Edited by jcofer555
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 1:59 PM, Roi said:

But I have one issue: How can I setup the container to write files in the correct user and group ownerships? Files and directories are created with root:root, but all other files on my shares have username:users. Problem for me is that I need to adjust the ownership before being able to rename, move, delete... through the shares.

Hello,

I want to bring this issue up again. I looked into it today and still did not find a solution which works for me. So no settings inside CrushFTP and also no option for the Docker container (as I am not the biggest Docker user this also can be PEBCAK ;-) ). Can someone help?

Thank you and regards,

Roi

• 1 month later...

OpenConnectServer doesn't seem to be working as expected.image.png.49cdf5e94455c6309982b9359df201bd.png

I just filled in my FQDN (into SRV_CN) and name (into SRV_ORG). I used default settings otherwise, for both client and server. I used the same username&password that I can already use to access shares on unraid.

What's next please?

Edited by thany
  • 4 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:52 AM, pbear said:

Hello @MarkusMcNugen

The CrushFTP v10.3 is out, can you update the docker ? Thanks

Thank you very much for your CrushFTP container.

I would also kindly ask for a CrushFTP container update, in the meantime 10.4.0 is the most recent version.

I noticed that it is possible to internally update the container, the update is gone however, once the container restarts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did something change with a recent update ?

I cannot connect to the web interface anymore.

I checked through the console, and no deamon are listening on 8080 (or 9090) anymore:

/ # netstat -tulpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.11:41081        0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -
tcp        0      0 ::ffff:127.0.0.1:40485  :::*                    LISTEN      113/java
tcp        0      0 ::ffff:127.0.0.1:41599  :::*                    LISTEN      113/java
tcp        0      0 :::2222                 :::*                    LISTEN      113/java
tcp        0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      113/java
udp        0      0 127.0.0.11:47546        0.0.0.0:*                           -

Do I have to do something ?

KR,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the directories of SFTP.
Here's my docker run:

docker run
  -d
  --name='sftp'
  --net='br0'
  --ip='10.0.10.64'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="Europe/Paris"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Skynet"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="sftp"
  -e 'TCP_PORT_22'='22'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MarkusMcNugen/docker-templates/master/sftp/SFTP.png'
  -v '/mnt/user/loa/':'/loa':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/sftp':'/config':'rw' 'markusmcnugen/sftp:latest'

It's the "  -v '/mnt/user/loa/':'/loa':'rw'" part that's giving trouble.

Here's the users.conf file:
image.png.1136dec4c789d490bda4f8755b724502.png

For some reason, it can't see the content of the correct folder, it's like it's creating a new one instead of using the one that is mounted.

I looked at the Github page on how to do it, and to me it seems right.

Does someone have the answer?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Been using crushftp for a bit now, a lil on the down low.

The webgui and ftp clients connect just fine, is why i haven't run into an issue yet.

However, since i want to start serving the files via an webpage, i need to find the files.

Even tho i set the FTP folder variable, i cannot find the uploaded files i can find using the webgui.

So i'm wondering, where are the files and folders etc. stored?

It seems to be like an in-memory thing?