[Support] MarkusMcNugens Docker Repository

Hello MarkusMcNugen,

I current use delugevpn, but I've anxiously been waiting for a qbittorrent/openvpn combination that will work for me as that is my torrent client of choice. I saw that you recently updated your build and was going to try it, but I am getting the following error when trying to pull down the container:

docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for v, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'.

I provided my docker creds and tried to pull it down but it didn't change anything.

After 3 days and about 20 cups of coffee trying to work how to reverse proxy this container I finally got it sorted.

Using linuxserver.io's letsencrypt docker. I made my own proxy.conf file here:

# qBittorrent devs on Github indicated the Origin and Referer headers needed to be surpressed,
# and that the X-Forwarded-Host needed to match what was seen in the browser,
# as of version 4.0.3 these are the working settings.

# Note: For some users, several windows in the Web UI will still be blank, such as when adding
# a new torrent from a URL/magnet or local file.
# If so, uncomment the last line "add_header"

# to enable password access, uncomment the two auth_basic lines

location /qbt/ {
#   auth_basic "Restricted";
#   auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
    proxy_pass              http://192.168.1.50:8080/;
    proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-Host        $server_name:$server_port;
    proxy_hide_header       Referer;
    proxy_hide_header       Origin;
    proxy_set_header        Referer                 '';
    proxy_set_header        Origin                  '';
#   add_header              X-Frame-Options         "SAMEORIGIN";
}

This successfully fixes the redirection issue due to mismatching header data and well... it just works in general. I tried for ages to get it working on a subdomain but I just couldn't. Always ended up getting the blank page issue.

Either way I'm not picky. This works fine for my needs.

Credits mostly to: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/wiki/NGINX-Reverse-Proxy-for-Web-UI

The developer of this container @ MarkusMcNugen  may be able to use the same thing to fix the inherent issue regarding the webUI redirect problem mentioned in the first post. 

Edited by plantsandbinary
reason for edit: got this shit sorted
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

URGENT!!! @MarkusMcNugen It looks like with your qbittorrent template you have forgotten to remove your VPN username and password from the template. Lines 71 and 76 currently contain values. I suggest you remove them!

He hasn't visited the forum for a month and those have been there since April looking at the github. 

Ok so today for seemingly no reason what-so-ever the WebUI is telling me that my password is wrong. Checked the encrypted md5 hash and cracked it and sure enough my password is correct and is the same I've been using forever.

Restarting the container didn't work. Forcing an update didn't work...

So I guess that's it for me then. I'll use ruTorrent from now on. I really like qBittorrent but we don't seem to get any updates anyway. I'm not messing around with stuff like this that just randomly decides to stop working.

EDIT: Fucking Bitdefender blocking the login because it sends the password unencrypted... Added the url to exceptions and it works fine.

Also as others have said Mark doesn't seem to come here any more. I've messaged him twice about a month ago and am yet to get a reply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 1:04 AM, Kuusou said:

Woops, didn't realize what logs were which.

It seems your update fixed the white screen for me though.

My issue now is that changing the two given webui ports to the port I want seems to keep the 8080 port involvement, and then not let me access the webui anymore.

If I just use 8080 it works fine. is there something else I need to edit here that I cant see?

qbittorrent.log

firefox_2018-05-04_00-58-53.png

Edit: I was reading up on the other qBittorrent dockers and they seem to have the same issue. It might be a limitation of some kind. Let me know if you work around it. I'd love to change the port.

Edit2: I'm unable to tunnel Radarr and Sonarr through the docker to use as a.. proxy.. for my proxy.., which I currently do with my other torrent client. Is there a workaround for this, or something I need to enable/do differently? Or would you simply recommend doing it a different way if I'd like to utilize this container from now on?

Also I wanted to thank you for creating, working on, and updating/fixing this container. I had been waiting for someone to do so for a while, and even looked into options for doing it myself, but have little experience with dockers in unraid, so having a ready, or mostly ready option is just beautiful.

Hi Kuusou,

First, I screwed up my script before taking the summer off to spend with my family. The WebUI and Connection port environmental variables were not being applied correctly to overwrite the default config. This has been fixed.

Second, qBittorrent had a feature to block cross site request forgery which blocked proxies (unless they were configured properly to not send the referrer IP in the header. They finally added an option to disable this feature, which I have now enabled by default with new installs of this docker. If you update the docker, you can disable it yourself from the WebUI or by editing the qbittorrent.conf config file and adding "WebUI\CSRFProtection=false" to it. This also fixes the WebUI not working when trying to open from the Unraid menu.

On 7/16/2018 at 10:32 PM, jaxder said:

Any chance of implementing the qBittorrent search feature into this docker?

This is a feature they is in development for the WebUI. I'm not so much a developer as a hobbyist. I know some Python, PHP, Bash, C#, Visual Basic and a few others. I can work my way around code to understand how it works but I dont do much with contributing to actual projects. My degree is in computer networking, unfortunately not programming.

On 7/22/2018 at 6:50 AM, plantsandbinary said:

@MarkusMcNugen Hi and firstly thanks so much for this amazing docker. The VPN credentials part was by far the easiest of any docker I've used here. Binhex's dockers are great but require a crazy amount of configuring to get working. Just being able to drop my .ovpn config server file of choice in and throw in my username and password is exactly the kind of simplicity I honestly expected from other dockers, instead of being tailored the hard way to only work with one or two providers.

I have a problem though. No matter what I do or what interface or port I choose, I absolutely cannot open the WebUI. You said that clicking "WebUI" from unraid doesn't work. But neither does going to http://<MYIP>:8080 or whatever port that I pick. I've tried every interface I've created and made available except Host. I either just get a completely blank page or a "page cannot be displayed" error.

Can you give me a hand?

Also is there any chance you could set up some kind of SSL and .htaccess security for this? I know I'm just being lazy asking for it but running over HTTP is kinda crazy in this day and age.

When I get the WebUI sorted I'm going to try and reverse proxy this so I can access it from the web but keep it secure with .htaccess. I'm happy to do both in the meantime but without the webui loading I can't do anything.

I'd post a log but it looks like everything is meant to be working correctly. It's just the UI that does not load. I did attach my .ovpn config file though.

Here's the last part:

Thanks, and I seriously hope I see more dockers from you with the same simplicity.

se44.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn

Check your messages, PMed you!

On 7/24/2018 at 6:08 PM, plantsandbinary said:

After 3 days and about 20 cups of coffee trying to work how to reverse proxy this container I finally got it sorted.

Using linuxserver.io's letsencrypt docker. I made my own proxy.conf file here:

# qBittorrent devs on Github indicated the Origin and Referer headers needed to be surpressed,
# and that the X-Forwarded-Host needed to match what was seen in the browser,
# as of version 4.0.3 these are the working settings.

# Note: For some users, several windows in the Web UI will still be blank, such as when adding
# a new torrent from a URL/magnet or local file.
# If so, uncomment the last line "add_header"

# to enable password access, uncomment the two auth_basic lines

location /qbt/ {
#   auth_basic "Restricted";
#   auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
    proxy_pass              http://192.168.1.50:8080/;
    proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-Host        $server_name:$server_port;
    proxy_hide_header       Referer;
    proxy_hide_header       Origin;
    proxy_set_header        Referer                 '';
    proxy_set_header        Origin                  '';
#   add_header              X-Frame-Options         "SAMEORIGIN";
}

This successfully fixes the redirection issue due to mismatching header data and well... it just works in general. I tried for ages to get it working on a subdomain but I just couldn't. Always ended up getting the blank page issue.

Either way I'm not picky. This works fine for my needs.

Credits mostly to: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/wiki/NGINX-Reverse-Proxy-for-Web-UI

The developer of this container @ MarkusMcNugen  may be able to use the same thing to fix the inherent issue regarding the webUI redirect problem mentioned in the first post. 

Also in the message I sent to you!

On 9/23/2018 at 6:37 AM, cheesemarathon said:

URGENT!!! @MarkusMcNugen It looks like with your qbittorrent template you have forgotten to remove your VPN username and password from the template. Lines 71 and 76 currently contain values. I suggest you remove them!

Yeah, can't believe I did that... lol. It's alright, I switched VPN providers and have a different username and password anyways. On top of that my account is locked down and I use the max connections from my provider at all times.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:54 AM, CHBMB said:

He hasn't visited the forum for a month and those have been there since April looking at the github. 

Yep, indeed they have. Fixed it now, but not really worried about it.

On 9/23/2018 at 7:11 AM, cheesemarathon said:

Shame, his loss then....

Haha, yeah,  pretty stupid mess up on my part...

On 9/28/2018 at 1:32 PM, plantsandbinary said:

Ok so today for seemingly no reason what-so-ever the WebUI is telling me that my password is wrong. Checked the encrypted md5 hash and cracked it and sure enough my password is correct and is the same I've been using forever.

Restarting the container didn't work. Forcing an update didn't work...

So I guess that's it for me then. I'll use ruTorrent from now on. I really like qBittorrent but we don't seem to get any updates anyway. I'm not messing around with stuff like this that just randomly decides to stop working.

EDIT: Fucking Bitdefender blocking the login because it sends the password unencrypted... Added the url to exceptions and it works fine.

Also as others have said Mark doesn't seem to come here any more. I've messaged him twice about a month ago and am yet to get a reply.

Sorry for the sabbatical guys. I have returned!!!

Hello everyone, I am back! I'm sorry to all you guys I left hanging over the summer. I left some things in a broken state by mistake (Didnt sync my last changes to github like a flucking idiot...) Decided to take a sabbatical and spend time with my two kids over the summer. Now that it's starting to get colder outside I have returned and will continue to maintain these dockers.

@Everyone

qBittorrentvpn

WebUI and ConnectionPort overwrite issue resolved

I have fixed the stupid issue with the broken WebUI and Connection port environmental variables not setting correctly in the config file. (In fact, everyone should check the qBittorrent.conf config file and delete any extra WebUI and ConnectionPort lines that may have been added to it... my bash script was left in a broken state, forgot to sync the changes to github, that would echo the line into the config every time instead of replacing the correct line...)

CSRF protection disabled by default on new installs

New installs will have CSRF protection disabled in the options by default. This is the setting that breaks basic reverse proxy configs from working and stopped the WebUI link from Unraids menu from working. This option can be enabled at any time via the WebUI or qBittorrent.conf config file.

If you updated this docker, this feature will not be disabled by default. If you want it disabled then you can edit it via the WebUI qBittorrent preferences in the WebUI section, or add "WebUI\CSRFProtection=false" to your qBittorrent.conf config file.

HTTPS

I purposely did not generate any certs and apply them for HTTPS for qBittorrent's WebUI. I assumed that most people would be running this behind a reverse proxy like letsencrypt or Nginx that would provide the TLS encryption necessary to secure the connection coming in from the outside. I also assumed that if you were savvy enough to set something like that up, you probably had the means to generate your own certificate and key to paste into the qBittorrent preferences via the WebUI to enable it. If this feature is requested by multiple people I will add it and possibly set it as the default.

SFTP

I am open to suggestions on how to make this docker more user-friendly and to simplify the installation and configuration process. If anyone has any ideas, voice them. I specifically made this because I couldnt find any good SFTP dockers made for Unraid. Willing to create a develop branch for testing changes and have people test if any improvements or suggestions are provided.

Edited by MarkusMcNugen

So, I just installed qBittorrentvpn, but I can't access the WebUI.  I've turned the VPN off and updated the LAN_NETWORK variable, which I set to 192.168.1.0/24 (UnRAID is on 192.168.1.11).  Everything else is default.  I cannot access the WebUI.  I'm looking for any suggestions.

This is my qBittorrent.log file:

(N) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent v4.1.3 started
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent is trying to listen on any interface port: 8999
(N) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Peer ID: -qB4130-
(N) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - HTTP User-Agent is 'qBittorrent/4.1.3'
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - DHT support [ON]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Local Peer Discovery support [ON]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - PeX support [ON]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Anonymous mode [OFF]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Encryption support [ON]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Embedded Tracker [OFF]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - GeoIP database loaded. Type: GeoLite2-Country. Build time: Tue Oct 9 21:56:23 2018.
(N) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Web UI: Now listening on IP: *, port: 8080
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent is successfully listening on interface :: port: TCP/8999
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent is successfully listening on interface 0.0.0.0 port: TCP/8999
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent is successfully listening on interface 0.0.0.0 port: UDP/8999
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - External IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

On 10/12/2018 at 12:35 AM, scb147 said:

So, I just installed qBittorrentvpn, but I can't access the WebUI.  I've turned the VPN off and updated the LAN_NETWORK variable, which I set to 192.168.1.0/24 (UnRAID is on 192.168.1.11).  Everything else is default.  I cannot access the WebUI.  I'm looking for any suggestions.

This is my qBittorrent.log file:

(N) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent v4.1.3 started
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent is trying to listen on any interface port: 8999
(N) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Peer ID: -qB4130-
(N) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - HTTP User-Agent is 'qBittorrent/4.1.3'
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - DHT support [ON]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Local Peer Discovery support [ON]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - PeX support [ON]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Anonymous mode [OFF]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Encryption support [ON]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Embedded Tracker [OFF]
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - GeoIP database loaded. Type: GeoLite2-Country. Build time: Tue Oct 9 21:56:23 2018.
(N) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - Web UI: Now listening on IP: *, port: 8080
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent is successfully listening on interface :: port: TCP/8999
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent is successfully listening on interface 0.0.0.0 port: TCP/8999
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - qBittorrent is successfully listening on interface 0.0.0.0 port: UDP/8999
(I) 2018-10-12T04:28:17 - External IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

I figured it out.  I believe my problem was that the WEBUI_PORT and WEBUI_PORT_ENV didn't match. One was 8080 and the other was 8081.  I could have sworn I didn't touch those, so I'm not sure how that happened.

And I was able to get everything working with the VPN too, so that is a plus.  One thing I'm just not sure of is that I changed my WEBUI ports to 6060, but I couldn't change the Connector Port from the Edit menu. I had to delete the port config and readd it.  Is this typical, or is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

18 hours ago, scb147 said:

I figured it out.  I believe my problem was that the WEBUI_PORT and WEBUI_PORT_ENV didn't match. One was 8080 and the other was 8081.  I could have sworn I didn't touch those, so I'm not sure how that happened.

And I was able to get everything working with the VPN too, so that is a plus.  One thing I'm just not sure of is that I changed my WEBUI ports to 6060, but I couldn't change the Connector Port from the Edit menu. I had to delete the port config and readd it.  Is this typical, or is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

Yeah can confirm ports dont match on default install. Just need to change 8081 to 8080 and all worked instantly for me.

BTW, any idea of estimated download speeds compared to running on another system/vm? Quite slow compared to VPN on my Desktop but at least it works and is automated.

On 10/14/2018 at 3:16 AM, Dataone said:

TW, any idea of estimated download speeds compared to running on another system/vm? Quite slow compared to VPN on my Desktop but at least it works and is automated.

I'm getting sustained download speeds of about 89MB/s and Upload speeds of about 31MB/s. This is on a 1000/350 connection and during VPN usage. If your implementation is slow then either your machine is just slow or your connection is slow. This container performs better than Binhex's RTorrent container, which by comparison is way less aggressive in connecting to peers for quick seeding and the rTorrent container tends to lock up if I tell it to delete more than 5 files at a time, even though my entire array is built from 4TB SSD drives running on 2 Xenon processors.

Speeds are whilst connected to NordVPN.

• 3 weeks later...

So I swapped VPN providers because NordVPN doesn't allow port forwarding and I want to actually seed better than I have been.

No matter what I did, I couldn't get this qBittorrent client to be 'connectable' to other peers on the new VPN provider I picked (Mullvad). I tried everything I could think of. Changed ports. Even changed VPNs. Port forwarded my router. et cetera. I even turned off the VPN part of the container and just ran it without it, no matter what I did it was still impossible to end up being seen as 'connectable'.

The rTorrentVPN container worked fine for me and I tried to mirror the same settings with this one but I couldn't do it. Maybe it's something to do with the iptables, or maybe it's just me. I have no idea. So I had to uninstall the container. I didn't like using the rTorrent container generally but it seems the closest thing to this that allows me to be connectable.

Thanks for your hard work Markus! It's a shame because I love how aggressive qBittorrent is at connecting to peers. You can get from 0-80MB/s in about 1 second after starting a torrent. rTorrent is much slower by comparison and much less aggressive at connecting to clients. Still, I'll end up using irssi-autodl so I guess rTorrent is the natural choice.

Thanks again!

On 11/2/2018 at 12:12 PM, plantsandbinary said:

So I swapped VPN providers because NordVPN doesn't allow port forwarding and I want to actually seed better than I have been.

No matter what I did, I couldn't get this qBittorrent client to be 'connectable' to other peers on the new VPN provider I picked (Mullvad). I tried everything I could think of. Changed ports. Even changed VPNs. Port forwarded my router. et cetera. I even turned off the VPN part of the container and just ran it without it, no matter what I did it was still impossible to end up being seen as 'connectable'.

I just switched to Mullvad, I was having an issue where it would connect to peers and seeds yet just not download or seed anything. I changed my server from USA to Australia (closer to me) and this problem dissapeared.

However, now whenever I use the UDP protocol I consistently get this error:

Sun Nov 4 20:52:25 2018 AEAD Decrypt error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #256450 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

Any clue what could be causing this?

You shouldn't really need to use servers that are seriously so far away from you, unless you want to lose so much speed in exchange for a bit of extra privacy. I'm using Mullvad too now, and that was what I was using when I made my previous post. No matter what I did I couldn't get a connectable status. Even when other clients using the same settings could. So I removed the container.

Hey Markus & all,

I've started using this recently and have found it to be pretty good so far! Only, I've got two (very likely related) problems:

- Sometimes there is data left in /temp/ even for files that have completely finished downloading. This perhaps is by design and I just need to leave it for longer, but otherwise I'm having to clear out /temp/ occasionally?

- The Cache drive was filled up today as the mount must have disappeared. (i.e., what was /mnt/user/downloads/ -> /downloads/ disappeared). There has been an outstanding issue that I believe hasn't occurred again whereby /mnt/user disappears off the entire server - but this is just relating to a single docker. Even after the mount was restored a number of files began downloading off the 'internal' version (within the Docker) and not the 'external' Unraid share. Any idea why? And any idea if there's an straight forward way to make a kill switch or other system that prevents downloads if the mount has disappeared?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 1:24 PM, MarkUK said:

Hey Markus & all,

I've started using this recently and have found it to be pretty good so far! Only, I've got two (very likely related) problems:

- Sometimes there is data left in /temp/ even for files that have completely finished downloading. This perhaps is by design and I just need to leave it for longer, but otherwise I'm having to clear out /temp/ occasionally?

- The Cache drive was filled up today as the mount must have disappeared. (i.e., what was /mnt/user/downloads/ -> /downloads/ disappeared). There has been an outstanding issue that I believe hasn't occurred again whereby /mnt/user disappears off the entire server - but this is just relating to a single docker. Even after the mount was restored a number of files began downloading off the 'internal' version (within the Docker) and not the 'external' Unraid share. Any idea why? And any idea if there's an straight forward way to make a kill switch or other system that prevents downloads if the mount has disappeared?

I dont think there is much I can do about the temp folder, that sounds like a qbittorrent issue. As for the unmounting issue, that sounds like an Unraid/Docker issue. I dont think there is much that can be done from my end to detect and stop that issue. If it occurs again you may try opening a troubleshooting topic on here and posting your logs.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:16 PM, Dataone said:

Yeah can confirm ports dont match on default install. Just need to change 8081 to 8080 and all worked instantly for me.

BTW, any idea of estimated download speeds compared to running on another system/vm? Quite slow compared to VPN on my Desktop but at least it works and is automated.

Sorry about this guys, must have left my personal config for the ports in the default config. It's been fixed now.

On 11/4/2018 at 4:12 PM, Dataone said:

I just switched to Mullvad, I was having an issue where it would connect to peers and seeds yet just not download or seed anything. I changed my server from USA to Australia (closer to me) and this problem dissapeared.

However, now whenever I use the UDP protocol I consistently get this error:

Sun Nov 4 20:52:25 2018 AEAD Decrypt error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #256450 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

Any clue what could be causing this?

Possibly related?

"This is beyond the scope of openpyn but looks like it's likely that some UDP packets are getting dropped (wifi reception is not that good?). https://airvpn.org/topic/14094-weird-log-entries/

It won't happen if you use "--tcp" but there might be some speed loss."

https://github.com/jotyGill/openpyn-nordvpn/issues/107

Edited by MarkusMcNugen

I recently updated the docker manually to force qBittorrent to v4.1.4 since it's been released. I ran into an issue where the Web UI wasn't defaulting to english like it was suppose to if it's blank in the config so the WebUI was showing up as mostly blank. This can be easily fixed by setting the language in the WebUI settings or by editing "/config/qBittorrent/config/qBittorrent.conf", or from the Unraid host "/mnt/cache/appdata/qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/config/qBittorrent.conf", and setting "General\Locale=en" in the file.

This is definitely a qBittorrent issue, but if anyone runs into this issue here is the fix. For new installs I set the default qBittorrent.conf file to default the locale to en to avert this issue. The bug has officially been reported to qBittorrent here.

Edited by MarkusMcNugen
Add full setting string for setting to make it easier to find and fix in config for users, add link to qbittorrent issue
On 12/2/2018 at 4:23 PM, MarkusMcNugen said:

I recently updated the docker manually to force qBittorrent to v4.1.4 since it's been released. I ran into an issue where the Web UI wasn't defaulting to english like it was suppose to if it's blank in the config so the WebUI was showing up as mostly blank. This can be easily fixed by setting the language in the WebUI settings or by editing "/config/qBittorrent/config/qBittorrent.conf" or from the Unraid host "/mnt/cache/appdata/qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/config/qBittorrent.conf" and setting "locale=en" in the file.

This is definitely a qBittorrent issue, but if anyone runs into this issue here is the fix. For new installs I set the default qBittorrent.conf file to default the locale to en to avert this issue.

thank god, i was beating my head on trying to figure this one out!!! lol thank you man!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm trying to get the qbittorrent container going but I'm having issues. I'm hoping someone can help me out!

I keep getting this issue while it's starting up:

Error: Nexthop has invalid gateway.

This is from the docker log, everything in the qBittorent log looks fine (no errors or any red flags) I can include more if needed:

Fri Dec 14 01:24:57 2018 [VPN] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]185.80.222.63:443
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 do_ifconfig, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=0
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 /sbin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 /sbin/ip addr add dev tun0 local 10.10.8.110 peer 10.10.8.109
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 Initialization Sequence Completed
2018-12-14 01:24:58.890754 [info] WebUI port defined as 8082
2018-12-14 01:24:58.925592 [info] Adding 192.168.45.0/24 as route via docker eth0
2018-12-14 01:24:58.958437 [info] ip route defined as follows...
--------------------
default via 10.10.8.109 dev tun0
10.10.8.1 via 10.10.8.109 dev tun0
10.10.8.109 dev tun0 proto kernel scope link src 10.10.8.110
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.8
185.80.222.63 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0
--------------------
iptable_mangle 16384 1
ip_tables 24576 3 iptable_filter,iptable_nat,iptable_mangle
2018-12-14 01:24:58.994864 [info] iptable_mangle support detected, adding fwmark for tables
2018-12-14 01:24:59.041228 [info] Docker network defined as 172.17.0.0/16
2018-12-14 01:24:59.092341 [info] Incoming connections port defined as 8999
2018-12-14 01:24:59.125368 [info] iptables defined as follows...
--------------------
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8082 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8082 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.45.0/24 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8999 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8082 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8082 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 192.168.45.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8999 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
--------------------
Adding 100 group
groupadd: GID '100' already exists
Adding 1000 user
2018-12-14 01:25:00.392667 [info] UMASK defined as '002'
2018-12-14 01:25:00.432182 [info] Starting qBittorrent daemon...
Logging to /config/qBittorrent/data/logs/qbittorrent-daemon.log.
2018-12-14 01:25:01.468780 [info] qBittorrent PID: 213
2018-12-14 01:25:01.472233 [info] Started qBittorrent daemon successfully...

thanks for helping out and for all the great work!

Edited by AboveUnrefined
On 12/13/2018 at 8:34 PM, AboveUnrefined said:

Hello!

I'm trying to get the qbittorrent container going but I'm having issues. I'm hoping someone can help me out!

I keep getting this issue while it's starting up:

This is from the docker log, everything in the qBittorent log looks fine (no errors or any red flags) I can include more if needed:

Fri Dec 14 01:24:57 2018 [VPN] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]185.80.222.63:443
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 do_ifconfig, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=0
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 /sbin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 /sbin/ip addr add dev tun0 local 10.10.8.110 peer 10.10.8.109
Fri Dec 14 01:24:58 2018 Initialization Sequence Completed
2018-12-14 01:24:58.890754 [info] WebUI port defined as 8082
2018-12-14 01:24:58.925592 [info] Adding 192.168.45.0/24 as route via docker eth0
2018-12-14 01:24:58.958437 [info] ip route defined as follows...
--------------------
default via 10.10.8.109 dev tun0
10.10.8.1 via 10.10.8.109 dev tun0
10.10.8.109 dev tun0 proto kernel scope link src 10.10.8.110
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.8
185.80.222.63 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0
--------------------
iptable_mangle 16384 1
ip_tables 24576 3 iptable_filter,iptable_nat,iptable_mangle
2018-12-14 01:24:58.994864 [info] iptable_mangle support detected, adding fwmark for tables
2018-12-14 01:24:59.041228 [info] Docker network defined as 172.17.0.0/16
2018-12-14 01:24:59.092341 [info] Incoming connections port defined as 8999
2018-12-14 01:24:59.125368 [info] iptables defined as follows...
--------------------
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8082 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8082 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.45.0/24 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8999 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8082 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8082 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 192.168.45.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8999 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
--------------------
Adding 100 group
groupadd: GID '100' already exists
Adding 1000 user
2018-12-14 01:25:00.392667 [info] UMASK defined as '002'
2018-12-14 01:25:00.432182 [info] Starting qBittorrent daemon...
Logging to /config/qBittorrent/data/logs/qbittorrent-daemon.log.
2018-12-14 01:25:01.468780 [info] qBittorrent PID: 213
2018-12-14 01:25:01.472233 [info] Started qBittorrent daemon successfully...

thanks for helping out and for all the great work!

Not sure how you have this setup, but it looks to me like you have the wrong LAN_NETWORK defined. ip route command seems to show 172.17.0.0/16 as the connected LAN network. You have it set to 192.168.45.0/24.

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and tried the binhex setup and that worked. If that doesn't I'll try what you suggest. I think it might see that other subnet because of how I have a bridged interface (composed of 2 nics) and that might be part of the issue - the 192.168.45.0/24 subnet is what it should be, but I'm not totally aware of how this is working either so I'm not sure...

Hey,

Just an update; the previous issue surrounding the cache drive filling us was actually completely my fault; the downloads directory was actually on a share that had cache enabled, to it wasn't leaking out of the appdata directory like I had suspected. The other issue (files remaining in temp) probably persists but also isn't such an issue.

Only other thing I've had problems with is the port mapping; sometimes I need to manually change the port mapping, and then change it back, before I can access the web GUI. Anyway, for the time being we're using another method of downloading (hence why I discovered the "cache" issue) but will probably try this again now I've worked out what caused the previous one. Cheers.